View Full Version : Team selects practice facility

OKCDrummer77
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
NBA team selects practice facility. (http://newsok.com/nba-team-selects-practice-facility/article/3273599/?tm=1216773454)

Performance Sports Center (http://www.performancesportscenter.com/)

This place is on Lincoln Blvd. a few blocks south of NE 150th. Check out the 360 degree virtual tour on their website. Looks like a nice place.

OKCisOK4me
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
What's the time frame for a practice facility to be added on to the Ford Center? If it is more than two years then the players, just like the rest of us, will be happy that the Memorial/Broadway interchange will be done before then. I wonder if they get free Pikepasses.

Intrepid
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
What's the time frame for a practice facility to be added on to the Ford Center? If it is more than two years then the players, just like the rest of us, will be happy that the Memorial/Broadway interchange will be done before then. I wonder if they get free Pikepasses.

I don't think the plan is to have the practice facility added on to the Ford Center, is it?

OKCDrummer77
07-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I don't think the plan is to have the practice facility added on to the Ford Center, is it?

The Ford Center addition is only a warm-up court. The full practice facility (including weight rooms, coaches offices, etc.) will be built later at a yet-undisclosed location.

The next question is, since they bought PSC, what are they going to do when their permanent facility is built?

OKCisOK4me
07-22-2008, 11:08 PM
The Ford Center addition is only a warm-up court. The full practice facility (including weight rooms, coaches offices, etc.) will be built later at a yet-undisclosed location.

The next question is, since they bought PSC, what are they going to do when their permanent facility is built?

Find someone to sell it to?

Yeah, I forgot that that was just a warm up court. Does anyone still know what the possible time frame is for the undisclosed practice facility to be built? I only feel sorry for the players in having to--with a new city--learn all the new roads and routes. At least OKC metro and its suburbs are set up in a mile by mile grid arrangement but they'll still need a Garmin to get around all the road construction projects.

Saberman
07-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Find someone to sell it to?

Yeah, I forgot that that was just a warm up court. Does anyone still know what the possible time frame is for the undisclosed practice facility to be built? I only feel sorry for the players in having to--with a new city--learn all the new roads and routes. At least OKC metro and its suburbs are set up in a mile by mile grid arrangement but they'll still need a Garmin to get around all the road construction projects.

I think they can afford them.

I think the practice facility is scheduled to be finished in 2010. The actual money won't be collected till 2009, starts in January.

I'm thinking that they will start using the money the was originally set aside from MAPS I to start improvements on the FC. The major improvements are to start next summer, said they were going to close down for two months.

metro
07-24-2008, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't say the permanent practice facility is "yet to be disclosed". Basically the location hasn't been determined yet. It's not like anyone is hiding a top secret. They mentioned that they would want to see where the players would live, and prefer the practice facility (again, they have to get here, find a place to live, and get familiar with the city) before this decision will be made for the permanent practice facility that is yet to be built. FYI to the naysayers on the $20 million practice facility, the LA Lakers have a $200 million practice facility just to put things in perspective.

bretthexum
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't say the permanent practice facility is "yet to be disclosed". Basically the location hasn't been determined yet. It's not like anyone is hiding a top secret. They mentioned that they would want to see where the players would live, and prefer the practice facility (again, they have to get here, find a place to live, and get familiar with the city) before this decision will be made for the permanent practice facility that is yet to be built. FYI to the naysayers on the $20 million practice facility, the LA Lakers have a $200 million practice facility just to put things in perspective.

I am pretty sure that they share it with the LA Kings... and there is office space and hotels... but still WOW

NewSpin360
07-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello every one,

Thought you may enjoy these...

Some 360 images we captured a while ago for PSC...

NewSpin360.com Virtual Media (http://host.newspin360.net/performancesportscenter/)

Mike