View Full Version : Recommendations

raw98682
09-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm looking for two things:

-A gym in nw okc with a student discount

-Exercise classes (pilates, tae kwan do, kick boxing) or a sport (tennis, softball, racquetball...)

Any recommendations??

:kicking:

supersooner
10-02-2008, 12:13 PM
you are looking for something larger like Aspen or the Y. maybe even the lighthouse off of hefner parkway and hefner I believe.
Most of them offer student discounts and depending on the promotion going on when you are signing up, you can gte good deals. I don't think many offer a "real" taekwondo class, but most have kickboxing or something along those "billy blanks" line of workouts.
Depending on where you live, finding one with actually facilities for tennis and razquetball type sports will be hard to find. aspen on rockwell and NW expressway has a basketball court and a pool as well as the kickboxing classes. That is my choice for that area of town. Bethany has a Y and there is also "the weight room" at 39th and tulsa. I like the weightroom as well, but it doesn't offer the sports. They all have a spinning room now too. Take a saturday and just drive to them and check out all the ones in your area. drive time is a big thing too. if its too long of a driv eor out of the way, it will be less likely you will go.

soonerfan21
10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
the Lighthouse has pilates, kickboxing, spinning and body pump classes among others. they do have swimming and a separate area for basketball, but I think those are structured leagues. but might be worth looking into if the price is right.