View Full Version : Good Food in Guthrie

foodgirl
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't think that alot of the people in Guthrie take advantage of the good restaurants that are there. I hear bad comments about some of the established restaurants that have endured a lot. They have survived for a reason. I know that if you just mention Guthrie in Oklahoma City, everyone thinks of the one or two favorite restaurants. Guthrie should be proud that people travel from everywhere to eat in Guthrie while Guthrie people are traveling to OKC to get a steak that they can get better and less expensive in their own backyard. Just a mention and a kudos to the survivors in Guthrie. Keep it up!

Insider
08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
I have only been to Guthrie a few times, but ALWAYS make time to eat at Granny Had One...

Funny name, EXCELLENT food!

amaesquire
08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
El Rodeo is great mexican food!

tnajk
08-15-2008, 03:29 PM
The new bakery, Moms Bakery is really good! We ordered a cake there a few weeks ago. Highly recommended.:hungry:

CuatrodeMayo
08-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I have only been to Guthrie a few times, but ALWAYS make time to eat at Granny Had One...

Funny name, EXCELLENT food!

Agreed. Good stuff. Stable is pretty good too.

Big C
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, I can tell where you WON'T get good food in Guthrie. That so-called "Oklahomas Best BBQ" Joint at the I-35 and Highway 33 exit! Terrible!

SoonerQueen
08-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Stables is really good and the portions are big. Can't go wrong eating there.

SoonerQueen
08-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I agree, we ate there and the food wasn't good at all. We won't ever go back.I am writing about the Oklahoma's Best BBQ restaurant, not any of the others.

Wbrook
08-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Mr. Lu's is the place to go for Chinese buffet.

The best BBQ can be found at Woody's East of town on Highway 33.

Fuente Grande has the best Mexican food.

CuatrodeMayo
08-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Mr. Lu's is the place to go for Chinese buffet.

Ate there awhile back. That's some good stuff too.

Midtowner
08-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Whenever I have to visit the courthouse up there, lunch at Granny Had One is not optional :)

sgt. pepper
08-18-2008, 09:10 AM
El Rodeo is great mexican food!
The wife and i went to Kansas a few years back and stoped and ate at this place.....we were sick all the way up there. i don't think we will eat there again. Where is Fuente Grande in Guthrie?, we like the one in Mustang.

Jesseda
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
okay is it just a bad experience or maybe more, but when i ate at granny had one, the food was cold, and bland, and the waitstaff seemed to be bothered when yo ask them for another glass of tea? It was during the christmas festival they have, but that doesnt give them that biga reason on why the food was cold and for the staff to go on meltdown.

ilovemark69
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I think Granny Had One is overrated!

foodgirl
08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm glad to see that people are talking more positive about the Guthrie Restaurants. I agree, there are some that are not worth talking about but there are a few that are just awesome and those have been mentioned in a positive light. Good prices for quality that is unsurpasssed. Keep checking out those Guthrie restaurants.:tiphat:

jawgie
08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Same here. My friends and I ate at Granny Had One, and we all will not return, Cold Food and Soggy Friend Green Tomatoes :(, and a wait staff that seemed that they didtn want to be a waitstaff, I was not pleased at all. But Staples is really good, try them next time

jbrown84
08-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I love Granny Had One. Had the hardest time grasping the name, though.

Wbrook
08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
The wife and i went to Kansas a few years back and stoped and ate at this place.....we were sick all the way up there. i don't think we will eat there again. Where is Fuente Grande in Guthrie?, we like the one in Mustang.

Fuente Grande is on Division, in town. I recommend the fajitas, mix of beef and chicken.

CuatrodeMayo
08-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I think that is the one that looks like it used to be Pizza Hut.

Wbrook
08-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I think that is the one that looks like it used to be Pizza Hut.

Close. Braums.

The old Pizza Hut is a different Mexican restaurant. Ate there once a few years back. Can't recommend or not recommend it really.