View Full Version : C2S on cover of new white pages

metro
08-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I just got the new white pages today at work. A great C2S (Core to Shore) rendering is on the front of it. This will be a great way to help spread the word about C2S as many citizens still do not know about it. Smart move by the Chamber or whomever paid for the ad. It will help get it passed through Maps 3.

BG918
08-27-2008, 02:10 PM
I'll be curious to see which C2S projects make it to MAPS III. I would think the convention center, convention hotel (public/private partnership), and park would be components in addition to a starter light rail line and transit center at Santa Fe Depot for future commuter rail. MAPS III, IMO, should "lay the foundation" for C2S which is what the convention center/hotel and especially the park are supposed to do. The light rail connection to the blvd. will tie the area to the rest of downtown and OUHSC and spur retail development in the area north of the park and south of Myriad Gardens on the blvd. Moving the convention center is a big deal because we are currently undersized with no room to expand and the Cox site could be redeveloped into transit-oriented office, residential, etc. right next to Myriad Gardens and Bricktown and adjacent to Santa Fe Depot.