View Full Version : I have to go to work at 3

Pages : [1] 2

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm too tired to go an all I know how to do is make fried foods

NativeOkie
08-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Shower up, Brush those teeth, Run a comb thru the hair if it is not cut off.
Clean clothes and shoulders back, Make the best fried food in the entire state of Oklahoma.
The first step to owning your own corporation and traveling from Lil Wayne locations in your private jet....it could happen

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Yea im just doin it for grip while im in school

Its no big deal man its burger king... Thing is u dont even ever flip burgers

OKCisOK4me
08-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Yea im just doin it for grip while im in school

Its no big deal man its burger king... Thing is u dont even ever flip burgers

SWEET, another new term for money!

NativeOkie
08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
well I tried.
Sonic anyone?

Midtowner
08-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Every job is a big deal. Your reputation follows you wherever you go. I just finished up my application to be admitted to the Oklahoma Bar Association. They made me report every job I've ever had. They're actually checking the references I've given. I'm glad now that I've never been fired. It's one less thing I have to explain :)

I was once in a similar position. Instead of frying food, I used to hock electronics and cell phones at RadioShack. It was a good experience. I made a lot of good connections. Many which I still have to this day. Sure, it was only a job while I was still in highschool and college, but it was where I began to make a name for myself as someone who is dependable.

If you have a reputation for not showing up and leaving your coworkers in a lurch, that'll eventually be how you're known.

When you took the job, you agreed to show up when scheduled. Are you someone whose word is worth something?

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 11:41 AM
When did I say I wasnt gonna go???????

Stop stereotyping or i'll have to report you

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 11:42 AM
SWEET, another new term for money!

u like it?

NativeOkie
08-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Midtowner, we tried.
I even played patriotic music in the room as I read our posts.
Oh Well.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
This isnt my future guys its just fast food

OKCisOK4me
08-06-2008, 11:51 AM
u like it?

Yeah, I'm cool with it. This Friday I'll be getting some new grip...which will go to rent ;-)

NativeOkie
08-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Agreed, Wayne
But to the owner of the store and to the Stockholders and the board of directors and the children of the manager it is their future.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 11:54 AM
grip ...which will go to rent ;-)

LOL at u mine will go to cars , clothes , an hoes

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Agreed, Wayne
But to the owner of the store and to the Stockholders and the board of directors and the children of the manager it is their future.

I dont really ave anything to do with them though

bandnerd
08-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Ah, the typical short-sightedness of youth.

The thing is, Wayne, is that everything you do impacts someone else. Even if you're just peddling fried foods.

When I was in high school, and was on the debate team (yeah, yeah, I'm a nerd and I'm totally ok with it) we discussed how the simplest of actions can affect a great many people. We gave our debate coach the example of a cheese shortage. How would a cheese shortage in our town affect the world?

He made a chart on the chalkboard that I will never forget. He actually managed to link a cheese shortage to nuclear war.

I know that is far-fetched, and it's not supposed to be a real example. But here is a more realistic one:

When I was in high school, I didn't have a regular part-time like a lot of kids. My main job was to be a student, according to my mom. But we had a family friend, an attorney, who liked to travel all over the world with his wife. Now, they had a nice little plot of land out in the country, with horses and other animals, and a beautiful home, a swimming pool...the works. When they would travel, I would take care of their dog and cats. I got to use their swimming pool if I wanted. I never abused the privilege, though.

That person helped out my family in many ways, because I was trustworthy. This person wrote letters of rec for me for college, and I have done well for myself. Little things can make a big impact on your life and the life of others.

I seriously doubt that I will make any sort of impression on you, and I don't really even know why you started a thread just to complain about having to go to work at 3 in the afternoon and to complain about being TIRED. Boo friggin' hoo.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 12:26 PM
LOL the end of that one was funny

bandnerd
08-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Glad I could entertain. I think I missed my true calling as a stand-up comedienne.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Yea but I think you guys misread me...

At 245 im gonna leave my house to go to work an when I get there I'm going to do everything im told an to the best that I can so don't trip I was just sayin I dont wanna go

bandnerd
08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
A lot of people don't like their jobs. So what? Do you see any of the rest of us posting to say that we don't want to go to work?

Hopefully this will be a learning experience for you--you'll learn what you DON'T want to do for the rest of your life.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 01:05 PM
This is a public forum i'm pretty sure I can post about just about whatever I want

bandnerd
08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
So can I.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Never said u couldnt

PennyQuilts
08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Midtowner, when do you take the bar? Good luck!

metro
08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Lil Wayne. I have to agree with the other posters. Everything you do affects other people and you down the road. Yes you are young and mistakes are more forgiven, however be proud of your work and you'll succeed further in your long term career. Keep in mind myself and some of these other posters aren't some old fogies giving outdated advice, myself and several others above are in our mid-to-late twenties, not too much older than you, and we can already see how "minor school jobs" are affecting our decisions and careers today. Someone more mature in life and their career could only give even more advice on this.

CuatrodeMayo
08-06-2008, 01:48 PM

I'll bet you'll hook up with all kinds working at BK

Good job on degrading women. Guess I shouldn't be surprised considering your screenname.

bandnerd
08-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Good job on degrading women. Guess I shouldn't be surprised considering your screenname.

Do you really think he's wanting to hook up with upstanding, respectable young women? The type of girls he's probably looking for wouldn't mind being called a ho.

Luke
08-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Which Burger King?

PennyQuilts
08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Thank you, CuatrodeMayo.

And just to share my observation - the biggest ho's on the planet still get offended when they are called names.

Thunder
08-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Wayne, just tough up to it. We all have days that we don't want to get out of bed (or stop what we are doing) to go to work, but we still do. We force ourselves. I always force myself to go to work, clock in at 4 am, Mon thru Fri. Even tho you'll feel tired and depressed, as soon you get to work, you'll be energized and completely happy about finishing the day right.

Note - Don't be doing anything naughty to anyone at the workplace, you will be fired for that faster than a burger can be grilled.

FritterGirl
08-06-2008, 08:13 PM

Right, cause a $6 an hour job at the BK will take you real far in life. One of these days, that won't cut it anymore, and you'll find yourself needing to pay for rent and other household necessities like utilities, groceries, etc. How far will BK take you then? Not very.

Here's the deal:

1. Work hard now, get a good rep with your boss. You never know when a recommendation from him will come in handly.
2. Stay in school, get good grades, work towards college - even if it means going to community college the first few years.
3. Get a college degree or learn a skilled trade and get a real job - then you'll have more grip for the things you WANT, and not just the things you need to survive.

It's not a failsafe. You have to work hard. You have to show up at your job and work towards your goals (even if it is frying the perfect fries). You'll never know how the experiences you have now will come into play later.

If you can't groove to all this now, then in the future you might find yourself staying at BK, and that "grip" which you so highly covet, will pay for little else than what you need to get by - if it will even cover that much.

mmonroe
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Aight lil_wayne let me give you some words for that grind.

I started to make paper when I was 14 mowing yards, $50 a day, 8 acres a day, sun up to sun down. It wasn't easy, but I made my scrilla. When I got into highschool I traded it in for a cook job at sonic. I worked my ass off, within two weeks of starting, while everyone else my age goofed off, I was promoted to shift lead and got a $.50 raise on top of it. While in school, still holding down a job, I was going to votech to learn A+, Network+, and CCNA. When I went to college, I presented my resume, which only had my Sonic experience and Education listed on it, to the Director of IT and got a job in college as a Network tech. The only reason I got that job was because they called Sonic and found out how much of a hard worker I was. Which is what I was told when they laid me off because the budget for the next school year was approved to higher a full time network tech in my place. But because I busted ass working there, I was able to just move over departments to Communications and Marketing as a Web/Print Graphic Designer. (My minor in college). That was also with a pay raise. Mind you, I also did this work while taking 18 hours of college credit per semester. Anyone who has went to college knows that a work load like that is like having a full time job with over time. I was constantly tired.

I took some time away from college to help family and instantly got job approvals from everywhere I placed applications, simply for the fact, that my job references proved who I was. Even today, after working at my current job for only 3 months, I was promoted to Assistant Manager with a pay raise. I also talked to the owners of our store again today, and I we be getting another raise after only being an assistant manager for two weeks now.

I guess what i'm trying to say, believe it or not. Even those little high school jobs frying food and flipping burgers, or in your case, loading them into the conveyor belt that cooks the burgers, shows up on every application, and employers will call them. So tired or not, get your ass up and make something of yourself.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM

It was a joke bro calm down

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-07-2008, 12:32 AM
I got aff at 1030 though

Im a natural

OKCisOK4me
08-07-2008, 12:51 AM

You're a poet, your feet show it, you just didn't know it...cause you were out flippin meat, not trying to skip a beat, to show us all that our world is your ball, putting us in to play, to give rise to your own future, keeping us on edge in a world that makes us insecure.

That took a few minutes...what can I say...

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
that sucked bro stick to talkin about OKC

OKCisOK4me
08-07-2008, 01:10 AM
that sucked bro stick to talkin about OKC

Like I said, the wiskey/pepsi ain't helping. I've written some pretty damn good poetry though in the past. The kind that gets the ladies (your hoes) hearts fluttering. I'll stick to that. Can't freestyle for the life of me. Have a friend though that has met the likes of Tupac, Dre, Kid N' Play, Tribe Called Quest...now he's got talent. Heck, he opened up for Naughty by Nature a few years back. That guy is off the hook!

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Good to hear man so where u at ill come over an drink your liquor

OKCisOK4me
08-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Good to hear man so where u at ill come over an drink your liquor

U can wait till the stores open and request it with your fake or you can just wait till you turn 21. Besides, I've been listening to Techno all night. Prob drive you away, lol....

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I like tech nyne

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Thanks for updating your OKCTalk.com blog.

OKCisOK4me
08-07-2008, 02:18 AM
I like tech nyne

Before I hit the hay...

Birth name Aaron Dontez Yates
Also known as Tecca Nina, The Killa Clown, T-9, Kansas City King
Born November 8, 1971 (1971-11-08) (age 36)
Origin Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Genre(s) Hip hop
Years active 1996 – present
Label(s) Strange Music
Associated acts The Regime
Kabosh
57th Street Rogue Dog Villians
Krizz Kaliko
Kutt Calhoun
Website TheRealTechN9ne.com

Nowhere near TECHno, nice try though...

Midtowner
08-07-2008, 08:04 AM
This thread is crunk.

-- rad even.

Luke
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Which Burger King?

NativeOkie
08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Sonic anyone?

PennyQuilts
08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Seems safer... :)

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Which Burger King?

Why do u care so much stalker

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Sonic anyone?

ITS ALL FAST FOOD BRO

andy157
08-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Why do u care so much stalkerSo he will be sure to not ever eat there. Though I'm only guessing.

Luke
08-08-2008, 06:48 AM
So he will be sure to not ever eat there. Though I'm only guessing.

Exactly.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
[removed for profanity - watch it Wayne ~ Pete]

raw98682
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
*Sighs*
Grip does not mean money.
Please don't use it as such or you'll be made fun of... just trying to help you out.
Grip is usually refered to an amount of time, usually a long time. It can also mean "a lot of."
Check it out at the online slag dictionary, just in case.

Luke
08-08-2008, 01:41 PM
According to urbandictionary.com, "grip" can also mean money.

raw98682
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Not commonly. Gwap is a more common word for money.

Midtowner
08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/i/pi/104294_1.jpg

Actually...

raw98682
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I know... like it even matters.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm a more dumberer people for has been reading this thread.

Thunder
08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm a more dumberer people for has been reading this thread.

nvm mistaken identity lol sorry <<< edit

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Not commonly. Gwap is a more common word for money.

I cant use both????????

kevinpate
08-14-2008, 07:54 PM
many can gwap their grip, but to grip one's gwap well takes practice

mmonroe
08-15-2008, 12:27 AM
pmsl kevin.