View Full Version : where is the republican office in edmond?

Chefdavies
09-16-2008, 11:06 AM
I saw the edmond sun had a story about but I missed where it was located.

TTillman
09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Its on the S side of 2nd St across from UCO.

redwingsfan
09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
For those of you who are looking for the Democratic office in Edmond, it's on the south side of High Taxation Street, just north of Big Government Blvd. ;)

fire121
09-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Yea, right when you see the red flag with the hammer and sickle turn in there.

bretthexum
09-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Democrats in Edmond? Come on. Everyone knows that town is for bible thumping snots... ;).

OK, I confess. I live in Edmond.

redwingsfan
09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Hammer and sickle...now THAT'S funny! True, but still funny...

Chefdavies
09-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Bible thumping snots huh? I'd rather be called that than a jealous hippie liberal pansy from norman hahah all in good fun thanks, I need to run by and get my McCain/Palin sticker

FritterGirl
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes, I'm an Edmondite, too. Picked up my Obama/Biden and Andrew Rice stickers today. They're already on my car. I can't wait to see what my neighbors will think....hippie liberal pansy that I am!

kevinpate
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Isn't the entire city limits of Edmond considered McCain/Palin HQ? :)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Yes, I'm an Edmondite, too. Picked up my Obama/Biden and Andrew Rice stickers today. They're already on my car. I can't wait to see what my neighbors will think....hippie liberal pansy that I am!

Two houses on a street I drive down to get out of my neighborhood had newly placed Obama signs in their yards the last couple of days. When I drove by yesterday morning, both of those two houses (and no others) and the cars in the driveways were covered in what had to be eight thousand dollars worth of eggs. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. WTF is wrong with people?

andy157
09-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Yes, I'm an Edmondite, too. Picked up my Obama/Biden and Andrew Rice stickers today. They're already on my car. I can't wait to see what my neighbors will think....hippie liberal pansy that I am!I bet right now they're thinking..... Were going to need more eggs.

redwingsfan
09-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Two houses on a street I drive down to get out of my neighborhood had newly placed Obama signs in their yards the last couple of days. When I drove by yesterday morning, both of those two houses (and no others) and the cars in the driveways were covered in what had to be eight thousand dollars worth of eggs. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. WTF is wrong with people?
Don't worry, Obama has a solution. Once he gets in office, he will tax eggs to the point where they will no longer afford to buy them. Problem solved.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Don't worry, Obama has a solution. Once he gets in office, he will tax eggs to the point where they will no longer afford to buy them. Problem solved.

Whereas McCain will just bomb bomb bomb their ass.

FritterGirl
09-17-2008, 08:00 AM

Have we sunk really so low as a society that we are actually destroying others' property because they are excercising their right to express their political beliefs? Really, to me it speaks more about the yeehaws who did this (McCain/Palin supporters?) than it does about the property owners. In a word... Pa. The. Tic.

I've heard similar stories wherein all of the Obama signs in a single neighborhood disappeared overnight, but nothing that bad. Oh well, guess I'm willing to take a shot at it. I've noticed a few other Obama signs in my neighborhood, but no eggs as of yet.

hipsterdoofus
09-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Have we sunk really so low as a society that we are actually destroying others' property because they are excercising their right to express their political beliefs? Really, to me it speaks more about the yeehaws who did this (McCain/Palin supporters?) than it does about the property owners. In a word... Pa. The. Tic.

I've heard similar stories wherein all of the Obama signs in a single neighborhood disappeared overnight, but nothing that bad. Oh well, guess I'm willing to take a shot at it. I've noticed a few other Obama signs in my neighborhood, but no eggs as of yet.

Yes and I'm sure only McCain supports do such things...

FritterGirl
09-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Yes and I'm sure only McCain supports do such things...

I never said they were the only ones - note the question mark. It was there for a reason. Whoever it is, it is obviously someone who opposes the Dem ticket.

And in instances I have heard from multiple people, at this point, only the Obama signs are being targeted.

They could just as easily be Inhofe supporters, KKK members, Ron Paul supporters, or Boston Tea Party supporters for all I care.

Regardless of who "they" are, it's a sad statement about our society when someone vandalises another's property because of a political belief. Last time I checked, this was still a free country, and we were free to EXPRESS our opinions.

That being said, I guess the egg-throwing in and of itself is a means of "expression," (although an illegal one at that) so to the violators - egg away. I'll just break out the hose, get another sign and keep fighting the good fight! :numchucks

GWB
09-17-2008, 08:24 AM
I've noticed a few other Obama signs in my neighborhood, but no eggs as of yet.

I ran out of eggs and didn't have enough to do your compound. As soon as I can get some organic brown eggs (you like those, right?) I'll be right over (kidding). :smile:

True, I agree with you, it's sad that things like this happen. I remember when some Kerry supporters slashed the tires of Bush supporters back during the Bush/Kerry campaign. It happens on all sides, and it's wrong no matter who does it.

redwingsfan
09-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Whereas McCain will just bomb bomb bomb their ass.
It's those same bombs that you speak of so negatively that have protected and preserved the freedom that you seem to be enjoying today.

Last time I checked, France is still taking immigrants, don't let the door hit you on your way out...

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-17-2008, 09:39 AM
It's those same bombs that you speak of so negatively that have protected and preserved the freedom that you seem to be enjoying today.

Last time I checked, France is still taking immigrants, don't let the door hit you on your way out...

I did 11 years in the Marine Corps, so please use your "ZOMG FREEEEEDOMS!LOLL>>>>!!!ONE!" lecture on somebody else.

redwingsfan
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I did 11 years in the Marine Corps, so please use your "ZOMG FREEEEEDOMS!LOLL>>>>!!!ONE!" lecture on somebody else.
The French Marine Corps by chance?

Yea, they except liberals in the armed services...but friendly fire normally solves that problem.

FritterGirl
09-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Yea, they except liberals in the armed services...but friendly fire normally solves that problem.

I don't care what side of the political fence you are on...that's just rude.

Regardless of your position, showing someone who has served our country for eleven years the exit door because he doesn't share your political views, and implying that the world would be better off if "friendly fire" got him is base and tasteless.

Just so we're all on the same page, have you ever served in our military? During active combat? If not, then you'd better be thanking OGTS the next time you see him for doing what you repubs call "saving our a@@" and fighting for our freedoms.

By the way, it's "accept" not except. No exceptions. Glad to see that red-state, er, -neck, edumication is working for ya.

redwingsfan
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Blah blah blah...straight out of the DNC talking points.

You might want to think twice about voting for Obama. As a reult of the the extra taxes you will be paying, you might have to downsize from your doublewide to a single...

FritterGirl
09-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Good thing I'm a registered Independent. I don't have to worry about anyone's "talking points" other than my own.

And yours was the perfect republican retort - divert, divert, divert and then point fingers the other way, without ever taking the comment on point blank, nor answering any questions directed at you.

Never in my comment did I imply that any one of our own soldiers would be better off dead. You did that. It is, and will remain to be, rude and off-base - regardless of your political affiliation.

By the way, you never answered my question. Have you ever served our country? If so, in active duty?

If the answer is no, you owe OGTS an apology.

Sorry if you disagree with what I said. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I don't have to look in anyone's rule book to see that what you said was wrong.

redwingsfan
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Good thing I'm a registered Independent. I don't have to worry about anyone's "talking points" other than my own.

And yours was the perfect republican retort - divert, divert, divert and then point fingers the other way, without ever taking the comment on point blank, nor answering any questions directed at you.

Never in my comment did I imply that any one of our own soldiers would be better off dead. You did that. It is, and will remain to be, rude and off-base - regardless of your political affiliation.

By the way, you never answered my question. Have you ever served our country? If so, in active duty?

If the answer is no, you owe OGTS an apology.

Sorry if you disagree with what I said. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I don't have to look in anyone's rule book to see that what you said was wrong.
Based on your blabbering, I'm guessing your single and wondering why you can't find Mr Right. Am I close?

FritterGirl
09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Based on your blabbering, I'm guessing your single and wondering why you can't find Mr Right. Am I close?

Not even. Happily married and living in the burbs. Oh! And I grew up in a Republican upper middle-class household. In fact, dad still has a framed poster of Regan hanging proudly on the wall, right next to his copy of the Constitution. Ain't sterotypes a b*tch?!

Why do you not answer my questions, nor issue OGTS an apology as is warranted?

It takes a man to admit when he's wrong. Guess you don't fall into that category.

redwingsfan
09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Geez, you don't know when to give up.

Tell that husband of yours to start paying more attention to you so you can stop talking to strangers on chat lines.

hipsterdoofus
09-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Holy crap - people - a person asked where the Republican headquarters were and this is how it ends up? I thought most of you all on this board were above this type of behavior...

This should be moved somewhere else.

MadMonk
09-17-2008, 09:45 PM

I know that OGTS can hold his own here, but I gotta say that this response is uncalled for. You got slammed on an assumption, so just take your lumps and move on. Don't try to save face with a childish belittlement of someone who probably knows far more than you or I the meaning of sacrifice in the name of freedom.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-18-2008, 04:49 AM
lol...Thanks for that guys. :)

Sorry for the threadjack Chefdavies.

redwingsfan
09-18-2008, 06:16 AM
EDIT: personal attack. get back to topic. -M

Chefdavies
09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry guys didnt mean to start such a angry thread...
I got my McCain/Palin sticker on my car, so far only one middle finger and i'm pretty sure that was for my upside longhorn sticker. As far as egging goes, I wouldnt go that far, maybe some plastic forks. But then again I would make sure they were made from recycled product to make the liberals were somewhat happy with the "forking" haha

TTillman
09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Now I feel terrible! I'm a Dem and I gave you directions to the Repub HQ! Guess I have to turn in my registration card and decoder ring now....

Bunty
09-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I ran out of eggs and didn't have enough to do your compound. As soon as I can get some organic brown eggs (you like those, right?) I'll be right over (kidding). :smile:

True, I agree with you, it's sad that things like this happen. I remember when some Kerry supporters slashed the tires of Bush supporters back during the Bush/Kerry campaign. It happens on all sides, and it's wrong no matter who does it.

People with Obama signs need to train a camera with a recorder on them over night and put what happens on the Internet. It would be interesting to see who the sign thefts and vandals are. High school kids?? Old retired people??

Bunty
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Holy crap - people - a person asked where the Republican headquarters were and this is how it ends up? I thought most of you all on this board were above this type of behavior...

This should be moved somewhere else.

Well, a lot of Oklahomans feel a deep heart felt hatred against Obama and probably even worse than they did against Kerry.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-23-2008, 05:57 PM
People with Obama signs need to train a camera with a recorder on them over night and put what happens on the Internet. It would be interesting to see who the sign thefts and vandals are. High school kids?? Old retired people??

Do this...AND wire them directly to their dryer socket.

220 straight into the thieves...BZZZZZZTAT! Just walk out in the morning, pick up the paper, and smell the burnt flesh that's so wonderfully fertilizing your Bermuda grass...Then smile the smile of the self-righteous, tuck your paper under your arm, and go watch the hijinks over and over again in all it's HD glory over a cuppa joe.

GWB
09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, a lot of Oklahomans feel a deep heart felt hatred against Obama and probably even worse than they did against Kerry.

Sure glad that democrats don't feel a deep heartfelt hatred towards republicans. Oh wait a minute, they do...President Bush, VP Cheney, soon to be VP Palin, just to name a few. Oh well, no one's perfect.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Sure glad that democrats don't feel a deep heartfelt hatred towards republicans. Oh wait a minute, they do...President Bush, VP Cheney, soon to be VP Palin, just to name a few. Oh well, no one's perfect.

Cheney and Bush have it coming. They made their bed, and it's not just the left that goes after those clowns. Besides, when it comes to them...Most lefties I know see them and simply shake their heads. It's when people try and defend them that they get angry. Palin? I don't see hatred there. I see questions, and not a whole lot of them are being satisfactorily answered by anybody that I've seen. Namely her.

However, NONE of that compares to the absolute blind hatred, distrust, willful ignorance, and downright stupid view of Obama that the righties have. It's insane how frothy at the mouth they get. Funny on some levels, but mostly just sad. I can't believe that people still think he's a Muslim. That's a LOT of stupid right there.