View Full Version : Karma Baby

Karried
07-19-2008, 11:06 PM
We've all heard the phrases re Karma,

'He'll get what's coming to him one day', She'll get hers'

Do you believe that 'what goes around comes around'?

Do you think people who treat people horribly will somehow eventually get a cosmic kick in the butt?

Do you feel this way or do you think it's all coincidental?

Good things happening or Bad things happening having nothing to do with how you acted or didn't act at some earlier point?

When people really get to me, I get great satisfaction from revenge fantasies and I find myself thinking ' one day, .. payback's a ' fill in the blank'

I can think of a few people that will eventually be held accountable for their transgressions .. it will come back to them in a very bad way, I just know it .. too bad they don't know it yet, then they might think twice about some of their actions.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-20-2008, 12:28 AM
If karma is real...W...T...F did I do to somebody to get called in to work at midnight...On a Sunday...In the middle of a FIVE DAY WEEKEND?

**Grumbles things that would make you blush

kevinpate
07-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh Gawd, if you don't know, you better figure it out before Labor Day weekend gets here

bandnerd
07-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Bad things happen to good people, but ultimately, I think it makes them stronger, better people.

Good things happen to bad people, making them weak, and it leads them to think that they will always get what they want, and they never grow.

I definitely believe that people get what's coming to them, in some form or another. That's why I don't wrong people, ever, at least not on purpose.

Toadrax
07-20-2008, 09:42 AM
There is no such thing as Karma.

Many horrible people through life and do just fine and never "get theirs". There is no heaven and there is no hell. Nothing forces you to be good and nothing punishes you when you are bad.

There are good people and there are bad people. If we were forced or threatened into being good, we wouldn't be good.. we would be slaves. You decide.

Thunder
07-20-2008, 10:00 AM
There is no such thing as Karma.

Many horrible people through life and do just fine and never "get theirs". There is no heaven and there is no hell. Nothing forces you to be good and nothing punishes you when you are bad.

There are good people and there are bad people. If we were forced or threatened into being good, we wouldn't be good.. we would be slaves. You decide.

Sounds like a Jehovah's Witness to me.

Toadrax
07-20-2008, 10:06 AM
What?

Do you actually know anything about Jehovah's Witnesses?

They think that when you die you don't exist.. but after Armegeddon or whatever God is going to raise everyone who didn't gamble, have gay sex, or wear shorts, and live in paradise forever on earth which is kind of like heaven.

They are slaves to a belief system that forces them to act in a certain way in fear that they will cease to exist otherwise.

Thunder
07-21-2008, 12:07 AM
When you specifically mentioned that there is no hell, it is what Jehovah's Witness believes. It is what was told to me when they are trying so hard to convert me. Now, if you're just an Atheist, then that is okay of you not believing in heaven or hell.

Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't believe in Karma, invisible forces of power existing other than Jehovah (God).

Yeah, I was told that when Jehovah's Witnesses die, there is nothing until Jehovah comes to Earth to collect the chosens, including the deads.

They do wear shorts, because one did when he visited me the last time.

Their belief system is seriously flawed. Yes, they are forced to act in a certain way, what is right or wrong. The thing is, they believe that nothing will happen when they die and that the chosens will be with Jehovah when the time comes. So, why is there a need to do all the rules set from the system? Again, it is seriously flawed.

I told a friend, he is a JW, and I said to him that this belief is quite dangerous. It harms, disrespects, and insults people. Plus, they promote the message of hell do not exist, which make it encouraging for depressed people to commit suicide, since they may believe there is no hell and that suicide will end the sufferings without the punishment of more sufferings in hell for all eternity.

Toadrax
07-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Now, if you're just an Atheist, then that is okay of you not believing in heaven or hell.

I am not an Atheist.

Plus, they promote the message of hell do not exist, which make it encouraging for depressed people to commit suicide, since they may believe there is no hell and that suicide will end the sufferings without the punishment of more sufferings in hell for all eternity.

Depression isn't some choice or temptation that normal people have to fight off.

People that kill themselves usually have an illness, an illness that is sometimes fatal. No one goes to hell for getting butt cancer, but depression can send you to hell?

A just God would not punish the mentally ill. That is wrong, irrational, and I refuse to believe it.

joel228
07-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Well, some things just happen. Not everything that happens to us is deserved.
The Bible talks about this.

Mat 5:44-45 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

As for Karma, though, everyone will eventually receive the rewards (or punishment) for their deeds. In Biblical terms, this is called reaping what you sow.

Galations 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.