View Full Version : Silly question for the ladies...

raw98682
07-26-2008, 07:45 PM
This is such a silly question and I'm not sure where to post this:
When I'm driving and I have a passenger, I have no idea where to put my purse. I would put in the passenger seat, but someone is obviously sitting there. I usually throw it in the back seat but it takes forever to grab it and get all my stuff out of the car. Putting it on the center console gets on the way of elbow room. Putting it under my seat works okay, but I worry about it shifting and getting in the way of the pedals and causing an accident. I was thinking of putting some sort of hook on the back of the passenger seat, but I'm not sure what to use.
I know this is stupid, I just hate making my passengers wait for me to get all my crap when we're ready to get out and go.
What do people usually do with their purse? Any ideas for a hook?

bandnerd
07-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I put it in the floor on the passenger side. They can scoot their seat all the way back and deal with it. If I'm nice enough to give them a ride, then they can be nice enough to accommodate my smallish purse.

Thunder
07-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Describe to us the size of the purse and the vehicle that you are driving.

kevinpate
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
When my spouse drives, she does the same as bandnerd. It sits on the floor in the front passenger footwell. Never seemed to crowd even my paddleboat sized feet, and she's had some honking big purses over the years

solitude
07-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Describe to us the size of the purse and the vehicle that you are driving.

And if you could - the VIN number too, please. :)

I have to ditto Kevin's answer. My wife seems to always put hers on the floor on the passenger side. I doubt any passenger would be offended. Unless your 'purse' has an "American Tourister" label attached to it.

raw98682
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the responses so far!
It's not a big purse, but I'm sure it would get in the way. To me, putting it on the floor in front of my passenger seems to be the least efficient method. They have to dig it out and hand it to you, and if they have muddy feet it could get dirty or they could accidently step on it and break something.
A hook placed somewhere strategically would be great, but I cant think of anything that wouldn't look tacky or a location where it wouldn't get in the way. Maybe a hanger wrapped around the passenger seat with the hook on the back of the seat.... but then we run into that "tacky" problem. Any other thoughts?
Thanks guys!

Luke
07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Wallet here. ;)

Thunder
07-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Really, it is not hard to place the purse in the back seat beind the passenger side.

PennyQuilts
07-29-2008, 04:24 AM
I can't imagine being offended if a driver put her bag at my feet. If she is stopped, she needs to be able to get her identification and reaching for something in the back just makes people itchy. As a driver, I wouldn't want someone in my car who would think twice about putting the bag there. Hanging it somewhere is likely to block your vision (hypothetically, anyway).

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Whoah....WHOAH....

When did we start letting women drive?

ShiroiHikari
07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I usually just put mine in the passenger seat if there's nobody over there, or down in the floor between the seats (I have a minivan). If there is somebody sitting over there, I put it in the passenger floorboard. Nobody seems to mind, and my female friends do it to me all the time and it doesn't bother me. XD

BradR
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
my wife just puts it in the floor next to my feet, doesn't seem to get in my way

sometimes she'll put it under the armrest on top of the cupholders as long as we don't have drinks

PennyQuilts
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
OGTS - Just shut up and hold my purse. :)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
OGTS - Just shut up and hold my purse. :)

Well...okay.

You DO make a lot of money...

jsibelius
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Really, it is not hard to place the purse in the back seat behind the passenger side.

Truly. Unless you're driving like a bat out of the underworld, your purse should stay right there within grabbing distance. Turn off the car, take off the seatbelt, quickly reach over and grab the purse, you're outta there. No waiting.

NE Oasis
08-01-2008, 11:46 AM
A hook placed somewhere strategically would be great, but I cant think of anything that wouldn't look tacky or a location where it wouldn't get in the way. Maybe a hanger wrapped around the passenger seat with the hook on the back of the seat.... but then we run into that "tacky" problem. Any other thoughts?
Thanks guys!

Here's your million dollar idea! You CAN'T be the only one with this problem.
Design a stretchy fabric "sock" to fit over the top 8 - 12" inches of your passenger seat with a small sturdy hook on one side near the bottom. Patent the easily removable "Purse Perch" for your first million, then expand to NCAA logos for your second million. I'll be happy to settle for a .5 % (of the gross) fee.

raw98682
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
I'll make millions!:bright_id

Dana
09-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I put mine in the floor behind the passenger seat and it easy to grab quickly. As far as a hook goes there are a few ideas depending on the care. If you have one of those slits behind the passenger seat you could use an S hook. Or if you have a head rest that lifts you could put a small bungie cord that already has S hooks on it around the bar on the head rest then push it back down then it is always there.

jacodenn
09-03-2008, 08:49 AM
How bout your back, right pocket?