View Full Version : Why do idiots speed through school zones?

metro
08-21-2008, 03:19 PM
One thing that really ticks me off are all the moronic drivers on NW Classen that speed through school zones when they are clearly marked including bright flashing yellow lights that go over the roadway. Between NW Expressway and NW 10th there are at least 3 school zones on Classen. While driving to work from early morning meetings, I always notice morons driving about 40-50mph in a 25mph school zone. Don't they notice everyone slamming their brakes for a reason, or the crossing guards standing with children? Or the other drivers (me included) honking at them for blazing through twice the speed limit? It urks me people are so inconsiderate. On top of that, I noticed two drivers in specific today going about 50mph, weaving through the school zone traffic, only to slam on their brakes and turn around at the nearest U-turn place. :fighting3

jsibelius
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
You answered your own question..."idiots."

I do have a confession - I sped through a school zone once. Honestly, it's the only school zone in town without flashing lights, so naturally I didn't even notice it was there. You bet I'll never speed through again though.

But I do wish they'd make the effort to go ahead and put up the flashing lights at that zone. It won't make any difference to the idiots, obviously, but it does make a difference to the rest of us.

Karried
08-21-2008, 04:06 PM
That is so horrible... one day, someone will slam into an innocent child trying to cross the street.

I always want to ask "what could be so very important that you have to risk the lives of children to get to - is it your job? Try setting the alarm a few minutes earlier, that little trick could save you and others a lifetime of grief."

People just never think it could happen to them.

jsibelius
08-21-2008, 07:05 PM
The same idiots who run through the lights on a school bus. It was a lot of fun calling in license plates. It's great satisfaction to see someone getting pulled over for that.

bretthexum
08-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah - I ain't one to call in people for speeding, etc. EXCEPT when it's a school zone. That is just plain stupid and rude.

Toadrax
08-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Maybe they are in a hurry to get to Trouser Park.

jsibelius
08-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Maybe they are in a hurry to get to Trouser Park.
LOL!

To clarify, I don't call in license plates from my car, but I did when I drove a bus.

Thunder
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Maybe they are speeding to pick up lil Wayne at a Burger King?

jsibelius
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Are y'all planning to carry this joke onto all the threads?

Toadrax
08-22-2008, 04:34 AM
This joke is only beginning to come out.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-22-2008, 04:46 AM
One thing that really ticks me off are all the moronic drivers on NW Classen that speed through school zones when they are clearly marked including bright flashing yellow lights that go over the roadway. Between NW Expressway and NW 10th there are at least 3 school zones on Classen. While driving to work from early morning meetings, I always notice morons driving about 40-50mph in a 25mph school zone. Don't they notice everyone slamming their brakes for a reason, or the crossing guards standing with children? Or the other drivers (me included) honking at them for blazing through twice the speed limit? It urks me people are so inconsiderate. On top of that, I noticed two drivers in specific today going about 50mph, weaving through the school zone traffic, only to slam on their brakes and turn around at the nearest U-turn place. :fighting3

My cell phone conversations have a massive priority over somebody else's precious little snowflake. Idiot indeed.:sofa:

Thunder
08-22-2008, 05:09 AM
My cell phone conversations have a massive priority over somebody else's precious little snowflake. Idiot indeed.:sofa:

OMG! You would run over a lil bunny?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-22-2008, 05:29 AM
In a heartbeat.

My lucky rabbit's foot didn't just materialize out of thin air you know.

PennyQuilts
08-22-2008, 06:24 AM
In a heartbeat.

My lucky rabbit's foot didn't just materialize out of thin air you know.

LOL!

Thunder
08-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Those poor, poor bunnies. :(

jsibelius
08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I'll rescue the bunnies for you. I'm calling in plates. Animal Control is on the job!

Thunder
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Sadly, I think this person is responsible for a dead squirrel that I recently saw on the road.

jsibelius
08-22-2008, 07:15 PM
That does explain the SMELL.

BradR
08-23-2008, 07:55 AM
They just finished a new school zone in purcell next to the new high school. The first day of school there were 4 or 5 police cars sitting in wait and I'm sure they had a heyday!

jsibelius
08-23-2008, 03:32 PM
They just finished a new school zone in purcell next to the new high school. The first day of school there were 4 or 5 police cars sitting in wait and I'm sure they had a heyday!

Good! I hope they financed 4 or 5 new police cars with the tickets they wrote that day. Actually, I would rather they had not caught anyone speeding, but that's just living in Fantasyland.