View Full Version : Are you an OKC bandwagon fan?

AFCM
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm not talking about basketball; I'm talking about civic pride. In this case, there's nothing wrong with being a bandwagon fan. Sometimes, it takes a lot of good things to happen before others realize what a great place OKC is. There's nothing wrong with that. Others, however, have always believed in OKC.

I'm one of the guys who has always loved OKC. When I moved away from home for the first time, I realized how much it was a part of me. I longed to come back home, but I never thought OKC had this much potential. I registered on this site simply because I wanted to catch up on current events and glance at OKC-related photos because I was so homesick. I knew OKC was destined to become better, but I didn't know why and I never realized the complete magnitude of its potential.

Since I've been here, I've developed a greater understanding of how local government, private sector, and citizens all come together to make the engine wheels turn. I don't think I'm an OKC bandwagon fan, but since I've been here it's been hard not to get caught up in the fervor of OKC's renaissance. I know my experience isn't unique. If you really consider it, we're on here because we're passionate in some way. How did that passion develop? Was it before or after the success of MAPS? There's no wrong or right answer. In this case, I'm just glad you're a part of a winning team. Go OKC!

donbroncho
07-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I dont think i have been a bandwagon fan, even if some of my friends laugh at me when i tell them of the pride I have in my city for years. They can just move to "cooler" places if thats what makes them happy...

And I think its not a bad thing if we have a bunch of bandwagon fans. The more the merrier i say. We need all the fans we can get after some of our embarrassments er elected officials have made the headlines recently...

okcpulse
07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I have a communion with Oklahoma City that few people will ever understand.

Luke
07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I've been a fan of OKC since hearing about the MAPS projects as a teen growing up in Sulphur, OK. I grew attached when I saw all those awesome proposals. Now, here I am in OKC with my wife and daughter enjoying it.

:)

Toadrax
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
We need more crime downtown to be a real city.

AFCM
07-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Now, here I am in OKC with my wife and daughter enjoying it.

:)

This is the most exciting part of seeing OKC's renaissance. One day, I'll have little ones who will grow up living in all of what's being proposed now.

bigjkt405
07-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Growing up I couldn't wait to move to someplace else. After 4 years in Stillwater, I broke camp to Orlando. That was cool, but it wasn't home. After a brief stint back in OKC, I moved to Tulsa for 3 years...... and I will not comment on that (for fear of the Tulsans....lol), but I'm back in OKC now. Its home and its better than ever.......

kmf563
07-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I will admit I'm a bandwagon fan. But I think that has more to do with age than anything else. Growing up in Choctaw and not being a country girl made me unhappy and I learned to dislike Oklahoma. Now that I am an adult and a parent with different interests I feel differently. I definitely am liking it more with the new direction it's moving with additions of sports and entertainment.