View Full Version : Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

kristae
08-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone had some first hand reviews of Carrabbas? I took a look at the menu online and it sounds like it would be really good fine italian food just would like some recomendations before I go and drop 13 bucks for a seafood spaghetti!

mecarr
08-17-2008, 04:41 PM
I like it a lot, but I've only been to the ones in Tusla. Probably the best Itallian restaurant I've been to. The bread they give you is wonderful...I haven't had the spaghetti, but the Chicken Marsala is to die for. I've never had a bad thing there..

kristae
08-17-2008, 05:09 PM
:) Wow... such high marks .... so the food is worth the price?

progressiveboy
08-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Excellent food! Very good shrimp scampi and excellent lasagne and the bread they serve is great. I would recommend it highly:)

roci28
08-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I love Carrabbas, try the calamari!! I have never gotten anything there I didn't like. It is definatley one of my favorites!!! Enjoy....And let us know how you like it

jbrown84
08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
meh.

Stick to Zio's for good, affordable chain Italian.

jbkrems
08-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Carrabbas is the best Italian chain. Biga in Tulsa is the best Italian non-chain.

Zio's does not even compare to the quality of Carrabbas. They do NOT use fresh ingredients at Zio's.

EvokeCoffee
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I have not been to the one here but the one in Nashville, TN (Green Hills Location) was great! It is a chain but the food was always good and the staff was great.

Hopefully it carries over!

mecarr
08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Zios in on ways compares to Carrabbas...Zios is the McDonalds of Itallian food.

jbkrems
08-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Mecarr,

You are absolutely right.

ultimatesooner
08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I thought Carrabbas was average at best

nothing stood out and I havent' been back since my initial trip

OKCDrummer77
08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
My wife and I go there once in a while. We love it. The kitchen is open to the whole restaurant, so you can smell it from the moment you open the front door. The wait staff is required to know every ingredient in every dish, so they can readily answer any question. This is particularly useful if you have food allergies.

I recommend the Chicken Marsala, the Sirloin Marsala, or the Pollo Rosa Maria. For dessert, get the Chocolate Dream. Even if you're too full, order one to go. You won't regret it.

jbrown84
08-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I thought Carrabbas was average at best

nothing stood out and I havent' been back since my initial trip

Exactly. Feel the same way about Johnny Carino's.

alan
08-19-2008, 05:06 PM
I liked the Carrabbas in Tulsa and the one in Colorado Springs. I've only been to the one here in OKC twice and it didn't really stand out to me.

Try one of the mom&pop shops on May - Chicago, Vito's and of course Falcone's.

jbrown84
08-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Or Bella Vista on the southside.

jbrown84
08-20-2008, 09:57 AM
..Zios is the McDonalds of Itallian food.

Are you serious?? Ever heard of Olive Garden?

Luke
08-20-2008, 10:27 AM
I like Carino's the best of the chains. Never been to Carabba's though. May have to give that a go.

jbkrems
08-20-2008, 10:49 AM
My experience is that Carino's (sorry Luke) is worse than Zio's. Olive Garden is better than Zio. Romano's Macaroni Grill is better than Olive Garden. But Carrabbas's beats them all.

jbrown84
08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I've tried three or 4 things at Johnny Carino's and they were all awful.

OkieHornet
08-27-2008, 02:56 PM
i like Carraba's ambience... not too loud, kinda dark... better than the loudness at Carino's! and the wait staff at Carraba's has always been top-notch...

ShiroiHikari
08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
The ambience was nice at Carrabba's, but I wasn't all that impressed with the food. I probably could have made it at home myself for less money, heh. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. Seems to happen a lot these days; maybe it's not that I'm ordering the wrong thing, maybe it's just that restaurants aren't as good as they used to be. But that's a different topic. Back on track.

I personally like Johnny Carino's because their menu stands out from the usual bland "Italian" stuff. They have a lot of spicy things, which I really like. I'd go there over Olive Garden any day. The Olive Garden has good breadsticks and salad, I guess, but-- once again --I could probably make that stuff myself at home.

Luke
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Not too far back I had lobster ravioli at Johnny Carino's... Very creative. And DEEE licous.

FritterGirl
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
In order (bad to good) of "chain" italian that I've experienced:

Olive Garden: blech. Worked there while in college. Will never step foot in one again.

Zio's: meh. Okay, but rather "ordinary."

Johnny Carino's: meh. It's better than Zio's, and has a more "rustic" atmosphere, but still not great IMO. Haven't tried their Lobster Ravioli - I might have to check that out.

Carrabba's: Now we're getting somewhere. Nice ambiance, fresh ingredients, local investment (managers have to be part-owners, so there is local investment which I feel lends to better service all around). Plus, it is a "regional" chain, not wholly national. Delicious food served up nice and hot. Friendly service.

Bravo: This trumps em all. Elegant atmosphere that is still comfortable. Great food and service. Nice bar area. Super private areas for parties and celebrations. Lobster bisque to die for. Even their "plain" spaghetti and meatballs is really spot-on. Again, this is a regional chain so you don't find em everywhere you go. Have never had a bad, or even quasi-bad experience there.

jbrown84
08-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Bravo is excellent. It would top my list too for chain italian.

Luke
08-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Never been to Bravo... I'll have to try it sometime.