View Full Version : Drawings of Dell released

Patrick
12-21-2004, 10:33 PM
I also posted this in the Dell updates thread, but thought I'd post it here since it was pretty important. Remember to check out the Dell Weekly Updates thread at the top of this forum for updates. mranderson, an employee for Dell, updates the thread usually either on a weekly basis, or when news is available.

To enlarge the pic, click on the thumbnail below.

Patrick
12-21-2004, 11:02 PM
By the way, here's the story for those that may have missed it:
---------
"Drawings show plans for four-story Dell call center
By Steve Lackmeyer
The Oklahoman

Drawings obtained Monday by The Oklahoman show Dell's new Oklahoma City call center will be a four-story building with brick columns and a glass-encased entryway resembling a Dell computer tower.
The drawings, released at a recent retreat of the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, provide the first glimpse at a planned campus along the Oklahoma River that could involve at least two more buildings.

Mayor Mick Cornett said he likes what he's seen so far.

"I've seen a couple of other Dell sites, and I think these buildings will be very attractive," Cornett said.

"They're incorporating things into the designs they've learned elsewhere. This will send a progressive message, a message that we have a presence of high tech industry."

Dell already has 700 employed at a temporary call center in northwest Oklahoma City.

The permanent site along the Oklahoma River at Interstate 44 was chosen by the company two months ago.

Michelle Blood, Dell spokeswoman, said Monday the building design could change before the drawings are finalized.

City officials confirmed, however, that the building plans have been submitted for a permit review.

"Site preparation has begun," Blood said. "We're still anticipating it to be open in summer 2005."

Assistant City Manager Jim Thompson the city is seeking a contractor to start work on closing a drainage channel.

Thompson said a traffic analysis shows the city also will need to add traffic signals and turn lanes along SW 15.

Pat Downes, development director for the Oklahoma City Riverfront Redevelopment Authority, said at least one housing development is being eyed within a mile of the Dell campus.

"We have been receiving calls (about river development), but we were prior to the Dell announcement," Downes said.

"But since then, the interest level has intensified. The redevelopment interest really covers the entire spectrum, from residential to institutional."

Luke
12-22-2004, 02:38 AM
I guess one has to be priveledged to see the dell pic? It won't let me pass.

HOT ROD
12-22-2004, 09:36 AM
I guess one has to be priveledged to see the dell pic? It won't let me pass.

Me neither. Patrick, do we need privileges to see the pic?

metro
12-22-2004, 11:08 AM
yeah it says we dont have priveledges

floater
12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Me too.

mranderson
12-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Yes. And for only $22.00 you can see my new office. (and more, of course)

floater
12-22-2004, 11:22 AM
You know what would be a great Xmas gift you can suggest others give you? Sponsorship of okctalk.com!!!

Patrick
12-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Some of the coding in the program might only allow sponsors to view it.

I'll try another way of posting it below.

Patrick
12-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Okay everyone...I just posted it in the Photo Gallery...I'll try to post it below.

Patrick
12-23-2004, 11:29 AM
http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/54dell_building.jpg

Luke
12-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks!

The brick theme...cool.

HOT ROD
12-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Looks nice! too bad it is not closer to downtown. Wouldnt that theme be nice for the Flatiron or Auto Alley districts?

Patrick
12-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I just love the way the main entrance looks like a computer CPU! It's definitely creative!

mranderson
12-23-2004, 02:35 PM
I just love the way the main entrance looks like a computer CPU! It's definitely creative!

It is based on the Dell Dimention desk top computer. Yes. Creative.

Luke
12-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Apple should build a call center right next door... out of spite.

:)

Patrick
12-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Apple can build a call center on one side, and Microsoft on the other side! lol!

mranderson
12-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Apple should build a call center right next door... out of spite.

:)

In the shape of an apple. (The fruit, not a computer)

HOT ROD
12-23-2004, 04:00 PM
That would be funny, and pretty cool! :)