View Full Version : Central Avenue Villas - 7/19

wsucougz
07-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Aside from the Brownstone's, this imo is shaping up to be the sharpest downtown residential to date:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/wsucougz/City%2020080719/Picture005.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/wsucougz/City%2020080719/Picture006.jpg

Grant
07-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Those do look really nice. And they're not insanely overpriced.

HOT ROD
07-19-2008, 10:19 PM
they do look very nice and URBAN!

I can't wait until they are complete (seems to have taken a very long time for a relatively small project). But I guess that means it is very quality, it certainly looks to be.

sdokc
07-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I just went by this area on Saturday to inquire about the Central Ave Villas. I talked to the woman, Brenda, who offices at the Brownstones model and she was very helpful. They're looking at November for the completion. She mentioned they have sheet rock up in some units and was willing to give a tour if I was interested.

metro
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM
They took a long time because of the underground garage work that had to be done. Yes Brenda is the leasing agent for many of the downtown residential developments (Maywood, Central Ave. Villas, Harvey Lofts).

Pete
07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks for sharing those.

That project looks really sharp!

BDP
07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, these are cool. The best part about them is that it's new construction that isn't trying to look like old construction. They're very central to that neighborhood, too, and could be a cool location as the area develops.

HOT ROD
07-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I agree BDP, I'm actually a bit sick of all of the faux historical construction. I mean, what about the modern new looking architecture - which OKC is also lacking.

Im not saying we shouldn't have new-heritage looking construction, but it was appearing that anything going up in downtown was having this faux theme.

FAUX being FAKE!

And we should demand more of downtown than that.

BG918
07-22-2008, 07:58 AM
SO much better than The Centennial or Legacy! This sets the bar for new urban loft buildings in OKC in its appearance (clean lines, large windows, contextual materials), quality construction, and also good urban design (underground parking, built to the street, density, etc.). The developers and architects of the aforementioned projects should feel ashamed of themselves (and their projects) when compared to this one and a few others that will be completed soon. I love to see The Triangle developing this way, now we just need some of that in Bricktown and midtown...

And about modern architecture in OKC, I agree it is lacking. I was in Tulsa last weekend and there are very contemporary lofts and houses all over the place in the Cherry Street neighborhood and others getting developed in Brookside and Riverview. I'd love to see more of that in OKC and Norman!

Pete
07-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd like to see some similar types of projects as in-fill for the area between the CBD and Midtown.

There is still lots of empty or nearly empty lots in that area and while I appreciate Banta's redevelopment work, it would be great so see some new construction like Central Avenue Villas.

And frankly, I think that area just north of the CBD is a better spot for residential development as there are already lots of services around and certainly more on their way.

supersooner
10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
I drove by here this weekend, well checked out most of the housing downtown. Looks like the Central Ave Villas are going to be pretty nice. I remember seeing the original plans and hope that they haven't changed much. Anyone got current pictures of it? The Hill is also looking pretty nice too. Didn't see any lights on at Maywood though........

GWB
10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Those do look really nice. And they're not insanely overpriced.

How much and how many square feet, bedrooms, etc? Got a link for floor plans and prices?

supersooner
10-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Central Avenue Villas (http://www.centralavenuevillas.com/index.html)

This site doesn't look like it was updated with the current sold units, and I doubt the prices are current. It does have some nice renderings though.

Midtowner
10-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Between $221 and $250 per square foot.

Are these things selling well?

metro
10-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Not sure Mid, but I wouldn't be surprised. Also they are almost finished and looking sharp.

supersooner
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
the exterior looks pretty good. wonder what the interior is. did the owners get to finish them, or are they all done?

flips
10-27-2008, 02:38 PM
the exterior looks pretty good. wonder what the interior is. did the owners get to finish them, or are they all done?

They will be finished out, but there are several different finishes to choose from for many different things. Flooring, tile, sinks, hardware, cabinets, etc.....

betts
10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
They're sheetrocking them now. I suspect if you buy them soon, they are early enough in construction that you can still make a lot decisions. In a couple of months, that probably won't be the case, unless they're leaving the unsold ones unfinished. I think they're about 60% sold, or perhaps even higher.