View Full Version : I got a job at burger king today

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Is this job gonna succ?

PennyQuilts
08-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Doesn't matter since you aren't planning to make a career of it. Get some change in your pocket, job experience and the bragging rights down the road that you started out the fast food equivalent of slinging hash. My son worked at a FF restaurant all through highschool as did my husband. Both went on to much bigger and better things but wouldn't change the experience for anything. Congratulations!

Intrepid
08-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Is this job gonna succ?

If you're trying to ask if it will "suck", then the answer is yes...if you let it.

If you're trying to ask if it will "succeed", then the answer is possibly....if you let it.

It's all about attitude. You will get out of it what you put into it. If you start off the bat thinking, or questioning if, it's going to suck, then it will suck.

NE Oasis
08-01-2008, 06:42 AM
If you're trying to ask if it will "succeed", then the answer is possibly....if you let it.

It's all about attitude. You will get out of it what you put into it.

Every neighborhood has at least ONE, as well as McD's Taco Bell, etc.
Embrace the experience of working in the fast food industry, realize that many started where you are today and are now millionaire franchise holders!

Luke
08-01-2008, 08:59 AM
If you make the people who come in happy, you will be happy too. Be friendly with them and you'll enjoy your time.

FritterGirl
08-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Is this job gonna succ?

Short answer #1: Only if you let it.

Short answer #2: See Intrepid's comments in post #3, above.

Pete
08-01-2008, 09:20 AM
You'll certainly learn a lot that will help you later in life.

It's good to do these things as a young person to 1) motivate you to bigger and better things and 2) have an appreciation for the people that do this type of work.

When I was younger, I worked as a maintenance person at a graveyard, among other things. I learned a strong work ethic that has served me well throughout life.

Toadrax
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Working at burger king doesn't suck as much as having to explain to the beechs why you don't have a job.

Luke
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Working at burger king doesn't suck as much as having to explain to the beechs why you don't have a job.

...or saying you have to wait till the 3rd to go to Bricktown cuz that's when your welfare check comes in.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Doesn't matter since you aren't planning to make a career of it. Get some change in your pocket, job experience and the bragging rights down the road that you started out the fast food equivalent of slinging hash. My son worked at a FF restaurant all through highschool as did my husband. Both went on to much bigger and better things but wouldn't change the experience for anything. Congratulations!

I do that too

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
...or saying you have to wait till the 3rd to go to Bricktown cuz that's when your welfare check comes in.

I went to BT last night

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-01-2008, 11:42 AM
If you make the people who come in happy, you will be happy too. Be friendly with them and you'll enjoy your time.

No sir

The happiness of the customer has nothing to do with the happiness of me.. Now if the customer would have gone to the mickey d's or kfc next door then.... that would have made me happy

Luke
08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I went to BT last night

Well, thanks for being frugal with my money then.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Well, thanks for being frugal with my money then.

No it was my grip

I still had $16 left from my other job

Only prob is I dont start till Monday so I have 3 1/2 days and now $7 to last me those days

Luke
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
No sir

The happiness of the customer has nothing to do with the happiness of me.. Now if the customer would have gone to the mickey d's or kfc next door then.... that would have made me happy

I was speaking from my experience.

Sometimes being a little personable makes someone's day... which in turn makes me feel good. I like being a cheerful person and when others are cheerful to me, it makes time go by quicker and working is more enjoyable.

Watching the clock impatiently every few minutes on a 8 hour shift wishing people would go away is a promise to make even a good paying job miserable.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I was speaking from my experience.

Watching the clock impatiently every few minutes on a 8 hour shift wishing people would go away is a promise to make even a good paying job miserable.

I watch until my next break

MadMonk
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Making the customer happy won't necessarily make you happy, but doing the opposite will definitely affect your day. It sounds like you're the perfect fast food candidate. Good luck in your career.

Thunder
08-01-2008, 04:52 PM
What is your job position at BK?

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-01-2008, 04:55 PM
idk I dont start till monday

I started at 7 though wich isnt bad for fast food.

Thunder
08-02-2008, 12:20 PM
You don't even know the job position that you were told at the interview and orientation?!

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-02-2008, 12:30 PM
You don't even know the job position that you were told at the interview and orientation?!

It's burger king bro... I'm pretty sure im gonna be flippin burgers

All he told me was... No jeans. blacc pants an he needs a copy of my DL an SSC on monday

kevinpate
08-02-2008, 12:30 PM
.oO(his response at #16 should preclude any sense of surprise)Oo.

Thunder
08-02-2008, 12:37 PM
If ur flippin burgers, be prepare for the heat and wild grease...and read the orders on the screen right. lol

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-02-2008, 01:00 PM
If I mess up the order i'll prolly get to eat it

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-05-2008, 12:48 AM
It's easier than my last job an I make more money.

lol at them