View Full Version : OKC Thunder Fans

Karried
09-17-2008, 11:39 AM
We should all go support betts in her new venture just as she has been a valuable member of our forum...

(just don't stay away too long, lol.)

Congrats, betts on getting your site up and running.

http://www.okcnbafans.com/vforum/index.php (http://www.okcnbafans.com/vforum/index.php)

betts
09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks. It's a work in progress, as we're still waiting on a front page for blogs and new graphics. But, we're hoping anyone interested in talking about the Thunder or sports in general will stop by and say "hi".

SouthsideSooner
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Congrats Betts, the new site looks great.

You're the perfect person to head up that project.

Best of luck. :congrats:

the_Mont
09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I always have problems when I try to access the site from my work computer. The site is not outright banned, but it only loads about halfway then stops. I feel so out of the loop!

Edit: I didn't realize you had revised the site, Betts! I can only get the first page up, nothing else will load!

betts
09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
There is currently only one page.....the forum. The rest is under construction. I got tired of looking at Desmond Mason as a Hornet on our old forum, so decided to switch before everything was completely done.

Stinger
09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
I always have problems when I try to access the site from my work computer. The site is not outright banned, but it only loads about halfway then stops. I feel so out of the loop!

Edit: I didn't realize you had revised the site, Betts! I can only get the first page up, nothing else will load!

The old site doesn't work for me at work, but this one loaded fine.

I tried to login and my user name isn't recognized. I was under the impression the old logins from hornetscentral would work there...

betts
09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I tried to login and my user name isn't recognized. I was under the impression the old logins from hornetscentral would work there...

No. We're having people reregister. A lot of people wanted to change their screen names, and we've got such out of date e-mail information for a lot of our members that we decided to have everyone re-register.

Stinger
09-17-2008, 07:49 PM
No. We're having people reregister. A lot of people wanted to change their screen names, and we've got such out of date e-mail information for a lot of our members that we decided to have everyone re-register.

Good, cause I don't have much of a reason to be "stinger" anymore!

Site looks great, by the way!

betts
09-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks! It's a work in progress, and will hopefully only get better.

Thunder
09-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I joined and was very much surprised that Thunder wasn't taken, so I joined as Thunder. :D

Update - I didn't get the activation email, so could you activate me, please?

Doug Loudenback
09-17-2008, 11:32 PM
I joined and was very much surprised that Thunder wasn't taken, so I joined as Thunder. :D

Update - I didn't get the activation email, so could you activate me, please?
I don't think that the new forum uses "activation," as such ... register and you should be in. I did receive an e-mail after registering that that said,

Dear Doug Loudenback,

Thanks for registering at OKC Thunder Fans Forums! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,
OKC Thunder Fans Forums

Thunder
09-18-2008, 01:21 AM
When I registered, it said that activation details was sent, but I didn't get it. When I tried to post, it says I'm not activated. Poor Thunder!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-18-2008, 05:04 AM
CooooOOOOOooool :)

Doug Loudenback
09-18-2008, 06:58 AM
When I registered, it said that activation details was sent, but I didn't get it. When I tried to post, it says I'm not activated. Poor Thunder!
Hmm, I don't understand but did you check your junk/spam mail e-mail folder?

Thunder
09-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Yup. Not there either.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Weird...Took me like 1.2 minutes to sign up and get my confirmation stuff.

bretthexum
09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Betts, do you like vBulletin? I been thinking about using that myself...

Thunder
09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
vBulletin cost money.

I got the activation email. It was late, most likely the server was slow, wherever the forum was at.

betts
09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Betts, do you like vBulletin? I been thinking about using that myself...

It's a lot more complicated than our previous one, but I like what I've figured out so far. It seems as if the members like it better than phpBB, and I like that as well.