View Full Version : 15th and I-35

Edmondnewbie
08-31-2008, 07:45 AM
I am very new here so forgive me if this has already been asked and also answered.

What is going up in the HUGE clearing near the super Walmart at 15th and I-35?
I noticed there arn't a lot of big box stores along I-35 here. I-35 in Austin was a mess! I was kind of enjoying the "clean look".

Still loving Edmond tho-

bluedogok
08-31-2008, 07:50 PM
There is only one interstate in Austin, I-35, and it is a mess, especially all that stuff just north of downtown in all that burnt orange color. I try to avoid I-35 here at all times. Asutin has grown west of I-35, the "east side" of Austin has been traditionally the "minority area of town" and had been neglected for a long, long time. Just in recent years has development east of I-35 been happening, not near like the west side of Austin but much more than my wife has ever seen in her 15 years of living here (I moved from OKC to Austin 5 years ago). There is development sprouting up further east along the 130 toll road which is almost completed in an I-35 bypass loop through Austin from Georgetown to just north of Kyle.

I-35 north of downtown OKC has never been a prized "development zone", most of OKC has grown west of downtown and that includes the area west of Edmond which is in the Edmond school district but still part of OKC. Edmond's downtown is on the west side of the Edmond city limits and has typically grown west because of this OKC/Edmond growth even though the "geographic center" of Edmond is very close to I-35 & Edmond Road. Give I-35 time, it will be developed as that is where the City of Edmond is pushing for growth, since it is within their boundaries and the areas west of the jagged OKC/Edmond city limits line between Santa Fe and Western are beyond their control.

jsibelius
08-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Integris is putting in a facility on the Henderson Hills side of I-35, but if it's on the Wal-Mart side of the road, I have no idea what it could be.

Geoffry Allan
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Is it a new Home Depot?

mtpinto
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Is it a Dave and Busters?

redwingsfan
09-03-2008, 05:57 AM
I could be wrong, but I bet a call to the City of Edmond (Mayor's Office? Zoning Dept.?) would get you that answer.