View Full Version : Huge Ronald McDonald...

traxx
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
...on the top of the Bricktown McDonald's. What's up with this? I thought it was originally just for the opening or some promotion or something but it was still there when I drove by this weekend. So the Bricktown design committee gets them to build a brick establishment with low signage but allows them to put a huge, inflatable, yellow clown on the roof? Is there anything that can be done about this?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Is there anything that can be done about this?

It's inflatable?

Pellet gun.

Thunder
09-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I had bad experience with that place. It is run by kids.

Plus, I had noticed the flaw with the drive-thru. When approaching the first window, it is right there at the turn, which you don't really have room to get close to the window. I've seen many damages on a pole at that turn.

After getting your meal, when you exit, it is highly dangerous to be hit by an incoming vehicle on the left.

There is excessive speed bumps.

I saw that huge clown at the top and it was helpful for me to locate. lol

Oh GAWD, if you want to, just drive by and shoot the clown.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
All McDonald's are packed with young employees. That's the only people that will work there. I worked there for all of 3 weeks when I was 16 and decided that bucking hay was more money and less stressful, so I went back to that as well as working at a feed store.

Thunder
09-15-2008, 09:04 PM
In my opinion, this one is an exception, plus one on the turnpike.

There are plenty of McDonalds that have mature employees, and young people that is really mature.

This one in Bricktown, these kids, all they could do was stare in shock with their mouth open.

The one on the turnpike, I was coming back from Tulsa late night and I didn't realize how close I was to OKC. I stopped by this rest place, which have a gas station and McDonalds. I slept in the car for a short time, then decided to get a milkshake. Well, when I drove up to the first window, this one boy turned to look out the window and screamed. He was absolutely scared to death, jumped back and just screaming.

It's Halloween for me all year round. lol

Karried
09-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Great, nothing like promoting our obese, fast food culture here in Bricktown, OKC with a giant mickey d clown.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-15-2008, 09:51 PM
That's not a clown, it's the new starting point guard.

*runs*

Thunder
09-16-2008, 02:01 AM
That's not a clown, it's the new starting point guard.

*runs*

Hinting to us that you got inside source of OKC Thunder's mascot being a clown?

:congrats:

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-16-2008, 03:35 AM
An "inside source"?

No...I'M THE SOURCE! I'm the new mascot.

I'll be wearing nothing but a hockey mask and jockstrap while carrying a 6' staff with a lightning bolt hanging off of it. People will call me the "THUNDERWEAR SAVIOR" and I'll run around smiting the other team's players mightily about the head and neck with my "Staff of the Penultimate Apocalypse", signalling their impending demise. Then I float an air biscuit right behind their bench, killing them all. That would be the THUNDER baby!

It's going to be EPIC.

Thunder
09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
You'll be the mixture of Mr. Death and Friday the 13th's Jason breed for this epicful mascot. All you do is just stand there and glare at the opponents.

Jockstrap? Is this the men's version of a thong?

Karried
09-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I'll be wearing nothing but a hockey mask and jockstrap while carrying a 6' staff with a lightning bolt hanging off of it. People will call me the "THUNDERWEAR SAVIOR" and I'll run around smiting the other team's players mightily about the head and neck with my "Staff of the Penultimate Apocalypse", signalling their impending demise. Then I float an air biscuit right behind their bench, killing them all. That would be the THUNDER baby!

Prozac is your friend.

oneforone
09-17-2008, 01:27 AM
They were going to put a giant inflatable Richard Simmons up there however, it was already reserved for a pool party at the Habana Inn.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/stancho/Richard_Simmons_Fitness_Guru_RARE_STUDIO_PROMO_Sig ned__522.jpg

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Prozac is your friend.

So is Bean-O! Especially after eating McDonald's...Bringing my threadjack riiiight back on topic.

Karried
09-17-2008, 07:26 AM
TMI .. lol

angel27
09-17-2008, 08:03 AM
when I drove up to the first window, this one boy turned to look out the window and screamed. He was absolutely scared to death, jumped back and just screaming.

It's Halloween for me all year round. lol

Poor Thunder! Have you told your story on here before? Are you disfigured in some way? If I'm being intrusive just tell me so, but I'm thinking you might want to share your story... sorry to hijack...

Thunder
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Poor Thunder! Have you told your story on here before? Are you disfigured in some way? If I'm being intrusive just tell me so, but I'm thinking you might want to share your story... sorry to hijack...

Just visit the MWC Target store. lol Anytime before noon. If you can find me during the work week. lol If you are brave enough to approach me, tell me to get the paper and pen (I'm sure you can do the writing motion). Get Luke! He can interpret. LOL!

:ou2

dismayed
09-20-2008, 04:18 PM
An "inside source"?

No...I'M THE SOURCE! I'm the new mascot.

It's going to be EPIC.

This is all just pre-positioning for a future run at public office here in Oklahoma, isn't it?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Aw crap.

Caught me.

My ads are going to be the basis of generations of Oklahoma lore and legend.

rocknout89
09-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Horrifying. There is nothing scarier than a gigantic clown, someone please shoot it.

ShiroiHikari
09-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I didn't even know there was a McDonald's in Bricktown. Which shows you how often I go down there. :P