View Full Version : Games for 4 year olds

masonsmomma
08-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm throwing a birthday party for my son on Saturday. He just turned 4, we planned a swim party but good old Oklahoma weather has put a kink into that. Does anyone have any good ideas for inside games for kids ages 4-6 years old? I'm looking for ideas that don't take up too much space as we are holding the event in an apartment clubhouse. Thanks!

Karried
08-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Hang donuts from strings and have a race to see who can eat them with no hands.

Blow up balloons and play 'keep them off the ground' or pop the balloons by sitting on them.

The ole 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey', a Pinata, or Duck, Duck Goose is fun. Hoola Hoop competitions, or make ice cream sundaes and let the kids add their own toppings.....

Have fun!

CG23
08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Hot Potato, beanbag toss, and musical chairs are fun at this age too. Hope the party goes well!

Thunder
08-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Have the son spank his mommy 4 times instead of the mommy spanking him 4 times. lol

masonsmomma
08-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all the help! I hope that these things will keep them entertained. I've just been told the pool won't be open until Tuesday. If all else fails my son has a bunch of toys we can bring to let them play with!

Toadrax
08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I saw some 4 year olds at the nine inch nail concert last night, that was pretty cool.

fire121
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
How was the party? What games did they like? I have a 4 yr old party to give in two months. We may just settle for JumpZone, though. I can keep a couple of them entertained, but a whole gaggle is a real challenge.

masonsmomma
08-21-2008, 11:56 AM
We played catch with the football with the kids while we waited for all the guests to arrive. Then we went outside to the park and the boys played tag. I think I over thought about it all because they are four. They were entertained by running around outside playing tag and doing boy stuff. We played monkey in the middle with the football as well. Thanks for the ideas!

fire121
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I am guilty of doing the same thing, from preparing meals, to spending time together. My kids just love to have friends around and with a little guidance, will find some way to have fun! I think from three to five is the most entertaining time.