View Full Version : Maria Sue Chapman "The Flower girl"

westsidesooner
09-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I hope you don't mind me posting this thread in the Faith and Values forum. I don't usually discuss my beliefs, and won't start now, but I wanted to share this video with you. I've always been a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman and have been following the tragedy that occured to their family this spring. Its an incredibly moving video, and both an eye opener and an inspiration. Their oldest daughter (Emily) is getting married Oct 4th and I can't imagine the emotions that day will bring for them....Here' the link to the video: Steven Curtis Chapman.com: Official Source for all things Steven (http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/news.htm)

CuatrodeMayo
09-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I have been a fan growing up. Great video.

Karried
09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
omg.. I can't even see my keyboard.. that was so heartbreaking.

My greatest fear is to lose one of my children... it's almost a debilitating fear of mine. Nearly unbearable to even contemplate.

I feel for their teenage son.. what a burden for him to bear at such a young age ...

I'm so glad this family has their faith to see them through.. that's a great positive of religion, you know you will see your loved ones again if you believe.

westsidesooner
09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Sorry Karried, I should have warned you about how sad it was. I've lost alot of friends and family in my life, and sometimes I just want to remind people how precious each moment is with your loved ones. And I've loved that song since it came out.

Karried
09-30-2008, 06:20 PM
no, it's okay, I needed a wake up call. With the stress of homework and grades... I need to remember how precious my kids are and to tell them how much I love them.

I sent my son a text today after watching that telling how proud I was of him and how much I loved him!

westsidesooner
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
My greatest fear is to lose one of my children... it's almost a debilitating fear of mine. Nearly unbearable to even contemplate.

I feel for their teenage son.. what a burden for him to bear at such a young age ...

I meant to mention this yesterday: I don't have any children of my own, so I can't imagine what it would be like to have that fear. Last night after reading your post I felt a little uneasy that I might have caused you any sorrow. Sometimes I just don't think things through..and for that I apologize again. As for the Chapmans son, he is the one I'm really praying for. I guess it just frustrates me to know there are people out there hurting, and not alot I can do to help them.

I sent my son a text today after watching that telling how proud I was of him and how much I loved him!

Thank you for posting this. If I had just one intention for this thread it was to remind people that time waits for noone. With all the things we have to think about on a daily basis; like the oil prices, the election and it partisan bickering, or just the fear of how to pay our bills, sometimes we all take our family and friends forgranted. As if they'll always be there.

A good friend of mine doesn't get along with his parents very well and rarely calls or speaks with them. (His mother has cancer) This frustrates me to no end since I know what its like to lose your parents; with things left unsaid. I can't change that in my own life and I don't want anyone else to have to live with knowing they had the oppurtunity, but let pride or anger or just time constraints stop them from saying the things they wanted to.

I hope everyone who reads this thread calls someone they love. :phone: Just beacause.

Karried
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
oh no, don't feel bad at all.... I've been following the story for awhile.. I knew it would be very sad.. but as I mentioned, sometimes it does make you realize how precious life is...

Send your friend a recommendation to watch Young at Heart ( new release movie) it's very appropriate for people with elderly parents..... warning, it's so heartwarming and so funny but it's also extremely sad in some parts!

gmwise
10-03-2008, 02:36 AM
I am sorry for their loss, but I pray for their son, bless him.
I had a friend who blamed himself for a similiar accident, he took his life.
His note declare his gulit, and his self imposed sentence.
The hardest thing I had to do was going to his funeral
This is what I pray against for their son.
From the larry king interview he seems to be dealing with it, and his father in particular was caught just the extreme end of screen rubbing his shoulder as he prayed for him.
That is a good parent, and I assume his mom is the same.

westsidesooner
10-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Send your friend a recommendation to watch Young at Heart ( new release movie) it's very appropriate for people with elderly parents..... warning, it's so heartwarming and so funny but it's also extremely sad in some parts!

Thanks for the recomendation.....I'll suggest it to him. Looks good from the trailer.