View Full Version : OKC Vacation Plans

Midtowner
08-21-2008, 09:29 AM
In this thread, we plan vacations of varying lengths in Oklahoma City. Hopefully, we can create a thread which can be a resource for visitors and hosts alike.

OKCTalker
08-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Great idea. I'd suggest sub-categories for things to do based upon the length of vacation. For example, if one day/one night, go to ___, ___, and ___. Or based upon the age(s) of the vacationer(s).

Karried
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Good idea...

For a weekend getaway out of the area or a few days during the week (off season) I have to vote for Robber's Cave area.. it's just so beautiful there.

October - Fall Foliage Carnival:

Cruise (http://www.robberscavefallfestival.com/cruise.html)

I also like Turner Falls.

I'll let everyone else do an Itinerary for local hotspots.

Jesseda
08-21-2008, 01:16 PM
well for a fun family weekened, in south okc/moore. we have the yellow rose theater for a Friday evening. For saturday the orr family farm, followed by a late lunch or dinner at andy alligators or heyday fun park. top it off with a night movie at warrens theater, or laser tag and mini gold at the two parks andy/heyday

HOT ROD
08-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I was thinking, would it be possible to create a forum heading for, say Travel?

then have sub-forums of Local Tourism, National (or we could do each region), then International?

I think that would be better than a single thread. The forum could be the repository for anything tourism or travel - just like Bricktown or the Sports Forums are for their respective content.

Pete, what do you think? Travel Forum good idea?

Karried
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM
I think it's a great idea!

Patrick
08-22-2008, 05:44 PM
I took this to mean a vacation in OKC.

OKC 7 day vacation:

1. 2 days in Adventure District, 1 day at Science Museum Oklahoma and OKC Zoo, 1 day at Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.

2. 2 days in downtown at Art Museum, National Memorial and Mueseum, Myriad Gardens and Crystal Bridge, and Bricktown

3. 1 day touring State Capitol, Harn Homestead, Oklahoma Museum of History, and mansions in Heritage Hills.

4. Half a day touring art galleries in Paseo. Half a day shopping at local malls.

5. 1 day touring parks, Martin Nature Park, Lake Hefner, Will Rogers Park

Patrick
08-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Good idea...

For a weekend getaway out of the area or a few days during the week (off season) I have to vote for Robber's Cave area.. it's just so beautiful there.

October - Fall Foliage Carnival:

Cruise (http://www.robberscavefallfestival.com/cruise.html)

I also like Turner Falls.

I'll let everyone else do an Itinerary for local hotspots.

If you like Robbers Cave (one of my favorite places to visit in the state) you need to check out Beaver's Bend.

jstanthrnme
08-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Within the states borders, a sight to be seen is the foliage change on the Talimena Scenic Byway. Typically the first or second week of November.

Another favorite local getaway of mine is Roman Nose State Park. Although they are struggling to recover from the flooding rains of tropical storm Erin last year.