View Full Version : Directions in Dire Need

Thunder
08-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, I took mom down to St. Anthony hospital to get the people to wake up and get on the fast track on scheduling the surgery date for mom. After that, I drove thru downtown toward the Toby Keith's restaurant. Here is when it gets really tricky. First attempt to enter a parking space was actually leading to the hotel's permit only parking. Second attempt to enter a parking space was actually reserved for Sonic workers. Third attempt, a wild guess, drive pass by U-Haul mega building and the entrance is secretly behind the movie theater. Downtown/Bricktown need clear directions! You know how every hospital have directions at every corner with arrows pointing this or that way. Well, we need that!

Anyone notice the ducks are living in the canal?

:congrats: The boat driver did a good job swerving clear of the ducks! It will only cost the taxpayers not much to repaint the scratches from the side of canal. The ducks live!

jbrown84
08-24-2008, 06:41 PM
There's actually pretty good wayfinding signage in Lower Bricktown. The parking lot you were looking for is easily accessed by the access road between Bass Pro and the Residence Inn. Then there is a bridge over the canal. It's hard to miss, and there are lots of signs.

kevinpate
08-24-2008, 08:04 PM
.oO(we gots ducks again? NICE! I did not see ducks on the last stroll)Oo.

jstanthrnme
08-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Parking is perpetually an issue in B-town. there is an entrance from Bass Pro I believe too that connects to TK's, and Cinemark and the other places nearby.

I was excited to see the ducks the other night too. But, I was eating at Chelinos on the patio, and some @holes were throwing chips down to them. That got me really fired up..

metro
08-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Only parking problem is perception and people's lack of will to walk more than 100ft. Our city actually has better wayfinding signage than most cities.