View Full Version : Renaissance Hotel renovations

metro
08-08-2008, 08:01 AM
I had to create a new thread for this topic, even though there is another one but for some reason it was locked.

Renaissance unveils interior renovation
Journal Record
August 8, 2008

OKLAHOMA CITY – Jeffrey Oliasami proudly walked around the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel lobby Thursday and pointed out a face-lift for the hotel that began even before he became general manager in April. “We did a complete renovation of the entire hotel,” Oliasami said.

“We redid every room from ceiling to floor.” The Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel and Spa, at 10 N. Broadway Ave. in downtown Oklahoma City, was completed in 2000 at a cost of nearly $40 million.

Since that time the hotel had not undergone a major renovation. But late last year plans were put in place by the ownership, John Q. Hammons Hotels and Resorts, to sink $4 million into a top-to-bottom renovation.“It’s normal to renovate a hotel every seven or eight years,” Oliasami said. The finished product ended up costing about $4.5 million and was completed this summer.

Oliasami showed off the bar and sitting area punctuated with burnt orange and olive furniture and fixtures, and a mix of light and dark wood. He said the goal was to create a home-like setting in the lobby with plush furniture, an area to set up laptops with wireless Internet service and an area with large televisions and couches.

The lobby still has several small ponds divided by a path that leads to the restaurant.

Both the bar and the restaurant not only got face-lifts but also new names. The restaurant will now be called the 10 North Grill and the bar will be dubbed the Bar at 10 North. The 311 guest rooms have also been redone with bold color schemes, new furniture and 37-inch flat-screen televisions.Additional plans call for sprucing up the bridge that connects the hotel to the Cox Business Services Convention Center over Sheridan Avenue, where the Renaissance manages much of the meeting space.Oliasami said that work is scheduled to begin Sept. 1 at a cost of about $200,000.

(Wow, couldn't come up with any better names than 10th North Grill and Bar at 10 North, should have used some of that $4.5 million on your creative/marketing budget)

jbrown84
08-09-2008, 08:20 PM
haha.

Well, I'm glad they kept the water features. I like those.