View Full Version : Fox Sports Oklahoma

Kerry
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Yep, you heard correct. Oklahoma will have its own Fox Sports Net channel. Programming will be limited at first but will expand. For those of us with Direct TV this is great news.

NewsOK.tv (http://www.newsok.tv/?titleID=1825615667)

Lord Helmet
09-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Yep, you heard correct. Oklahoma will have its own Fox Sports Net channel. Programming will be limited at first but will expand. For those of us with Direct TV this is great news.

NewsOK.tv (http://www.newsok.tv/?titleID=1825615667)

dish network too :)

jstanthrnme
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
FOKS - Fox Oklahoma Sports. That is my prefered acronym.

soonergal
09-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I read that just a bit ago on another site and what they have planned sounds good...Fox Sports Oklahoma sounds pretty darn good to me...

Pete
09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
That is great... Glad not to have to rely on a Dallas-based station any longer.

BB37
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
That's good news! Unless they're carrying an OU game, I rarely watch FSNSW because (seemingly) 80 precent of their programming and commercials are Texas-based. Lots of Texas HS sports info, but nothing of Oklahoma high schools. I've always felt it should've been name FSN-Texas.

Hopefully, Cox will pick it up.

metro
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Great News! Any chance we could get them to have a downtown OKC studio?

crouchingliger
09-29-2008, 07:57 PM
That is great... Glad not to have to rely on a Dallas-based station any longer.

"FS Oklahoma will air “Thunder Live” pregame and postgame shows, which will be anchored from a studio in Dallas"
FS Oklahoma to air Thunder games | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/fs-oklahoma-to-air-thunder-games/article/3304544/?tm=1222733614)

Whoops.

metro
09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, pretty lame, FSOK based out of Dallas. Heck, even our local FOX affiliate would be better than that.

Kerry
09-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Give it some time. Yes they will use a Dallas studio for now but that could change once the programming catches up. They are going to cover high school sports in Oklahoma (all state playoff games for now) but more will come. With FSOkla there should be better coverage of OU/OSU/Tulsa plus other OK colleges. Heck, maybe even Yard Dogz/Blazers/Red Hawks. The will cover 80% of the Thunder games.

lasomeday
09-29-2008, 10:14 PM
So, will they be on Cox?

bigjkt405
09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
So, will they be on Cox?

It will be on FSSW. Part of FSSW will be FSN Houston, FS Oklahoma, FSSW (Dallas), the major programming goes to all three, and localized programming under the specific header....

jstanthrnme
09-29-2008, 10:33 PM
So, will they be on Cox?

Yes, they just say it is good for Dish and DirectTV subscribers because the Cox channel carried the Hornets and that channel was limited to Cox's service.
Every oklahoman who has a cable/sattelite bill will get ALL of the games.

jbrown84
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Good news. Hopefully production will move to OKC eventually.

BDP
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Part of FSSW will be FSN Houston, FS Oklahoma, FSSW (Dallas), the major programming goes to all three, and localized programming under the specific header....

Does this mean that FSSW will broadcast FS Oklahoma programming as well when there is no conflict with their properties down there?

bigjkt405
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
The way I understand it, is that the programming defaults to FSSW, unless there is actual FS Oklahoma programming being played. So if the Thunder are not on, or the high school shows, then we would be getting the same feed as the rest of the FSSW subscribers. Thats the way FSN Houston works...

BDP
09-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I guess what I am wondering then is if FSSW will ever have any programming from FS Oklahoma. That is, will FS Oklahoma programming only air on FS Oklahoma or will it filter up to FSSW as well?

OKCDrummer77
09-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Until they dropped the channels, Cox would occasionally show FSN Houston or Midwest programming (usually an Astros or Cardinals game) on Go Scout Autos. Maybe something similar could happen in Dallas when the Thunder are playing and the Mavs aren't.

Just a guess.

SoonerBV
11-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Is anyone getting this channel yet? I was trying to watch the Thunder tonight (with Dish Network), and I still have Fox Southwest. It was on one of the ALT channels, but said it was a blackout?

shane453
11-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I watched it today but on Cox.

Kerry
11-02-2008, 09:17 PM
SoonerBV - this is what happens when money and lawers get involved. If you want to watch the Thunder outside the Oklahoma market you will need to get NBA league pass. What makes me mad is when the Sports Animal blocks their internet streaming so you can't listen to the game on-line. I am sure some lawyer came up with that idea also. Why do people in Oklahoma get to watch/listen to the game for free but if I am in Atlanta/Jacksonville I have to pay?

andy157
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
SoonerBV - this is what happens when money and lawers get involved. If you want to watch the Thunder outside the Oklahoma market you will need to get NBA league pass. What makes me mad is when the Sports Animal blocks their internet streaming so you can't listen to the game on-line. I am sure some lawyer came up with that idea also. Why do people in Oklahoma get to watch/listen to the game for free but if I am in Atlanta/Jacksonville I have to pay?But your ok with having to pay to hear them play.... aren't you?

SoonerBV
11-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Kerry,

I completely understand that I would have to get a NBA league pass if I lived outside of Oklahoma, but I live in Norman.

I think it probably has more to do with Dish than the Thunder. When the Hornets where here I had the same issue. They didnt have any broadcast rights for Dish, so I only got to see them when they were on TNT, which was never. When I called Dish tonight, they didnt seem to know anything about FSN Oklahoma.

Kerry
11-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the clarrification SoonerBV.

Andy157, no I am not happy to pay to listen to the game when there are people that get to do that for free just because of where they live. However, it is an NBA issue and not a Thunder issue. I guess the NBA wants me to be a Magic or Hawks fans since I live/work in their market. Well guess what NBA, I don't have an attachement to either city so I won't be watching them.

andy157
11-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the clarrification SoonerBV.

Andy157, no I am not happy to pay to listen to the game when there are people that get to do that for free just because of where they live. However, it is an NBA issue and not a Thunder issue. I guess the NBA wants me to be a Magic or Hawks fans since I live/work in their market. Well guess what NBA, I don't have an attachement to either city so I won't be watching them.Since it is an NBA issue, and the issue appears to be revenue, I would think each team including the thunder would get a portion of it. Wouldn't you think so to?

dcsooner
11-03-2008, 05:46 AM
I like in Virginia and purchased the Fox Sports package on DirecTV for $12 a month extra. I get FSOklahoma and Love it. I also get all the other regional sports networks so I have been able to see all the Thunder games.

dcsooner
11-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Duplicate

Kerry
11-03-2008, 07:37 AM
DCSooner - Let me know if you keep receiving the Thunder games via FSOklahoma. Right now they are in a free-preview mode for NBA games but I think that ends next week. The game was on-line last night also as part of the NBA free-preview.

onthestrip
11-03-2008, 07:52 AM
On a more positive note, at least the high definition picture looked good.

SoonerBV
11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
So I sent an email to Dish Network asking about FSN Oklahoma, and they basically replied that they had no idea what that was...Interesting.

Of course, the alternative would be for me to just get my lazy butt off the couch and go! ;)

Lord Helmet
11-03-2008, 02:59 PM
So I sent an email to Dish Network asking about FSN Oklahoma, and they basically replied that they had no idea what that was...Interesting.

Of course, the alternative would be for me to just get my lazy butt off the couch and go! ;)

I am a dish subscriber and couldn't figure out why I was still getting FSW, then I found this at newsok.com:

Fox Sports Oklahoma channel locations

→Cox Communications: Channel 37.

→DirecTV: Channel 676, Oklahoma-related programming will air on Channel 679.

→Dish Network: Channel 416, Oklahoma-related programming will air on an alternate channel.

The Thunder games have been on a couple of the ALT channels. I dunno why we're still getting FSW, but whatever.

dcsooner
11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I am getting the Thunder games on FSOklahoma via DirecTV. I pay $12 per month for the Fox Sports Package which gets me all the regional Fox networks, incl FSOK on Ch 679

brianinok
11-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I didn't look for the last game, but the first game I watched on 1052 (KSBI) on U-Verse in OKC. The guide showed it as being on FSSW-Alt, but was blacked out. I called AT&T and they told me to watch it on KSBI.

SoonerBV
11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
thanks for the info lord helmet. My guide showed that it was on the alt channel, but it said it was blacked out. Hopefully it was just a first time glitch or something...

BDP
11-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Just FYI, the Fox Sports HD channel on Cox hardly ever has any programming data, but it always has the HD version of what's on the standard definition ch. 37 when available. I was also very impressed by the production of the Thunder game the other night, especially for a regional sports broadcast.

OKCisOK4me
11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
If you check your guides, Channels 37 & 722 on Cox are now labeled FSOKH. Just like when they added a couple more channels in to the HD line up the week before, the guide line is blank. Next week they'll have all the info up and running I'd think.

SoonerBV
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Ok, crisis averted. Tonight the game is on the fox alt channel. Dont know why it wasnt the other night, but now it is. What a relief, I thought I was going to have to watch dancing with the stars...;)

LovableGoober
11-06-2008, 07:18 AM
If I'm reading correctly, people were worried because they couldn't get the opening night game on FOXOK. It wasn't on FOXOK because it was on KSBI. If it's on KSBI it's not going to be on FOXOK.

OKCisOK4me
11-06-2008, 02:51 PM
If I'm reading correctly, people were worried because they couldn't get the opening night game on FOXOK. It wasn't on FOXOK because it was on KSBI. If it's on KSBI it's not going to be on FOXOK.

KSBI was broadcasting 17 of the games. Preseason included in that count. If you go to their website they have a schedule you can print off. Very handy.

Lord Helmet
11-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Anyone with Dish Network getting the games anymore?...mine have all been "unavailable in your area"

I called them and they told me something about blackout rules regarding sellouts...which might make sense except tonights game is in Memphis...

plmccordj
11-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone with Dish Network getting the games anymore?...mine have all been "unavailable in your area"

I called them and they told me something about blackout rules regarding sellouts...which might make sense except tonights game is in Memphis...

I have watched every game on Dish Network. One thing that I have noticed is that the games are not on the same channels. They are not on the channel we always watched that is Fox Sports Southwest. One day they are on 445, and the next day they are on 455. I usually have to start at 400 and thumb through the channels to find it. Also the games are not on until straight up the minute the game starts. I hope this helps.

Paul

dcsooner
11-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Nope FOX sports pack on DTV does not show the games any more

Kerry
11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Nope FOX sports pack on DTV does not show the games any more

Thanks dcsooner, that is what I was afraid of. The NBA policy just doesn't make sense. I have an NBA team I want to follow but the NBA thinks thinks I should root for the Magic. I am so glad the NBA does my team selection for me. Instead of attracting me to the NBA even more all they are doing is pushing out-of-market fans away. I know I can buy NBA League Pass but I have a hard time paying for something other people are getting for free just because of where I live.

I just "watch" the games via ESPNs game cast. It is free and I can keep up with the game in almost real-time. If you have a web enabled phone you can keep constant tabs via ESPN also. They have a feature that will refresh the game stats every 15 seconds.

SWOKC 4 me
11-30-2008, 08:27 PM

Someimes on Dish Network the Thunder game is on two different "ALT" channels. When this is the case one channel will say "unavailable in your area" as you have seen, but the other channel will have the game.

If you tune to a channel that says it is unavailable in your area keep looking it will most likely be on another channel that is available.

This has been my experience so far.

edcrunk
12-01-2008, 12:03 AM
i used to work for directv... and if it says "UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA", that just means it is playing on another channel in your area.

Lord Helmet
12-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Someimes on Dish Network the Thunder game is on two different "ALT" channels. When this is the case one channel will say "unavailable in your area" as you have seen, but the other channel will have the game.

If you tune to a channel that says it is unavailable in your area keep looking it will most likely be on another channel that is available.

This has been my experience so far.

Hmm, Next game, if you remember, could you post the channel that you are watching? I wanna see if it has something to do with my card.

SWOKC 4 me
12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Hmm, Next game, if you remember, could you post the channel that you are watching? I wanna see if it has something to do with my card.

Tonight (12/5) channel 450 on Dish Network.

...And also on KSBI locally.

fromdust
01-02-2009, 07:34 PM
heres what i dont understand. i went from my room, which has regular tv, to the living room to watch the game in hi-def. when i turned foxok hd it just has the rainbow off air pic, but it shows it on regular foxok. anyone know why?

OKCDrummer77
01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
For some reason, not all games were scheduled to be in HD. I'm flipping between the Thunder game and the Sugar Bowl, which is in HD, and the Thunder game looks really grainy by comparison.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
02-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, pretty lame, FSOK based out of Dallas. Heck, even our local FOX affiliate would be better than that.

Ok, we just got ATT U-verse, and I have FSSWD (channel 753) which indicates Dallas. We happen to have two of them, which is strange (two non-HD channels). We do not have any FSOK or any channel that indicates its Fox Sports Oklahoma (I know that Fox Sports Dallas, Houston, etc are all Fox Sports Southwest, playing the local games when they are on)

Does this mean that FS Dallas (FSSWD) is really "FSSWOklahoma" and ATT doesn't know its not Dallas?

We called them to ask if they had "FSOklahoma" and they said it is not in their channel lineup, but besides Dallas they do have Houston, San Antonio, Kansas City, Missouri (everything but the one we care about!). Alot of help that is.

I guess I'll have to tune to 753 during the next Thunder game to find out.

:confused:

Kerry
02-07-2009, 10:44 PM
For those out-of-staters like myself, we can still listen to every game on the internet thanks to The Sports Animal.