View Full Version : Give you a chuckle

RabidRed
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Unprecedented Child Custody Ruling

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a courtroom drama today when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Oklahoma State Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
:congrats:

sweetdaisy
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Granted, I may be the only one annoyed by this post, but I have three separate issues with it:

1) Why on earth is this in the Political Arena section of this board, when it has nothing to do with politics?
2) With as much discussion as there has recently been in numerous threads regarding child custody issues, violence against children, etc., it seems to be in very poor taste.
3) Perhaps if the Cowboys hadn't won their last two games it would make more sense.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive tonite...if so, my apologies, but I think the timing of the little "chuckle" really stinks (see issue #2 above).

RabidRed
09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Granted, I may be the only one annoyed by this post, but I have three separate issues with it:

1) Why on earth is this in the Political Arena section of this board, when it has nothing to do with politics?
2) With as much discussion as there has recently been in numerous threads regarding child custody issues, violence against children, etc., it seems to be in very poor taste.
3) Perhaps if the Cowboys hadn't won their last two games it would make more sense.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive tonite...if so, my apologies, but I think the timing of the little "chuckle" really stinks (see issue #2 above).

I thought we needed to laugh a bit. You are right though, it probably doesn't belong on a political board. And congrats on the two wins! They have been playing better.

Are you involved in child custody issues? Or just an interested person? I have never been involved myself except when I beat my own children. Just kidding. My kids have turned out well in spite of me.

Toadrax
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
That and in the state of Oklahoma it is illegal for children that young to even state a preference in custodial and visitation cases.

It is to protect them from people trying to influence/manipulate them.

Unless it is in juvenile case with DHS involved... but that is another story.

RabidRed
09-07-2008, 08:56 PM
That and in the state of Oklahoma it is illegal for children that young to even state a preference in custodial and visitation cases.

It is to protect them from people trying to influence/manipulate them.

Unless it is in juvenile case with DHS involved... but that is another story.

Thank you for pointing out why the joke was not possible.

Toadrax
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
hehe :)

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
i chuckled

sweetdaisy
09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Looking at this with a fresh eye this morning, I know I was overly sensitive last nite, so my apologies for my fussiness. I had been reading some of Dana's posts on here, along with random other posts about DHS and some of the child welfare issues and was just disturbed by the timing of the joke.

You are correct that we all need a good chuckle, and despite my issues with it, it is pretty funny.

jsibelius
09-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Sadly, at first, I didn't realize it was a joke. How do you spell "gullible?" Fortunately, on a second (closer) reading, I realized where I had gone wrong...

Prunepicker
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Unprecedented Child Custody Ruling

YOU BOZO! I read the entire post thinking it was truly a valid point of discussion
and ZAP I got nailed.

Curses!

blankety-blank-blank...

etc...

jsibelius
09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
YOU BOZO! I read the entire post thinking it was truly a valid point of discussion
and ZAP I got nailed.

Curses!

blankety-blank-blank...

etc...

I wish I had said it this well... :congrats:

Thunder
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Got me too. I thought it was real until the OSU Cowboys was mentioned.