View Full Version : ESPN writers predict team will tie for worst mark

UnFrSaKn
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
OKC Thunder: ESPN writers predict team will tie for worst mark | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-espn-writers-predict-team-will-tie-for-worst-mark/article/3304006)

While some believe the Thunder might win 10 to 15 more games after trading for veterans Desmond Mason and Joe Smith, and drafting rookies Russell Westbrook and D.J. White, ESPN.com isn't as optimistic.

A panel of 25 ESPN writers predicts the Thunder will finish 23-59 and tie Memphis for the worst record in the league.

Easy180
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately that looks about right...Hoping the home court may help them come away with a few more close ones but it will be pitiful

And we will love every minute of it

bretthexum
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Yep... I am being realistic about this season. And if we are horrible we have a good shot at a top pick in next years draft.

metro
09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
I'll be the optimistic one and think the Loud City atmosphere and having a large fan base that is actually excited about the team will really help the morale and drive of the team. I don't think we'll be tied for last. I'm hoping 30 wins.

betts
09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I'll be the optimistic one and think the Loud City atmosphere and having a large fan base that is actually excited about the team will really help the morale and drive of the team. I don't think we'll be tied for last. I'm hoping 30 wins.

Me too. I do believe that an enthusiastic fan base helps, and I believe a team that has meshed helps. I think this team gets along really well, and I'm hoping Desmond Mason performs the PJ Brown role of leader and stablizing force. He is SUCH a nice guy and a great role model.

traxx
10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Don't believe it. These are the same guys that were crowning USC national champs two weeks ago and were saying no way Bama beats Georgia. They don't know anymore than you or I. With that being said, I'm guessing at least 20 wins.

Richard at Remax
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
I predict 29-53

TaoMaas
10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I think we'll do better than last. Bottom 5, maybe...but not tied for last.

jbrown84
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Hopefully we prove them wrong.

Laramie
10-02-2008, 07:47 PM

metro, I agree with your analogy. Keep the faith!:congrats:

Karried
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
That's a great thing about Oklahoma.. we're definitely not fair weather fans... we'll support this team through thick and thin.... and make them better than they ever believed they could be, because we believe in them..

I can't wait .. bring it!

jbrown84
10-03-2008, 05:52 PM
That's a great thing about Oklahoma.. we're definitely not fair weather fans...

So true. You have no idea how many disastrous OU games I sat through during the Schnellenburger and Blake years...