View Full Version : Boring question about TV broadcasts

Matt
09-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Anyone know the best way to see the most Thunder games at home?

Trying to decide if I should go with AT&T U-Verse or Cox Cable, after having DirecTV for years. I seem to remember Cox having a bunch of the Hornets games a couple years ago, and I'm wondering if they'll be airing the Thunder games as well. That would probably tip the scales in Cox's favor.

Thanks in advance.

OKCDrummer77
09-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I would have guessed Cox because they did the Hornets games, but a couple of guys on another forum are hinting that it's going to be Fox (probably FSN Southwest).

FWIW, I have Cox and am sick of the fact that AT&T can't make a single commercial without attacking cable.

jsibelius
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I would have guessed Cox because they did the Hornets games, but a couple of guys on another forum are hinting that it's going to be Fox (probably FSN Southwest).

FWIW, I have Cox and am sick of the fact that AT&T can't make a single commercial without attacking cable.

I think John Montford is some kind of guru for them now. Attack ads is how politicians operate.

BDP
09-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Here's a kind of non-article about the TV rights:

OKC Thunder Basketball: Clue to TV rights? | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-basketball-clue-to-tv-rights/article/3297984/?tm=1221481099)

I think that the Sonics had a contract with FSNW, so maybe they can work something out there. I am not sure how that plays into what service is the best, but it's something to consider.

One snippet I found interesting from above:

If FSN becomes the Thunder's television partner, there's a chance some, if not all, Dallas Mavericks games might not be shown in Oklahoma City.

That gives a little insight as to what Cuban's concerns were about market fragmentation. I'm not defending the guy's vote against the move, but I think his concerns were justified from the standpoint that he will lose a lot of Mavericks fans in Oklahoma. However, I don't think that's the actual reason he gave for voting against it...

CCOKC
09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
I am sure that is true. I was a huge Mavericks fan. I bought the NBA League Pass a few years ago just to watch the Mavs games that were not on FSNSW. When it came down to it half of those games were blacked out for some reason. When I tried to get to the bottom of it, I was basically told we were in the Mavericks local area. Funny thing, I could not get the Dallas local channel but I could not watch them on League Pass either. (Wonder if that means the Thunder will be in the Dallas local area too? jk) It does lead me to wonder if towns like Amarillo and Wichita will have the same problem I had?

bretthexum
09-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I hope they broadcast in HD. I think all of FSN is in HD now aren't they?