View Full Version : huge restaurant rumored to open in the farmers market.

edcrunk
09-09-2008, 05:35 AM
that's all my old school brosef would tell me before his inebriated arse clammed up about it. oh, also... he did say it was happening due to the thunder coming.

was my "gumball 3000 racing" edgy amigo simply blowing carbon monoxide up my exhaust pipe... or has anyone else heard anything (since he is acutely aware of my evergrowing reknown for my overwhelmingly extreme guillibility)???

o0 edwardicuss crunktronic 0o

metro
09-09-2008, 08:32 AM
which Farmer's Market, the old one off Agnew? The new one in Couch Park on Wednesdays in the summer? There are many Farmer's Markets but I'm assuming these two are the best possibilities.

jbrown84
09-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Well it would require a building, so that rules out Couch Park.

It's certainly an edgy area at this point, but has potential to be a major retail/entertainment zone as Core 2 Shore comes online.

tuck
09-09-2008, 01:14 PM
100% sure it isn't in couch park. I do know of a space that backs up to the park that is a possiblity. The word "HUGE" and restaurant usually scare me.

jbrown84
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
That quote came from someone who was "inebriated", according to Ed.

Huge could refer to impact, popularity, exclusivity, etc. Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to have 350 four-tops.

metro
09-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Well it would require a building, so that rules out Couch Park.

It's certainly an edgy area at this point, but has potential to be a major retail/entertainment zone as Core 2 Shore comes online.

Yes, but there are buildings that back up to couch park.

jbrown84
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
"IN the farmers market..."

edcrunk
09-09-2008, 07:01 PM
the farmer's market building that has all the antique shops and is right inbetween exchange ave and reno.
we were talking about the new crosstown and he started rambling about how the highway will be going right next to his business and the farmer's market as well. that's when he told me what he did and then he said he wasn't supposed to be talking about it and wouldn't say anything else.

so, needless to say, my interest was peaked.

The Old Downtown Guy
09-10-2008, 10:49 PM
The area you are talking about was known as the Public Farmers Market back in the day, but I think the new owner just calls it the Farmers Market. The website is worth a visit.

OK City Farmers Public Market ... Home (http://www.okcfarmersmarket.com)

I'll ask the owner if she has any info she wants to share and invite here to post it here.

Jacob_Daddy
09-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I used to know the owners of the Farmers Market, back when they tried to do events up on the second floor. They always wanted to open a resturaunt on the first floor, but that would have required some building code updates, etc. This would have been a pretty costly venture and required some capital that wasn't there at that point in time. Burt and Jody have spent alot of money putting in an elevator and air conditioning the second floor. Unfortunately the acoustics are horrible up there and you can't get a decent band to overcome that. There are too many hard objects up there for the sound to bounce off of. I hope that they do open a good resturaunt, I always love good places to eat!

The Old Downtown Guy
09-12-2008, 04:04 PM
I got MOL a "no comment" response to the question when posed to Jody. Sorry I am such a looser and can't get any inside dope for you guys.

edcrunk
09-13-2008, 01:15 PM
I got MOL a "no comment" response to the question when posed to Jody. Sorry I am such a looser and can't get any inside dope for you guys.
wow... i guess something may be being planned. thanx for trying ODG!

also glad you're active again... you were quiet on here for a bit.