View Full Version : Welcome back everyone!

Patrick
12-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Well, I know everyone is probably back from a long Christmas holiday...I know this is the first time I've been online since the day before Christmas Eve! So, let us know what you did for the Christmas holiday!

I'll start....I went to church Christmas Eve.....spent Christmas morning with my fiancee's family opening gifts...then went to my parent's house for dinner!
Spent the day after Christmas at church, then hitting the stores buying up sale items!

Your turn!

okcpulse
12-27-2004, 11:49 PM
My wife and I took my mom and her new husband to downtown OKC to look at the Christmas light displays on Christmas Eve. She now lives in western Kansas, and was both impressed and intimidated by Oklahoma City's growth and progress.

On Christmas Day, we went to Tulsa and opened gifts at my wife's grandmother's Christmas gathering. I slept most of the day. We headed back to Oklahoma City that same evening to have a third Christmas with more family in northern Edmond. Exhausting but exciting.

floater
12-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Finally flew in after 30 hours of delays and cancellations on the 24th, did all my Christmas shopping until 7PM Christmas eve. Went to Christmas vigil mass at 9PM with my parents. On Christmas Day, went to Lower Bricktown to watch Meet the Fockers with some friends. Beforehand I skimmed through the Devon World of Trees. It was nice to see the LB lots full with theater goers, and coming out to see the lights after the movie.

On another note, at a small dinner hosted by a friend last night, the guest said he proposed to his girlfriend in Bricktown along the canal the day before. I thought that was fantastic. Those are the kind of memories Bricktown can inspire.

Midtowner
12-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Xmas eve, caught Meet the Fockers @ the Harkins theater. Then went and had dinner with my parents. Stayed there for the night. Got a new leather lazyboy recliner.

Went to aunt's house in Norman for Christmas, came home around 3-4PM and cleaned my apartment. Not just your average cleaning, I'm talking about scrubbing all the brick/tile on my hands and knees, vacuuming, taking down all the Christmas stuff, everything. The place is spotless. Not an exciting day, but productive!

Keith
12-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Christmas Eve, I worked from 7 am-4 pm., answering phones at work, and dispatching water representatives out to turn off residents' water due to breaks in their houseline and frozen houselines. Went to my parents house in north Edmond (Waterloo Rd. & N. Broadway).....before I got there, my transmission went out on my pickup (Merry Christmas, huh?) Had to catch a ride home with my son.

Christmas morning, my family (wife and two kids+ our dog Scout) read the Christmas story out of the book of Luke, prayed, and then opened Christmas presents....then other family came over to open presents....left at 11:30 AM., and went to SE OKC to eat lunch with more family. Left there at 2 PM. and headed back to my parents house in north Edmond. As we were getting ready to eat dinner, my cell phone rings...it's my boss. Things are busy at work, so I was called in. Left Edmond, went to work and worked from 6:00 PM until around 10 PM.

I think I saw my co-workers more than I saw my family during the Christmas holiday.