View Full Version : What is with the buildings on the SE corner of Sheridan and Byers?

warreng88
08-11-2008, 10:00 AM
The ones that are tan half circles and completely dilapitated? The OK County assessor lists it as being owned by Robert Meinders under the business name of Northwest Capital. In my opinion, these things are the biggest eyesores in all of bricktown and it would be a great place to do a condo development or some sort of mixed-use development. Any ideas?

Steve
08-11-2008, 10:57 AM
They are indeed owned by Bob Meinders, who became quite wealthy when he and his brother sold Teleflora several years ago. Meinders is looking to sell the properties to a developer.

metro
08-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally Meinders had a mixed use development including lots of residential in mind. As Steve said, now he's just trying to make a "sweet flip" instead.

betts
01-25-2010, 03:02 PM
These are being torn down as we speak. I just went by there and saw that two of them are already gone and a third is half down.

OKC@heart
01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know if that means that the property has been sold? Are there any plans in the works for the site or is it now simply a rawland tract hoping to be sold off with less encumbrances on it?

warreng88
01-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know if that means that the property has been sold? Are there any plans in the works for the site or is it now simply a rawland tract hoping to be sold off with less encumbrances on it?

As of right now, it is just being cleared. I believe the request was made around September or October of last year.

His original idea was to do a multi-use development called the "Steelyard." Of course those plans fell through. Here is the original thread once it was sold to Bob Meinders in 2004:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/239-w-h-stewart-sold-bricktown.html

progressiveboy
01-25-2010, 06:26 PM
I may be mistaken, however, I believe on that portion of land is where the new BT Fire Station is going? Maybe Steve L can comment??

rcjunkie
01-25-2010, 06:59 PM
I may be mistaken, however, I believe on that portion of land is where the new BT Fire Station is going? Maybe Steve L can comment??

The new Bricktown Fire Station is being built at the NW corner of Sheridan and Lincoln.