View Full Version : Riding a bike from Del City to Baptist Hospital...

Luke
08-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I wish I could ride bike trails the whole way, because I don't like driving in the streets on a bicycle. According to the OKC Trails site:

City of Oklahoma City | OKC Trails (http://www.okc.gov/trails/)

It looks like trails can be ridden West from Del City on the Grand Avenue Trail and then it looks like I'd have to get on May and head North. From that map, it looks like the West I-44 Trail is the one I need and it would get me there...but it's not complete (or even started) yet.

The other option is to head North on the Grand Avenue Trail where it looks like it meets up with the Katy Trail. I could get on that and head West which it appears takes me to Bricktown. From there, I'd just take city streets (probably Classen) to 36th and then head West to May.

The reason for this thread: based on the above information and the fact that there are no bike trails getting to where I need to go... are there bike lanes that would get me from either downtown to Baptist Hospital? Or Grand & May to Baptist? Or any other suggestions??

Bike lanes seem to be the next best thing and because I don't drive through neighborhoods in those areas, maybe you all can help.

Thanks for any advice or pointers.

:)
Luke

edcrunk
08-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for any advice or pointers.

invest in a scooter!

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Most people going to the hospital arent just frollicking around the city on a bicycle

Proabably was never a consideration

Midtowner
08-25-2008, 07:31 AM
If you load your bike up on a bus, does that count?

Luke
08-25-2008, 07:37 AM
I checked into the bus...

It would take longer than a bike ride.

edcrunk
08-25-2008, 02:38 PM
bro... i can't fathom riding that distance. my hat's off to ya.

however, finding a girlfriend that will drive your arse around is what my carless friends tend to do.

edcrunk
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Most people going to the hospital arent just frollicking around the city on a bicycle

Proabably was never a consideration

hhmmm.... was that comment aimed at me?

if so. i never thought he was a frolicker, just figured he was trying to get to work. if that is the case, scooters are inexpensive and and a hella sexy way to zip around town. plus, they get great gas mileage.

please don't tell me you thought i was talking about one of those toys kids frolick on.

OKCTalker
08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
bro... i can't fathom riding that distance. my hat's off to ya.

however, finding a girlfriend that will drive your arse around is what my carless friends tend to do.

I know one guy who commutes by bike every day from Edmond to SOKC, and another who drives his SUV five blocks each way. To each his own.