View Full Version : I'm New in town

PFahrendorf
09-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Hello everyone.
I am Patricia (Trish for short - Never Pat) and I am 51 years old. I found OKC talks in a search for Lynn Hickey Dodge. My husband and I were in a discussion about Lynn Hickey being the first to use the crane in the air for car sales.

Does anyone know when he started that and if any other dealership used the gimick?

Thanks and Hello
PFahrendorf

NE Oasis
09-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the forum. Don't know about the origin of the crane - I don't by my vehicles based on ads, I'm more of a researcher.

Dana
09-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Hello everyone.
I am Patricia (Trish for short - Never Pat) and I am 51 years old. I found OKC talks in a search for Lynn Hickey Dodge. My husband and I were in a discussion about Lynn Hickey being the first to use the crane in the air for car sales.

Does anyone know when he started that and if any other dealership used the gimick?

Thanks and Hello
PFahrendorf
The gimmick started back in the 80's and nobody that I know of has ever used it in this town.

TaoMaas
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi, Trish! I want to say that Lynn Hickey started the crane gimmick back in the late 70's-early 80's. If I remember right, it was one of those deals where he was saying, "I'm not coming down until we sell X number of trucks!"

Midtowner
09-15-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't see how that motivates anyone to buy. Has anyone bought a car because of a stupid gimmick like this?

TaoMaas
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Eh....it's just a way to grab the attention of folks. I've always thought that the worst thing that could happen to a commercial is to be so bland that nobody pays attention to it. So what is it now...30-35 years later and we still remember the gimmick? That's saying something. I don't know how many cars it sold, but it did get our attention.

robertsmith
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi to all, this is smith,I am new to this site but your site was excellent and Good information while watching your site.
--------------
smith
Used Cars (http://used.gov-auctions.org)