View Full Version : LitterMaid

Thunder
09-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Anyone have any experience with these? Recommendations?

I had read reviews and some said not to get the Elite version. There are Standard and Deluxe.

Target has one, but when I checked online, it seem that the Elite version is the only one sold in stores, so I guess the one I see in the store is the Elite version, which I was planning to get until I read some reviews.

Insider
09-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I have two and they are the best thing ever invented (for cats). It works flawlessly and all you have to do is empty the collecting tray. My cats love it, My wife loves it, and therefor I love it!

Midtowner
09-25-2008, 07:50 AM
My sister in law got one and had to get rid of it. The cat didn't see it so much as a litter box, but as a toy. The cat would jump in and jump out, constantly running the collector thing.

Thunder
09-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Insider, what version?

Midtowner, as they say, stupid cats do stupid things.

Thunder
09-26-2008, 03:23 PM
I bought one at Target, it is cheaper there ($99), than PetSmart and PetCo, then I save 10 bux off of that, plus other things I bought brought up savings to around $15.

I'll post review as soon I feel like setting it up. :D

BradR
09-26-2008, 10:09 PM
$89 for a litter box? you're crazy!

Thunder
09-27-2008, 01:34 AM
It is not just a litter box.

Welcome to LitterMaid™ (http://www.littermaid.com)

Would you like going to your toilet and see something floating in there? I would like the box to be clean each time they go to it.

Insider, are you using the premium clumping litter from LitterMaid? I wonder if FreshStep can still be used? I get many points from them for prizes on their site.

BradR
09-27-2008, 10:17 AM
we have two cats and just clean it every morning, they don't seem to mind

my wife looked at that littermaid but i talked her out of it because i'm sure our cats would just freak out or play with it

sweetdaisy
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Brad, probably not a bad idea to not bother with it. I had one, but my 2 cats used it (and played with it) so much it burned the motor out within a year. I replaced it and that one burned out within a year, as well.

After that, I decided I could get my lazy self to clean the box once a day.

Intrepid
10-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Brad, probably not a bad idea to not bother with it. I had one, but my 2 cats used it (and played with it) so much it burned the motor out within a year. I replaced it and that one burned out within a year, as well.

After that, I decided I could get my lazy self to clean the box once a day.

For old times sake... :banned2:

lol :tiphat:

Insider
10-09-2008, 08:07 AM
I do not use the premium litter. Any clumping litter will work. I have the 'Elite' version (I think this is what it was called). It is like $150 or so at PetSmart. I only paid about $50 including tax because I had a friend that worked there and they had a huge employee only sale.

Thunder
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking of stop buying the premium litter, it is small bag and too expensive. I'll go back to FreshStep bucket and I get points for it.

BradR
10-09-2008, 03:54 PM
if we had to use expensive litter we would be broke, we just buy the huge 36lb jugs

sweetdaisy
10-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Thunder, Freshstep litter works fine in the Littermaid. Any GOOD clumping litter is fine. (I empahsize good clumping b/c I recently purchased the store brand from Homeland and it was a complete waste of money.) Plus, as you said, you get points for it!!! :)

sweetdaisy
10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
For old times sake... :banned2:

lol :tiphat:

You are SOOO silly! :)

Caboose
10-18-2008, 09:00 AM
I taught our cat to use the toilet in the guest bathroom. I just have to go in there and flush every now and then. Took 3 months to train him, and the final stage was pretty gross, but it has been well worth it. No more litter.

ddavidson8
10-18-2008, 09:49 AM
What are these points you speak of????

Thunder
10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
What are these points you speak of????

FreshStep have points when you buy their brand. The largest amount (the tub bucket), the more points. Create an account and enter codes. Build up the points. Redeem prizes for the felines.

ddavidson8
10-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Gracias.

BradR
10-19-2008, 09:05 PM
I taught our cat to use the toilet in the guest bathroom. I just have to go in there and flush every now and then. Took 3 months to train him, and the final stage was pretty gross, but it has been well worth it. No more litter.

how did you manage this?