View Full Version : Trosper park....why are there so many vehicles parked/backed in ALL DAY??

Pages : [1] 2

LandryTeam
08-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Are the rumors about gay men and the "parking" true? I work in Del City and EVERYDAY I pass Trosper there are a handful of cars/trucks just sitting there with people in them and they are usually backed into a spot. I rarely see any kids out in the park either.

hipsterdoofus
08-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Yes...I've heard the same about Will Rogers park, although I don't know that it is as bad.

BailJumper
08-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes, and it is hardly rumor. More like an accepted fact. Why the city doesn't crack down I'll never know. They used to have some great jogging/hiking trails at Trosper, but it has long since been fenced off due to all the homos having gay sex in the woods. I play golf there some across the street and you often see deer on the edge of the wooded areas. It's a shame all those creepy guys are allowed to take over the park.

Luke
08-20-2008, 11:28 AM
It seems like a really nice park. Very forested. And trails? I didn't even know there were trails there! Too bad...

AFCM
08-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Tropser Park; where is it located?

Where's the Video Vigilante when you need him? (I know, completely different circumstances, but one of his "pet peeves" are vulgar acts committed in parks...or so he says)

LandryTeam
08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Trosper is at SE 29th and Eastern. Here is a google map of it:

Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=trosper+park+oklahoma+city&fb=1&cid=0,0,982942962989416712&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

OKCTalker
08-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Same thing goes for Stripes Park at Lake Hefner, and Will Rogers Park at 36th & Portland.

circuitboard
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
What I find really interesting, is if society as whole would accept gay people and let them know it is ok to be who they are, they would'nt need to be in the closet and participate in activities like this in the park, and then go home to there unsuspecting wife and kids. Oh well society will learn one day. History always repeats itself.

Architect2010
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
^^ So true. Its sad people cannot get over differences that we as humans all have. Different sexes, different skin tones, now its different sexualities. We'll always find something to discriminate about and its disgusting.

Midtowner
08-20-2008, 02:05 PM
What I find really interesting, is if society as whole would accept gay people and let them know it is ok to be who they are, they would'nt need to be in the closet and participate in activities like this in the park, and then go home to there unsuspecting wife and kids. Oh well society will learn one day. History always repeats itself.

Uh.. what you just said is just as discriminatory as anything I've ever read.

"They" do not participate in this behavior, a few, select deviant individuals do -- and no one engaging in sex acts in a public park is a victim of society.

Luke
08-20-2008, 02:07 PM
It's everybody else's fault for sure.

amaesquire
08-20-2008, 02:10 PM
They are there all day? That's a lot of gay sex.

Luke
08-20-2008, 02:22 PM
They are there all day? That's a lot of gay sex.

And its all your fault!

amaesquire
08-20-2008, 02:30 PM
And its all your fault!

I feel so guilty.

Oh, wait. No I don't.

OKCMallen
08-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I'd rather feel guilty than sticky in this thread...

Really though, if it's so awful and so common knowledge, don't you think the OCPD would act on it? We don't knowingly allow de facto gay sex parks...or any sex parks, for that matter.

amaesquire
08-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd rather feel guilty than sticky in this thread...

Well said.

Really though, if it's so awful and so common knowledge, don't you think the OCPD would act on it? We don't knowingly allow de facto gay sex parks...or any sex parks, for that matter.

A sex park? Sounds way better than the dog park.

Toadrax
08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Is there one of these parks, except with hot highschool girls instead?

Pete
08-20-2008, 05:05 PM
If true, maybe it should be renamed to "Trouser Park". :)

OKCMallen
08-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Har har Pete. ;)

jbrown84
08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Well there is Bumpass Park on the northside. Don't think the cruisers have found their way up there though.

NativeOkie
08-20-2008, 05:44 PM

so looks like if they were in the closet as you suggest, why are they in the park?
Does Trosper park have closets?
Seems like they are out of the closet.
Do this stuff at home, I don't have sex with my wife in the public park.

BailJumper
08-20-2008, 06:37 PM
if society as whole would accept gay people and let them know it is ok to be who they are, they would'nt need to be in the closet and participate in activities like this in the park

I know many gay people and they do not consider the deviants who loiter around public parks looking for anonymous sex in the men's room as part of the whole gay lifestyle they want the rest of society to accept.

I find it funny though you equate being gay with these sickos.

Where's the Video Vigilante when you need him?

Now that would make for some funny videos! Imagine though what a couple of those guys would eventually do to him though - ewwwwww. Probably something similar to what happened to the dude from Girls Gone Wild.

circuitboard
08-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I love how most of you are amazing at missing the point. I hope they do take a camera out there, the best part of it will be the church pastors, community leaders, doctors, and lawyers who are married with kids, and because they feel they need to be closeted about being gay, because society has said it's bad. The look on there co-workers face, and the church members. That will be classic. Please someone take a camera out there. It will make great TV.:congrats:

BailJumper
08-21-2008, 06:28 AM
CIRCUITBOARD the amazing thing is your ability to make excuses for these sickos. Wait a minute, by your logic then there has to be a park in the city where repressed closet lesbians act out - I'm so there!

Did it ever cross your mind there are just sick deviant people in all parts of society? I don't agree with being gay, smoking, self-inflicted obesity or country music but I certainly accept them - as does much of society.

Nothing keeps these repressed deviants from using the Internet or gay bars.

OKCMallen
08-21-2008, 07:43 AM
I love how most of you are amazing at missing the point. I hope they do take a camera out there, the best part of it will be the church pastors, community leaders, doctors, and lawyers who are married with kids, and because they feel they need to be closeted about being gay, because society has said it's bad. The look on there co-workers face, and the church members. That will be classic. Please someone take a camera out there. It will make great TV.:congrats:

Or, alternatively, they could not live a lie. You know...just be HONEST. Plenty of comfortable out-of-the-closet gay men and women in OKC.

jsibelius
08-21-2008, 10:01 AM

If they were truly in the closet, they wouldn't be in a public park where they could be easily caught. That's like tapping your foot in the bathroom and then being surprised when someone flashes a badge at you.

ultimatesooner
08-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Man, police say Trosper Park site of illicit behaviour (http://www.kfor.com/Global/story.asp?S=2298186)

Thunder
08-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I knew for years the gay people hang out there. I remember joking about it with friends back in school about field trips and stuff like that.

If they have sex at the park, out in the open, where there is a chance that other innocent visiters is exposed to all that, then it is wrong.

If the gay people choose the location as a place to meet, talk, then decide to follow one another to a home or motel, then I see no crime in that.

As for comments about why would gay people in the closet choose a public park, such as this one, there is a good reason, because it is labeled as a gay park, so most everyone not being gay stay away from it.

Edmond_Outsider
08-21-2008, 01:41 PM
There is a Golf Course at Trosper. Supposedly, people play golf at golf courses.

That aside, many people who frequent these kinds of public sex places, are, in a clinical sense "heterosexual." As hard as it might be to wrap your head around, clinicians view a person's self-indentification as the primary determinant in orientation.

So, before you use this for a way to blanket bash gay people, you have to understand it is about a 50-50 kind of gay/straight partnership.

Some people can compartementalize themselves to a degree that they seperate the act with the person performing in on them.

I know a guy who was a regular hetero joe six-pack working class guy who used to talk about frequenting a gay bar where he could be serviced in the back room.

To him, it was "just a bj" and had no other significance to him. He wasn't a closeted kind of guy or capable of forming any kind of romantic relationships with anyone other than a woman.

But, for quick, easy, no strings attached quickies, he was totally at ease finding it where he did.

This aspect of the "tearoom trade" has been pretty well studied and documented.

THis doesn't excuse it in any way, it just illuminates this as a not exclusivly gay activity.

Lurker34
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Thought I was the only Oklahoman that didn't like country music. Wow, there's 2 of us now!

Luke
08-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Thought I was the only Oklahoman that didn't like country music. Wow, there's 2 of us now!

Count me in!

OKCDrummer77
08-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Count me in!

Make that 4!

Thunder
08-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry... No 5th from me. Country all the way. Shania rocks!

I need to pull up to Luke's house, roll down the windows, and crank up the country radio. *evil laughs*

Luke
08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry... No 5th from me. Country all the way. Shania rocks!

I need to pull up to Luke's house, roll down the windows, and crank up the country radio. *evil laughs*

It would be a welcome change from the window rattling ghetto rap that normally drives by.

Nabber
08-22-2008, 10:47 PM
wow Trosper park has been that way for 12 years or more.
back when there was to archery groups out there during the day,you didn't see many park gays. Every once and a awhile the elite archers would run them off with air horns when there was going to be a big contest, or when they where going to let us kids run off on our own shooting trail. I was 12-15 then.

Yours in wandering
Nabber

kevinpate
08-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Seems to me sex in the trees and bushes, for any gender combination, anywhere near flying arrows should automatically fall in the terrible horrible no good very bad idea category. The elite don't miss, but there's always that one bubba show off or low impulse control easily manipulated lad whose friends egg him on.

PennyQuilts
08-24-2008, 07:58 AM
The guys who go out to the park for anonymous sex with strangers, in public, like it. This is not an act of desperation. There are plenty of places and circumstances where they can hook up, in private if that is what they want to do. It is a lot like married men who seek out prostitutes. The fact is, they enjoy the experience for reasons specific to them. To try to lay this sort of behavior on society's attitudes towards gays is really reaching. That is like wagging fingers at wives whose husbands call up a hooker.

edcrunk
08-25-2008, 03:20 PM

i have tons of gay friends and i love them regardless of how they choose to live their life, but i can't rewrite or write off what my scriptures say about living that type of lifestyle.

edcrunk
08-25-2008, 03:24 PM
wow Trosper park has been that way for 12 years or more.

it had that reputation even back when i was 12-15 and i'm 36 now. so they've been playing butt darts for well over 20 years.

AFCM
04-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, this isn't Trosper Park, but it is very relevant.

http://newsok.com/16-arrested-at-lakeside-park-in-lewd-acts-sting-in-oklahoma-city/article/3364181

Oklahoma City police arrested 16 men this week during a four-day sting operation aimed at addressing public displays of homosexual activity at a Lake Hefner park.

Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said police decided to initiate the undercover investigation after receiving complaints about lewd activity taking place at Hobie Point on the south side of the lake.

“We are concerned for our citizens,” Wardlow said. “We want them to be able to go here and take their family, and not have to worry about this kind of activity. And we are pleased to be able to take these individuals off the streets.”

Those arrested included four unemployed men, a radio personality with the Radio Oklahoma Network and two Tinker AFB employees. The men, all from Oklahoma City, ranged in age from 20 to 61.

Arrested were:

Calvin Wright, 44

Juan Bravo, 30

Roger Clark, 44

Keith Hood, 40

William Spradling, 30

Johnnie Hopkins, 54

Kevin Le, 38

Eiven Endecott, 61

Martin Rodrirguez, 43

Christian Anderson, 37

Lam Hi, 46

Reza Aryan, 47

Dwight Colbert, 53

Darrel Sutton, 43

Dennis Gregson, 55

http://newsok.com/multimedia/photos/gallery/500878

Does anyone know who the radio personality is? I'm not very familiar with Radio Oklahoma Network.

PennyQuilts
04-24-2009, 04:29 PM
The guys in their twenties must have been able to outrun 'em. These guys are darn near codgers.

Thunder
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks like the police want in on some of the actions. :LolLolLol

jbrown84
04-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Does anyone know who the radio personality is? I'm not very familiar with Radio Oklahoma Network.

I heard, but I forget the name. He was fired of course.

Thunder
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
I was thinking, the animals have sex in public places, many times in our plain sight. Are they being rounded up, charged, and sentenced to death? No.

The parks is for anyone to use. I'm sure these people are being very discrete bout their social fun. The only way they are being found is when police is actually going to far looking in vehicles without a search warrant. If they are doing it in a restroom at night, then why complain? No one is there, especially not the children.

NativeOkie
04-25-2009, 12:35 AM
I was thinking, the animals have sex in public places, many times in our plain sight. Are they being rounded up, charged, and sentenced to death? No.

The parks is for anyone to use. I'm sure these people are being very discrete bout their social fun. The only way they are being found is when police is actually going to far looking in vehicles without a search warrant. If they are doing it in a restroom at night, then why complain? No one is there, especially not the children.

You may have said it best. I now can understand this behavior as well as accept it..."Animals" in the park

Thanks for the help.

Thunder
04-25-2009, 05:25 AM
There's also a thread "Make Out Spots" where many of the heterosexuals confess their make out spots (we can definately assume some of those also involve sex).

The way I see it, people's personal business is just that, their personal business, as long they are discrete bout it.

Police seem to target the homosexuals, not the heterosexuals. Police should be using their time to bust real crimes, not love or silly acts among other people.

If anyone is doing acts that directly exposes it all to other people intentionally, then by all means, take action on it, but if people are being discrete, then leave them alone.

PennyQuilts
04-25-2009, 05:56 AM
The difference with "make out" spots is that the people involved generally KNOW who they are with and go there together. Usually kids wanting privacy and adults being nostalgic. The pervs in the park are looking for anonymous sex, pure and simple. Well, maybe not pure but you know what I'm saying.

Thunder
04-25-2009, 09:49 AM
The pervs in the park are looking for anonymous sex, pure and simple.

So, it is aganist the law to have anonymous sex? :ohno:

nik4411
04-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Wow thunder, really? So if these people are "being discreet", let's just accept the fact that they are doing these things in a public place that is built for people to use for running, playing sports, picnics and bike riding. I didn't know cities built parks for me to go have sex in my car in the parking lot.

I don't care if it is two gay men sword fighting or a man and wife having a lunch time quickie, that is not what these places are built for. Anyone having sex in a public place should accept the fact that if they get caught there will be consequences.

like ECO said, these are filthy scumbags looking for anything they can get in a place where families bring their children to enjoy being outside.

PennyQuilts
04-25-2009, 10:02 AM
So, it is aganist the law to have anonymous sex? :ohno:

If it is in public. And btw, for what it is worth, if you had heterosexual people acting trashy like that I would feel exactly the same way.

TRASHY PEOPLE!! Picking up strangers at the park for anonymous sex is gross. At least get a room!

If I have insulted someone, I don't care. Get thee to the Health Department!

Thunder
04-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Hours that children is suppose to be in school or in bed.

Why don't the cities set up parks and locations for these people to enjoy their social time?

Thunder
04-25-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm mainly talking bout people that are truely together. lol

As for those just randomly having sex with multiple people, yeah, they're crazy.

nik4411
04-25-2009, 10:05 AM
HAHA that is ridiculous. Why don't these scumbags do this stuff in their own home or some sleazy motel.

nik4411
04-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Well why do they need to do it in the park?

PennyQuilts
04-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Hours that children is suppose to be in school or in bed.

Why don't the cities set up parks and locations for these people to enjoy their social time?

I'm mainly talking bout people that are truely together. lol

Let them sneak around like the rest of us did when we were young and in heat. Setting up orgies in the park would take the thrill out of it. Good god. Your mother might show up.

Thunder
04-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Your mother might show up.

If it helps you to know that I'm not having sex with anyone. :LolLolLol

PennyQuilts
04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
If it helps you to know that I'm not having sex with anyone. :LolLolLol

Well, bless your heart, sweetie. This, too, shall pass.

Thunder
04-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, bless your heart, sweetie. This, too, shall pass.

I don't think I ever want to due to the past when I was younger. :ohno:

jbrown84
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Another classic Thunder thread... Wow.

PennyQuilts
04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I want to adopt Thunder.