View Full Version : Old Paris Flea Market

oneforone
08-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know if Crooked Oak Schools is still going to acquire Old Paris?

Will
08-11-2008, 09:10 AM
No. I am friends with the owners, they reached an agreement where Old Paris sold the school some of their land, but the Flea Market is staying open.

Thunder
08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Which part of the land? Crooked Oak...they are really a crooked bunch of leaders.

UnFrSaKn
08-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I am a CO Alumni...

Will
08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Which part of the land? Crooked Oak...they are really a crooked bunch of leaders.

I'm not sure. I think they said it was some land behind the flea market, but I'm not familiar with the layout there. So I don't really remember.

Thunder
08-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Then that is a really small space and we'll lose back side parking. I just wish Crooked Oak would leave Old Paris and the rest of us alone. They had no stand on Eniment Domain, because, they are private school, not for public use. Old Paris should've just ignored them.

Martin
08-11-2008, 06:26 PM
they had no stand on eniment domain, because, they are private school, not for public use.

crooked oak is a public school district. -M

okcitian
08-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Crooked Oaks have part of the parking on the side facing downtown and there's a line cutting the outside booths in half on the south side of Old Paris that will be taken over my the school. If you go the the flea market on the south side, its where you don't see yellow paint for the booths or the parking. I know the owners.

oneforone
08-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Darn.. I was hoping we could get rid of that eyesore and have them move to a new building off I-35, I-40, or I-240.

Oh Well..... I guess people will still have a place to buy fake auto insurance verification cards.

Jesseda
08-12-2008, 06:13 AM
I have not been to old paris in about 4 years, I hear it has gotten bad with violence Is this true, I use to like going out there and walking around, but now since i have kids and from what i have been hearing i have to think about it, si is it okay to go wiht the family (young kids) to old paris? I took them last year to golden goose and we liked it, not much out there compared to old paris, has that changed at all as well?

foy0613
08-12-2008, 09:33 AM
We took my kiddo, who is almost 4, to Old Paris a few weeks back. We definitely were not in fear for our life. It is an interesting crowd. I just go for the crazy boots and sunglasses...well okay, maybe for the fabulous people watching and social interactions that are inevitable. We didn't see anything at all that worried us. Give it another try and check it out for yourself.

Thunder
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Old Paris is safe to me. I have not heard of any major crimes or violence to occur there. There never was when I looked around many times.