View Full Version : North Fork Grill has closed.

mecarr
08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
The North Fork Bar & Grill, located at 2747 West Memorial and part of the Deep Fork group, has closed, reports the Oklahoma Gazette. No reason was given. It's being replaced by another restaurant, called The Rok Bar & Grill which also has a restaurant in bricktown.

I'm surprised this place closed, it seemed to be pretty popular and I thought it tasted great.

Luke
08-08-2008, 03:26 PM
My family went one time and we happen to bring family from out of state with us.

Poor poor service. I'm not surprised.

OKCisOK4me
08-08-2008, 03:33 PM
The North Fork Bar & Grill, located at 2747 West Memorial and part of the Deep Fork group, has closed, reports the Oklahoma Gazette. No reason was given. It's being replaced by another restaurant, called The Rok Bar & Grill which also has a restaurant in bricktown.

I'm surprised this place closed, it seemed to be pretty popular and I thought it tasted great.

It's actually a night club. I know of the owner. If he's making his new place with a restaurant just like its next door competition (Baker Street) then that might be a good thing. It will be interesting when it opens up.

metro
08-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Old news.

Easy180
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I would hope the ROK bar going in is much better than the lame a** bar in bricktown

zuluwarrior0760
08-09-2008, 03:20 AM
They bragged about keeping Applewood's Rolls and Fritters
but both tasted stale to me the first and only time I went....
Food was a definite step down....
The MyPi pizza was interesting, but again, not as good as
the original.

They went under probably partly because comparisons
to Applewoods was pervasive.

I would "LOVE" to see the return of Applewoods, maybe
in another location.....

sweetdaisy
08-09-2008, 06:24 AM
I never really cared for North Fork...I tried it several times but was never impressed.

Something that always irritated me about that place: Their "Seating Available" sign was ALWAYS on, even if there was an hour wait. I once asked the manager about it (while waiting to be seated) and he said it was connected to the outside lights and they couldn't turn it off. Seemed kind of silly to try to lure people in with that sign and it not be true.

BG918
08-09-2008, 12:35 PM
If you've ever been to Baker Street on Thurs/Fri/Sat nights you know it's much more of a bar atmosphere and really popular with the younger Edmond/north OKC crowd that doesn't go to Bricktown or Western. I think the Rok Bar at this location is trying to attract that same crowd, same with the Buddha Tao place going in nearby, also on Memorial.

Patchy Proot
08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
The Mrs. and I walked in there right after they opened and asked to see the menu before we took a seat (something we always do at a restaurant we have never visited). Glad we did. As I recall there were items such as oppussum, squirrel, and other varmits that didn't quite stimulate my palate. Glad they shut down. It reminded me of a down scaled version of that restaurant from Tulsa (can't recall the name) that was in the log cabin that some guy bought and had it moved after they closed.

bandnerd
08-09-2008, 01:39 PM
That wasn't North Fork. There was another place on Memorial that served bear and other weird wild game, but it wasn't North Fork.

Martin
08-09-2008, 02:30 PM
that sounds like kodiak. after the place closed, the structure was carted off to colorado and made into a home.

-M

mecarr
08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Old news.

Old news? It was just reported in this weeks Gazette...I hadn't seen anything posted about it here.

Pete
08-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Went once and was not impressed.

If you're going to serve a lot of ultra-heavy comfort food, better make it delicious so people can at least justify all the calories. The food was just blah.

jbrown84
08-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Old news? It was just reported in this weeks Gazette...I hadn't seen anything posted about it here.

It was discussed in the "Old Don Pablo's Building" thread, I believe.

okcustu
08-10-2008, 08:22 AM
If you've ever been to Baker Street on Thurs/Fri/Sat nights you know it's much more of a bar atmosphere and really popular with the younger Edmond/north OKC crowd that doesn't go to Bricktown or Western. I think the Rok Bar at this location is trying to attract that same crowd, same with the Buddha Tao place going in nearby, also on Memorial.

just curious why would not want to go to western or bricktown or downtown?

kevinpate
08-10-2008, 08:55 AM
If I lived north and had an area to call my own with fewer younglings and less of a drive home afterwards, it would be appealing.

Location, location, location as they say. It's what turns any reasonably decent spots into a fav spot.

TheImmortal
08-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I know from a personal standpoint that I prefer not going downtown to drink because 1. Unless its the weekday its a pain in the ass to drive and walk dealing with all the people down there. 2. It's usually like hanging out with a pack of wolves going after a piece of raw meat; I mean I do not go to bars to get women, but if there is an attractive one I would like to glance at, I would prefer if the frat guy across the room not give me a death stare. 3. I am more about chill spots or bars with a unique variety of people. For instance McNellie's, Edna's and my personal favorite "after work bar" Old Chicago.

OKCMallen
08-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I would prefer if the frat guy across the room not give me a death stare.

What do fraternities have to do with anything?

jsibelius
08-10-2008, 01:44 PM
What do fraternities have to do with anything?

It's hard not to identify him as such when he's wearing his letters...

Toadrax
08-10-2008, 02:38 PM
White people and their gangs.

okcustu
08-10-2008, 02:51 PM
edna's and ppublic house aren't in edmond and to counter someone elses argument I'd like to be able to walk from place to place besides there are only like three local establishments on memorial anyway and the frat boys from UCO go there so there you have it cutter cutter bars traffic zero walkability and frat boys too. Don't see the advantage