View Full Version : Thought I would throw this out there....

kristae
07-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I know there are quite a few restaurant owners and chefs who read these forums and so I thought it would be worth a try to post on here that I am currently a student at The Culinary Institute of Platt College looking for a place to help me get my “foot in the door”. I have applications out in places around town but figured posting on here couldn’t hurt either :) I have a resume if anyone is interested, thanks in advance!

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
07-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Post your credit card an SSN # and we'll be able to get started

kristae
07-27-2008, 10:49 PM
well i thought about doing that but then i realized that i might as well post my signature on here as a .jpg so I am just waiting to use a scanner right now

Karried
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
kristae, good luck on your search. You can PM members instead of putting any personal info out on a public forum.

I've heard that Platt college is open for lunch so the students can practice. Is this true?

What are the prices like if so, I imagine they do a lot of gourmet meals so it would probably run quite a bit more than a normal lunch menu.

Thunder
07-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Karried, it can be true. OSU in Okmulgee did the same thing. I tried it once. I tell you, they sure like fancy stuff with no soda!!! Grrr!

kristae
07-28-2008, 02:40 PM
It is very true that we have restaraunt called Chefs Di Domani that is open to the public on Thursday and Friday afternoon and evenings :) . It is the one of the final steps in our course where the entire restarunt; from seating, waiting, and cooking is performed by the students. The very last step of course being an actual externship for a couple months out in "the real world".

The lunch menu has things like angus burgers, sicillian quesadillas, soups, salads, and ususally a students weekly creation. The prices are decent.... running around 5 to 13 dollars depending on whether you get a salad or all the way up to small steaks. Sometimes, depending on staffing, they even run a build your own pasta bar....my favorite!!

(And all you can eat fresh baked bread with compound butters!)

The night time menu is a little more rittzy with things like half rotisarie chickens, strip steaks, calamari, and other stuff. Of course with those items the prices will run higher than the lunch menu. At night though the lights are dimmed, a wine selection is provided, candles on all the tables... that sort of thing. My favorite at night is the tortilla crusted talipia with butter sauce on orzo with a white wine.

Oh yeah... the lunch hours are 11 -2 and the dinner hours are 6(i think) to 9. We dont publicly advertise so alot of people dont know about it but once people eat there they are usually hooked.

Please do keep in mind with all this though that it is nothing but students (with instructor supervision of course) running the whole restaruant so sometimes the consistency varies when a class is graduating and a new class is coming in for their first time. This is usually a non issue but I feel i need to point it out for those that tend to let ONE sub standard expirence form an opinion about everyone or thing that comes from Platt.

Karried
07-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Great info.. thanks, I'll be sure check it out.

Luke
07-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

AFCM
07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey, she mentioned wine there Luke. You should hit up the selection and let us know which you prefer. :)

fire121
12-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Never knew this!!

I will try it out.

Found a job yet, Kristae?

metro
12-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah, the school/restaurant has been running there for years. It's a great way to get a good gourmet meal at a cheap price.

lasomeday
12-16-2008, 08:45 AM
I've been there many times. It is great from the appetizers to desserts. They do a great job and it is reasonably priced with great food.

nik4411
12-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Thats pretty cool, i'm definitely going to try that someday