View Full Version : New Logo

MartzMimic
08-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Saw this on Oklahoma City Thunder Logo and colors leaked? | Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball News (http://thunderoklahomacity.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-logo-and-colors-leaked/)

Story is, someone in a distribution center snapped the photo. Of course who knows? I guess we'll find out if it's accurate on Wednesday.

kevinpate
08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Been kicking it about for a day or so now, see:
http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/13970-okc-team-name-announcement-4.html

along about #82 if memory serves

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
08-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah, it was put on a "highly viewed and discussed threads located on OKCTalk and accessible thru Search"...buried underneath every other Sonics story in one thread.

dalelakin
08-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Amen El Gato amen. Irritating to shuffle through 7 page threads to see something that is NEW and should have its own thread but that seems to be the M.O. here so live and let live I suppose... :fighting2

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
08-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Amen El Gato amen. Irritating to shuffle through 7 page threads to see something that is NEW and should have its own thread but that seems to be the M.O. here so live and let live I suppose... :fighting2

I just find it irritating mostly because I'm a glorified lurker here. I only look in a couple of forums to see if there is anything of interest to me to read. Big, long threads doesn't make any sense to me if it is a subject that one, can be broken down to smaller threads and second, if said thread has a forum for it to separate it from other forums. I don't see a point to rifle through the big OKC Metro forum to read a sports thread.

Luke
09-01-2008, 05:26 AM
I'm all for more threads. The more the merrier! Those longer threads do get a little out of hand for the perusers.

metro
09-02-2008, 10:37 AM
simple search usually finds what you're looking for in under 5 seconds.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
simple search usually finds what you're looking for in under 5 seconds.

The thing is that I may not know what I'm looking for. Sure, if I wanted to be specific on something, that would be good, but for the most part I really don't want to do that. Like I mentioned above, I'm more or less a glorified lurker. I just like to go through thread titles to see if anything catches my interest, which a lot of threads here do not. If there is one, then that's when I look into it further.

I can't possibly be the only one here that does that. If I am, then I guess I'll shut my yap and read quietly.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
670 posts and your a lurker????

jstanthrnme
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
some quick math:
365 x 4 = 1460,
1460 - 60 = 1400 (because its Nov 2004)
1400 / 670 = 2. 09
which means,
EGPL averages about 1 post every two days, whereas:
151 / 64 (days) = 2.36 (assuming you joined the last day of June)
which means,
LW4P2008 averages about 2 posts every day.

OKCMallen
09-03-2008, 07:29 AM
The thing is that I may not know what I'm looking for. Sure, if I wanted to be specific on something, that would be good, but for the most part I really don't want to do that. Like I mentioned above, I'm more or less a glorified lurker. I just like to go through thread titles to see if anything catches my interest, which a lot of threads here do not. If there is one, then that's when I look into it further.

I can't possibly be the only one here that does that. If I am, then I guess I'll shut my yap and read quietly.

You're not, and that's what mods are for- to merge/delete threads.

Karried
09-03-2008, 07:39 AM
It's difficult because people will complain that we have too many threads discussing similar topics and then people are upset that they have to read too many posts in long threads.

Either we're adding to existing topics with similar content or we're cluttering the board.

We're trying to keep things organized.. the excitement of the Sonics and all the new developments have made it challenging.. I've lost track of the OKC NBA Names threads!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
09-03-2008, 08:47 AM
It's difficult because people will complain that we have too many threads discussing similar topics and then people are upset that they have to read too many posts in long threads.

I understand that it's difficult for the moderators to always be on top of everything. I think that all posters have (or should have) at least a little responsibility to make things easier for everyone else.

Either we're adding to existing topics with similar content or we're cluttering the board.

I personally think that either way, there's going to be clutter.

We're trying to keep things organized.. the excitement of the Sonics and all the new developments have made it challenging.. I've lost track of the OKC NBA Names threads!

As I said earlier, I personally don't expect moderators to do everything as far as organizing. I understand that this is huge news for Oklahoma City and that it can be a challenge. What I don't understand is why all the basketball news is not in the basketball forum.

Maybe I'm just overreacting to all this. Maybe I just need to find a different board to find something more up my alley, because truthfully, I just get the feeling that maybe either I've outgrown this forum or this forum has outgrown me.

Luke
09-03-2008, 08:52 AM
The forum categories are irrelevant for those of us who click "New Posts" because they are just all jumbled up together which I don't mind one bit. So, even if you post a thread in it's "proper" category it will still get jumbled up with the rest of them...which, again, I don't mind at all.

Karried
09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Maybe I just need to find a different board

oh stop that now, you're practically one of the founding fathers here... this forum wouldn't be the same without our crazy loco cat chicken on board ... don't worry about it, we'll try to get more organized around here ... :Smiley077

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
oh stop that now, you're practically one of the founding fathers here... this forum wouldn't be the same without our crazy loco cat chicken on board ... don't worry about it, we'll try to get more organized around here ... :Smiley077

Great, now I feel old.... http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif

I just think I've overreacted here and let some things get to me. I hope I haven't been too petulant.

By the way, thanks for moving the ginormous thread...I hope you didn't strain yourself lifting it http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif.

Karried
09-03-2008, 10:33 AM
I just think I've overreacted here and let some things get to me.

Nah, it's the rain, I'm already dreading gray days.

(Maybe that's why some in Seattle are so grumpy sometimes.)

I'm counting down the hours until we see the color scheme and hear the name ... Finally!