View Full Version : Cute 3 bed / 2 bath for sale by owner...

Luke
07-24-2008, 07:50 PM
My wife and I have decided to sell our house.

Check out For Sale By Owner: 3121 Lazy Lane (http://www.3121LazyLane.com) for pics and contact info.

Thanks!
:)

PS: If this isn't allowed or is in the wrong forum, please delete it or move it. Thanks!

Thunder
07-24-2008, 09:22 PM
It goes in the Business Xchange section.

Luke, that is a nice house and it is in Del City. Oh, I wish I could live there. lol

Have you consider putting it up for rent?

Luke
07-24-2008, 09:35 PM
We don't want the hassle of dealing with renters. So, we just want to sell it.

Thunder
07-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I sent you an email.

Harvey Hudson
07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Luke where are you going?

Is your brother moving as well?

Luke
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, my wife and I used to teach here in Del City. Now my wife is starting a community theater (http://www.HopeTheatreCo.com) which will be in the Sandridge Energy building downtown. I have taken a full time position as a sign language interpreter with Sorenson VRS and that's near Baptist hospital. Plus, my brother, his wife and me and my wife are helping to start a church plant in the Paseo. For all those reasons we would love to find a historic place near the Paseo, Mesta Park, Crown Heights or Edgemere Park.

My brother isn't moving. He is still in Del City. See ProjectOKC :: Ideas on God, Life, Tech and Connections (http://ProjectOKC.com) for more info.

Luke

Thunder
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
OMG!!!! You're an interpreter for Sorenson! Are you contracted with SLRS, too?

What is your certification levels? How many years of experience? How and what inspired you to learn sign language? Involved with the deaf community or is it strictly a job?

Luke, I'm 'deaf' myself and you're right here in the Del City, which I am too.

What is a church plant? Where is Paseo? What religon is it?

Luke
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
OMG!!!! You're an interpreter for Sorenson! Are you contracted with SLRS, too?

What is your certification levels? How many years of experience? How and what inspired you to learn sign language? Involved with the deaf community or is it strictly a job?

Luke, I'm 'deaf' myself and you're right here in the Del City, which I am too.

What is a church plant? Where is Paseo? What religon is it?

Wow!

Soundsl like a job interview or something.

I'm not contracted through SLRS, but I am looking into doing that.

I'm a certified 5/5. My dad is deaf so I have 28 years of experience (my whole life).

I am not involved in the deaf community other than my dad and his friends. But, I'm certainly not opposed to hanging out with the deaf community.

The church plant will start meeting at the restaurant Sauced right there in the Paseo actually. The goal, really, is to just do what Jesus did. Help out those in the community that need whatever it is they need.

Luke

Thunder
07-29-2008, 08:46 PM
What is a church plant, Luke?

You should look into contracting with SLRS. You got the certifications and you'll be able to enjoy it. Going out in the field and interpreting will be a lot better than being boxed in at Sorenson. You can do both.

When you're contracted with SLRS, you can either accept or deny when someone at the office contacts you when an interpreter is needed. You can put in your preference, such as how far you're willing to drive. I think you'll be able to charge yourself how much you're wanting to be paid for interpreting. Since you're 5/5, you'll be able to get more money. Stephanie from SLRS will explain more.

Every week, interpreters take turn on who will be On Call status and you can try that. If an interpreter is needed at a hospital overnight and you're on call, you could get 20 to 30 bux or more an hour. I'm not really sure about the pay scale, because every interpreters is different.

Luke
07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I've contracted with SLRS before. I just don't like driving all over the city for appointments. I really like working at Sorenson. And the pay is well.

A church plant is basically just the start of a church. We are hoping to help people and get others to join in and help as well. In whatever way they need help whether it's mowing lawns, fixing cars or babysitting. We want to be do-ers of the Good News rather than pew warmers.

Thunder
07-29-2008, 08:52 PM
That is good. I can feel you on the gas pain. You probably had interpreted for me before, whenever you were with SLRS. lol

Luke
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
No, it's not the gas, as I get reimbursed for that. I just prefer to put my hours in at a regular location, not somewhere different every few hours. Sorenson is really a great job and I'm blessed to have it.

If I'm ever hurtin' for more money I can always pick up some interpreting assignments from SLRS. But, in the mean time, my wife has been able to quit her job and start a non-profit community youth theatre, I've cut my hours in half (from teaching) and my family is able to spend so much more time together. Plus, we can do hobbies and ventures like we haven't been able to ever. Truly a blessing. :)

Thunder
07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
You're makin serious money at Sorenson! lol

I like interpreting. It is fun. I interpretered for someone before at college, between him and many hearing people. He was deaf. lol I used to help teach ASL classes at college and I had thought about pursuing that career in interpreting, but it wasn't long before I had the situation with my ear again. :(