View Full Version : Is there anything better???

NativeOkie
08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I just went to the fridge and opened a Reese's PB Cup. Cold, Creamy as it begins to warm up. There is not much better than this.

PennyQuilts
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
That is pretty good, I'll grant you, especially as hot as it has been.

As for me, nothing like my great grandmother's tomato dumplings.

NativeOkie
08-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm curious, Never heard of tomato dumplings.

NativeOkie
08-05-2008, 05:38 PM
On my candy break started me thinking about candy from my childhood.
I remember the bunte candy sponsorship at 89'er games. What candy did Bunte make and are they still around?

jsibelius
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I just went to the fridge and opened a Reese's PB Cup. Cold, Creamy as it begins to warm up. There is not much better than this.

Nope. I got the same idea today, but I set it on top of my A/C vent to cool off. Muy bueno.

PennyQuilts
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm curious, Never heard of tomato dumplings.

Old family recipe. The only person I EVER spoke to who knew what I was talking about was an elderly, white haired, black gentleman who smiled gently and said that took him back to when he was a child and his great aunt used to make them for special occasions. I love them. Sigh... With milk, as ghastly as that sounds.

Husband says they taste like glue (I like hard dumplings). It may be an acquired taste... My dogs love them, too.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-05-2008, 11:53 PM

I like cold Snickers bars myself. But cold Reese's is damnfinetastygoodness too.

jsibelius
08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I like cold Snickers bars myself. But cold Reese's is damnfinetastygoodness too.

Do you have any teeth left? Cold Snickers have a tendency to break them off for you.

Easy180
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Nothing better in the summer than Vanilla Ice Cream in a bowl with a Welch's strawberry soda poured on top

Good and good for you

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Do you have any teeth left? Cold Snickers have a tendency to break them off for you.

Cold...Not frozen. :D

angel27
08-07-2008, 08:17 AM
recipe.. for tomato dumplings?

PennyQuilts
08-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, you'll see that I really do have one foot in the trailer park after seeing this recipe:

Tomato dumplings

Can of peeled tomatoes, can of tomato soup, soup can of water, 2 tablespoons of butter, a couple dashes of salt, set on the stove to boil.

Dry ingredients:

2.5 cups flour
1 tsp paking powder
1 tsp salt

Beat 5 eggs. Add 1/4 cup water. Fold into the dry ingredients. Add water if it stays too dry. When it holds together, drop teaspoon size dumplings into the boiling sauce.

Don't let it scorch. Keep adding and stirring. It is okay if the dough is not completely wet. A little bit of dryness goes into the sauce and thickens it. After a few minutes, cut a couple of dumplings to see if they are "done." The more eggs you add, the lighter they will be. I don't like light dumplings but that is just me. Some people add a little sugar but that is just disgusting.

Add salt before eating.

The dough is pretty much like glue when it is raw so be sure you soak the bowl in water while you're eating or you'll be sorry.

Bon appetit. Husband won't eat them.

OKCDrummer77
08-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Cold...Not frozen. :D

Doesn't have to be frozen. Cold caramel is hard enough to be a threat to the teeth.

jsibelius
08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Doesn't have to be frozen. Cold caramel is hard enough to be a threat to the teeth.

I've tried enough cold Snickers to know that's the truth! Nearly pulled a filling or two!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Well then you guys are doin' it wrong!

jsibelius
08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Well then you guys are doin' it wrong!

Maybe that's what's wrong with your smeller. Broken teeth that have rotted. :D

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I just gum it till it gets soft.