View Full Version : DT Sheraton

bombermwc
09-22-2008, 07:47 AM
So I'm surprised that no one has ever commented on this, but surely we've seen that the Sheraton downtown is in the middle of a facade makeover.

The exposed concrete look is going away...THANK GOD!!! They've been paiting for several weeks now with a rather interesting color scheme. It's a little more bright than I would have chosen, but for that hotel, it may help it stand out a little from it's surroundings.....catch the eye.

I haven't driven up close in a few months to see if they are stucco-ing or just painting the building.

Insider
09-22-2008, 07:48 AM
They are just painting the building. Like you said, they have been at it for a few weeks. Hopefully they will finish soon.

metro
09-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Actually there is another thread already discussing this. Most people thought it looked like cheap EIFS now with those horrible adobe like colors.

Kerry
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
If they want to stand out they should have glued mirros to the whole building. Check out the Hyatt Regency in Tampa

Hyatt Regency Tampa, Tampa / Emporis.com (http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=hyattregencytampa-tampa-fl-usa)

okcustu
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM
it is a vast improvement from before
are they going to do anything with that pitiful "shopping area" in the convention center?

amaesquire
09-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I thought it looked different. Then I thought I was making it up in my head and it had always looked like that.