View Full Version : Seattle gets a new pro basketball team

HOT ROD
08-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Guys, don't feel too sad for Seattle, we just got a new team: please join me in welcoming Seattle to the 3BA!

Sports | 3-on-3 concept to take a run at KeyArena | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2008131057_3ba22.html)

here is an excerpt:

By Jayda Evans

Seattle Times staff reporter

ROBERT SORBO / AP

The Sonics are gone and the Storm's playoff chances may be hindered because of an injury to star Lauren Jackson, but basketball continues to find a pulse in Seattle.

The latest game to hit Seattle will be 3BA International, a proposed three-on-three basketball league whose rules emphasize speed and stamina. Sonics legend Shawn Kemp will play in the Seattle vs. Portland exhibition game set for 7:30 tonight at KeyArena.

Former Sonic Shawn Kemp is expected to join the Seattle three-on-three team for tonight's exhibition.

Any thoughts?

ddavidson8
08-22-2008, 09:03 PM
ha ha ha lol lmfao...wait...lol lmao...no seriously..lol

cedbled
08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I actually read this post 15 minutes ago, but I just regained consciousness!!!

I literally fell off my chair, rofled, and passed out from lack of air.
hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Just pray we don't buy them also; I don't want that crap in my city lol

Thunder
08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
3 men vs 3 men team? ROFL Seriously? Quick, someone send me to the Seattle forum! *faints*

Toadrax
08-23-2008, 01:33 PM
3 on 3 female play would be better, in a court 1/20th the size, with water sprinklers..

oneforone
08-23-2008, 01:44 PM
3 on 3 female play would be better, in a court 1/20th the size, with water sprinklers..

Don't forget to add string bikinis as the uniforms. Hell why not throw a mud pit in thier for fun.

Toadrax
08-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Ha! I think this would be successful.

(Except in Seattle)

Thunder
08-23-2008, 06:25 PM
We can have a female 3BA in OKC and name the team, Hooters. Good idea?

venture
08-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Besides the pathetic horomone driven responses from whatever we wanna call them now...

We need to keep our mouths shut and stop throwing stones. For ---- sake. We are mostly grown ups here, how about you guys act like it? It feels we are back in high school with immaturity overflowing. 3v3 BBall may seem like a joke, but if it is entertaining who cares? I'm sure many said the same about Arena Football at first.

Let us not forget, no matter how baseless the pending lawsuit is...it isn't totally done yet. There is still that 1% shot that the team gets ordered back to Schultz and whatever happens from that. How much laughing will you do then?

Shut your freaking mouths, grow up, and act like you want OKC to be represented as a proper major league city. If you want OKC to continue the image of a podunk group of cow tippers...go ahead. Do us a favor though, find somewhere else to spew your garbage.

ddavidson8
08-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Besides the pathetic horomone driven responses from whatever we wanna call them now...

We need to keep our mouths shut and stop throwing stones. For ---- sake. We are mostly grown ups here, how about you guys act like it? It feels we are back in high school with immaturity overflowing. 3v3 BBall may seem like a joke, but if it is entertaining who cares? I'm sure many said the same about Arena Football at first.

Let us not forget, no matter how baseless the pending lawsuit is...it isn't totally done yet. There is still that 1% shot that the team gets ordered back to Schultz and whatever happens from that. How much laughing will you do then?

Shut your freaking mouths, grow up, and act like you want OKC to be represented as a proper major league city. If you want OKC to continue the image of a podunk group of cow tippers...go ahead. Do us a favor though, find somewhere else to spew your garbage.

Arena Football...wait...lol...lmfao...hold on...no seriously...ha ha...can't breath

Toadrax
08-23-2008, 09:16 PM
ITT: Internet Mature Guys(tm)

OKCMallen
08-24-2008, 11:08 AM

I agree; our team hasn't even played game 1 in OKC, and you guys are acting like a bunch of snobs.

Kerry
08-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Sometimes the best revenge is to live well. To Seattle, I say good luck with your 3 or 3 team. Just remember, it wasn't so long ago that OKC was a third rate city despirate for any form of sports, even the off the wall ones.

Toadrax
08-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree; our team hasn't even played game 1 in OKC, and you guys are acting like a bunch of snobs.

Let me guess, and you are better than the snobs?

Laramie
08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I can't help but laugh!
How well I remember the Seattle posters on the Times forum bashing us saying that OKC should get an NBADL team, sorry for this Kodax momemt; however, I didn't mention this to rub salt in their wounds, just laughing because the tables have know turned...

"Oh, How Sweet It Is..." --Jackie Gleason

ddavidson8
08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Let me guess, and you are better than the snobs?

Good one!

HOT ROD
08-24-2008, 04:17 PM

Venture, I would agree with you and mostly do - however, I think people have a right to strike back at Seattle.

OKC people have had to put up with their immature name calling and 'facts' about OKC for the past couple of years. OKC people have had to put up with the NBA would never move to the dust bowl, Seattle is far superior to OKC, the NBA would fail in OKC, OKC is backwater, trailers, hicks, rednecks, this and that; all of this coming from supposedly 'mature' Seattleites who supposedly cared about the Sonics all of sudden. Especially when WE have all of that here too.

I live in Seattle, and I have been quite embarrassed by all of that - and in fact, I was rooting for OKC all along. Not because it's my hometown, but I felt Seattle has been getting away with stuff for far too long. There is a BIG case of entitlement and elitism in this metro area - things have come way too easy, often at the expense of other cities.

I wanted OKC, of all places, to get the Sonics - as a big slap in the face; a wake-up call to these people who think Seattle is world class. Don't get me wrong, I love it here for the most part - but I hate people's attitudes, like they're better than everyone else just because they live here. And people here would often think we're the top city, better than NY, Chi, and SF - when we can't hold a candle to them. And when it comes to major sports, we can't even touch Denver, a metro that has 1M less people yet they have a team in EVERY sport.

Again, I wanted to see some humbleness - that you need to appreciate what we have and work hard to keep it. There was no reason for all of that bs on the Seattle forums, yet people would "justify" spreading lies and inuendo about OKC and Oklahomans as - well, it's a Seattle forum. Well, I say - this is an OKC forum

And I started cracking up laughing also when I saw that HEADLINE about the new team in Seattle - on the Seattle PI website. To go from, holier than thou untouchable world class, to can't support or keep major league despite all of the so-called wealth here; it was something that needed to be shared to OKC residents who've had to but up with it and have mostly been very classy and informative.

I could understand people up here who really don't know much about OKC, to say it's small. But in reality, OKC and Seattle are pretty close in central city pop, sure Seattle-Tacoma is larger; so what, who cares? SFO is larger than Seattle-Tacoma. And SF is a world class city..

Seattle has a world class LOOKING skyline, I think that rubbs off on people here thinking that the city must also be. NOT. We're just another Tier II city,

that got wooped by an emerging one, because OKC has leaders that believe in OKC and residents who have REAL pride in their city! There's some reason you guys live there - despite no mountains or ocean or port setting;

Seattle people swore up and down that the NBA would never come here, from a world class city and the players and staff would never move and that OKC would never be anything. Well, look who has the last laugh now. ....

I think OKC deserves 15 minutes to gloat about their city and be happy a bit. :dizzy:

I agree we should be mature for the most part, but I think we can have ONE thread to express OKC's frustration about the past 2 years and joy of the outcome!

HOT ROD
08-24-2008, 04:19 PM
very well said Laramie and Kerry!

That was my whole point in posting this. Im positive none of those Seattle snobs would have posted. Im sure they're quite shamed or still in denial.

kevinpate
08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
3 on 3 needs love too, and if there was an empty hall, then there was an empty hall. We still host tractor pulls, monster trucks, pro wrasslin' and cow chip tossing contests. We may snicker about 3 on 3, but we need to snicker on ourselves as well, city folk and bumpkins alike :)

edcrunk
08-25-2008, 04:14 AM

those were pretty awesome! hahahah

hmmmm.... from what i've noticed, most major league cities are condescending, arrogant snobs. so maybe you should be admonishing us not to be major league... eh?

portland31
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I am a portland fan.
HA HA Seattle Sonics.
3BA what a joke.
I sort of wish that the sonics were back because of the rivalry but still, lol seattle.