View Full Version : Bricktown book

Steve
08-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Well, here it goes ... the cover to my next book.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iM4wYW-5nc0/SJuyllmygaI/AAAAAAAAAAc/NtcyHncGM4c/s400/book+cover.JPG

Doug Loudenback
08-31-2008, 12:39 AM
I can say, first hand, that all of you and any others who enjoy Oklahoma City history are just going to love this new book of Steve's. It was my good fortune that one of Steve's fortes is not working with graphic software, at least, not in the way that was needed by the publisher, Arcadia. I'd gone through that learning curve with the Springlake book. So, when I told Steve that I would be glad to help in any way that he wanted, I was allowed to get my "foot in the door," so to speak, and it was my pleasure and privilege to assist him in meeting Arcadia's graphic requirements.

So, having seen most of the photos in his book, I can attest that there are more previously unpublished images in this book than you can imagine and many, many of them are quite stunning and they cover the gamet of both the old "warehouse district" and the new "Bricktown." I'll leave it to him to say more about content than this, but you are going to like this book, and you are going to like it a lot.

Steve
08-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Doug is understating his role - really, I am forever indebted to him - he was a huge, huge help. Anyway, this book, complications, drama and anxieties aside, is great fun. I've covered Bricktown for over a dozen years, gotten to know a lot of the players and history, and I was stunned at just how much of this area's history I didn't know. It's quite a story.

Doug Loudenback
08-31-2008, 10:06 AM
I am forever indebted to [Doug] him.
Now THAT'S what I'M talkin' about! :irule: :Smiley112 :iagree:

Just kidding, guys.

Dana
08-31-2008, 10:33 AM
If you are interested in a copy of the first map of Oklahoma City I donated a copy of my original and they are now selling copies of it at the new History Center.

Steve
08-31-2008, 12:59 PM
First map... is it different from what's been typically promoted as the first map?

jbrown84
08-31-2008, 06:20 PM
I love those Arcadia Pub. books! Congrats Steve. Can't wait to check it out.

metro
09-02-2008, 08:22 AM
When will your new book be released?

Steve
09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Sometime in January is what I'm hearing.

metro
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Okay, I'll make sure not to buy one then. :)

Urbanized
09-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I've been fortunate enough to get a preview of all of the images in Steve's book too. As a longtime downtown nut, a collector of historic images and postcards of downtown OKC, plus in recent times even a purveyor of historic downtown photos, I can attest to the fact that most of these images have never seen the light of day in places where most of us would have seen them. The book is going to be pretty amazing. I can't wait.