View Full Version : New at the Zoo!!

Patrick
07-29-2004, 12:11 AM
I just learned that the new train that will be built this fall at the Zoo will be called the Centennial Choo-Choo, since it's being built as one of the state's centennial projects. Also, new to the zoo in late August will be swan shaped paddle boats on Northeast Lake!

mranderson
07-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Will this train rival the trains at Disneyland and Disneyworld? If so, they will really be nice.

Add either motors or engines (there is a difference) to the Swans and you may have me. Paddle boats take a lot of energy. :D

floater
08-02-2004, 10:20 PM
It's great they're finally allowing visitors to enjoy the lake...by the way, what does the front entrance look like?

Patrick
08-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey floater.....The front entrance is really hard to describe. You'll just have to drive by and see it next time you're in town. In a nut shell though, it's pretty massive and draws you into a center court area, surrounded by the gift shop, restrooms, offices, etc. The center court features gardens and benches and is tiled with a world globe image. I'm not realy giving it the justice it deserves! You'll have to check it out next time you're in town!

I was also glad to hear that they're finally putting the lake to some good use. It's such an asset to the zoo!

In regards to the train, I don't think it will be full sized like at Disney Land. I think it will be more similar to the one at Frontier City.