View Full Version : Best Hotel in Bricktown?

OKC4me
09-15-2008, 02:26 AM
I live in Edmond, but was wanting to get a hotel room for a night downtown just for fun. I think the Skirvin would be fun, but not sure. What do you all think?

kevinpate
09-15-2008, 04:39 AM
At the moment, there is only one hotel in bricktown, but the Skirvin, and a few others downtown, are quite close and an easy stroll.

If it were me, and it was a special night, I'd go Skirvin or Colcord. If it was mainly to kick back and not worry about getting home at eve's end, I'd go with the best rate I could wrangle, as none of the places qualify as a dive.

Then again, should a dive experience be desired for some reason, there are several such establishments just a short cab ride away.

GWB
09-15-2008, 04:50 AM
I live in Edmond, but was wanting to get a hotel room for a night downtown just for fun. I think the Skirvin would be fun, but not sure. What do you all think?

I'd go with the Skirvin. They have a nice indoor pool.

jbrown84
09-15-2008, 03:21 PM
If this is a romance thing, the Colcord offers some nice packages and add-ons, like candles and rose petals in the room, for example. They also have free wireless internet and a free bricktown/downtown shuttle, neither of which the Skirvin offers.

CuatrodeMayo
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Speaking of the Colcord...what's up with their website?

metro
09-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes, as others said there is only one hotel in Bricktown currently. Colcord is nice more for romance and Skirvin is more luxurious. Can't go wrong with either though.

jbrown84
09-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Speaking of the Colcord...what's up with their website?

I heard their site is based out of Houston and the servers are down or something like that.

OKC4me
09-15-2008, 06:27 PM
What about the hotel right by the sonic headquarters?

metro
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm sure it's nice but is aweful suburban in nature. I imagine their price is fairly competitive with Colcord or Skirvin if you booked one on Priceline or Hotels.com. I've found them pretty close in the past and I'd MUCH rather stay at a nicer hotel versus something that you can find on Memorial Rd.

ouguy23
09-16-2008, 01:06 PM
The one in Bricktown is fine as well. I've had friends from out of town stay there and they said it was really nice and they can be critical.

jbrown84
09-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Well it's a very different experience from the Skirvin or Colcord, so it just depends on what they are looking for.

amaesquire
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I've stayed in both the Colcord and the Skirvin.

I prefer the Skirvin based on service, etc. However, the Colcord has some big beds and the rooms seem really large. Both are nice and both have restaurants (I prefer the Park Avenue in the Skirvin) and both have a lounge/bar (I prefer the XO in the Colcord).

You can't really go wrong with either.

OKC4me
09-18-2008, 03:16 PM
No, its not for romance or anything. Its just my wife and I. If we can't get a babysitter, my 10 yr old may be coming along too.

It would be a simple getaway for the night. Possibly go to the movie, and swim, and just relax from home.

OKC4me
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
I guess, instead of Bricktown, I shoul've just made it downtown!

jbrown84
09-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Honestly, considering what you're looking for, I'd recommend the Courtyard Downtown or the Residence Inn Bricktown. Both are close to the action with pools and fit your needs well whether your kids come or not.

OKC4me
09-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Cool!

I guess I'll check out some prices.