View Full Version : Life List

Karried
08-17-2008, 10:11 AM
We were talking about this on another thread so I thought I'd make a new post.

If you had 10 must do/see/experience things before you died.. what would they be, in order?

A bucket list if you will.

jstanthrnme
08-17-2008, 10:54 AM
10. Noodling - Never done it, but I want to try it once.

9. Skydive - See above.

8. 49 State Highpoints - Although Denali would be amazing, I'm not sure thats how I want to spend my time when I go there. I've gotten 9 under my belt. Only 40 left!

7. Traverse Isle Royal - This idea has been floating in my brain for years. It'll happen. It has the highest concentration of wolves in the lower 48 which would be sureal on a moonlit night. I can't wait.

6. New Zealand - The Routeburn Track to be more specific. That's gonna be a big trip when it comes around.

5. JMT - The John Muir Trail in California. 211 miles from Yosemite to Mt. Whitney.

4. Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada - "God, I would sacrifice an equivalent time off of my life, for which you would allow me to spend here."

3. Hike the Appalachian Trail - Only an 8 month commitment. Better done sooner than later.

2. SCUBA in Seychelles - This is something that will come around later I suspect. To many other things to check off until this one.

1. Float the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon - Lees Ferry to Lake Mead will only take about 20 days. This would have it all, relaxation, scenery, excitement. Lets shoot for 2020 can we? Is that possible?

Karried
08-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Very cool list.. when will you start?

jstanthrnme
08-17-2008, 11:15 AM
well, I've already got 9 state highpoints out of the way. And i've got a 50 mile section of the AT complete, but I'm not counting 50 miles out of 2200 miles. thats a mere fraction. I'll take advantage of everything as the opurtunity arises.

Karried
08-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey, I'm impressed that you actually have a life list and goals and dreams!

That's pretty cool that you're so specific. Mine is pretty vague.. I think I'll have to work on it a bit more and give myself some attainable goals with timeframes..

Times a passing by pretty quickly lately!

PennyQuilts
08-17-2008, 03:17 PM
1. Move back home to Oklahoma.

2. I used to want to see the Arch in the park in Utah but I guess that is not going to happen.

3. Win a prize at the fair for something.

4. See a cougar in Oklahoma county. I saw a bobcat once but who hasn't?

My aspirations are not high.

PennyQuilts
08-17-2008, 03:18 PM
My dad always wanted to see a ghost or a UFO but never saw either one.

jbrown84
08-17-2008, 09:20 PM
10. Noodling - Never done it, but I want to try it once.

9. Skydive - See above. ...

Very cool list.

My Life List:

Climb Mt. McKinley & Long's Peak
Raft the Grand Canyon and hike it Rim-to-Rim (doing the latter very soon)
Backpack the John Muir Trail
Visit the Great Wall of China
Return to Yellowstone National Park
Visit Machu Picchu
See Victoria Falls
Photography published in National Geographic
Win an Oscar for screenwriting
See the Pyramids in Egypt

jstanthrnme
08-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm planning the Rim to Rim to Rim this upcoming april. I'm getting really pumped about it.
Good list jbrown, Machu Picchu would be awesome too. If I chicken out of skydiving, that will take its place on the list. You must be a pretty good photographer, do you have a few to share?
Its really hard to narrow every cool thing you want to do in one list. I might just have to add an 11-20 sometime soon.
I'd like to see some more lists from everybody.

jbrown84
08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Flickr: Jason Daniel Brown's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasondanielbrown)

jsibelius
08-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I'd have to start by winning the lottery, because otherwise I can't afford to finance this.

Move permanently onto a cruise ship.
Travel to all 50 states (I'm more than halfway there already)
Adopt a bunch more dogs. But that would clash with living on a cruise ship. Can I be two people?

I'll come back and add more later.