View Full Version : For you gullible types...

AFCM
08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
snopes.com: Thrown Brick Gang Activity (http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/brick.asp)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-25-2008, 09:38 AM
You know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary right?

FritterGirl
08-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Dang. I seriously feel for this one because it came from someone who supposedly knows this "Misty" person!

Karried
08-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, it did happen but it wasn't gang related.. just some idiotic ignorant kids throwing bricks off of an overpass.

redland
08-25-2008, 11:09 AM
You know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary right?

Dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) lists "gullible," with an alternate spelling of "gullable."Anyway, it sounds as those this woman has let her imagination run rampant, turning an admittedly detestable teen prank into something really sinister. Admittedly, I wasn't there.

Martin
08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary right?

dictionary.com lists "gullible," with an alternate spelling of "gullable."

HA! very nice. he shoots... he scores.

-M

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-25-2008, 11:37 AM
HA! very nice. he shoots... he scores.

-M

*takes a bow*

traxx
08-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Snopes says it really happened (not that they're the be all end all of authority), apparently it did, so don't really see what's gullible about this.

SoonerDave
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
The point is that this was blown out of proportion into some supposed gang activity when, in reality, the gang comment was made (apparently) very much in passing by an investigating officer. But guess what - we can hold ourselves out as the city that created its very own urban legend about gang initiations.....I swear, I think I could hold up some people by mail. I've wondered how hard it would be to conjure up your own urban legend, and now I (and the rest of us) all know...

jsibelius
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Yep. Just write up an e-mail, insert the terms gang-related, OH MY GOD (all caps helps), throw in a few exclamation points for good measure (!!!!!), and make sure you advise your 50 closest friends to "TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!!!!"

I really feel for the woman. I'm sure she was really shaken up by all that. But geez, it doesn't take much to make an urban legend, does it?