View Full Version : The Warren is one of the top grossing theaters in the nation

Easy180
07-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Knew it was busy and all but this is pretty exciting for little ole Moore

KSBI-TV - Oklahoma News Tonight - Moore's Warren Theatre Shines Across the Nation (http://www.ksbitv.com/news/25628054.html)

*The Warren Theatre in Moore brought in about 3,000 people for the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight". Putting itself among the top movie theaters in the U.S.*

*During its opening weekend in April, The Warren Theatre in Moore was the 3rd highest grossing theater in the US. City officials say it's been a blockbuster itself*

*Last weekend, New York City's Empire Theatre is the only place in the country that outsold Moore's Warren Theatre for the opening weekend of "Journey to the Center of the Earth".*

solitude
07-18-2008, 09:36 PM
That is simply amazing. Really.

Great news and no wonder they're wanting another theater in far north OKC. Thanks for posting, Easy, as they say - who'da ever thunk it?

HOT ROD
07-18-2008, 09:38 PM
OKC is a gold mine!

Luke
07-18-2008, 10:39 PM
The OKC Gold Mines!

;)

Intrepid
07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
The OKC Gold Mines!

;)

ROFL...no thread is safe from team name speculation!!!!

:tiphat:

MonkeesFan
07-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I am impressed! I want to go to Warren and check it out but I can't because I'm deaf and I wouldn't understand the movie without english subtitles and there is no good movies I want to see yet

Luke
07-19-2008, 03:32 PM
FYI, MonkeesFan, AMC Quail Springs has the reflective captioning in one theater only. If you call or can get someone to call, you can find out what is playing in that theater. My dad is deaf and we went to see Prince Caspian captioned there. Pretty cool.

Warren in Wichita apparently has a pretty cool captioning setup. And with it being all digital here, I would think the captioning would be fairly easy to setup. Last time I spoke to Warren, it was just a wait-and-see kind of thing.

MonkeesFan
07-19-2008, 03:54 PM
FYI, MonkeesFan, AMC Quail Springs has the reflective captioning in one theater only. If you call or can get someone to call, you can find out what is playing in that theater. My dad is deaf and we went to see Prince Caspian captioned there. Pretty cool.

Warren in Wichita apparently has a pretty cool captioning setup. And with it being all digital here, I would think the captioning would be fairly easy to setup. Last time I spoke to Warren, it was just a wait-and-see kind of thing.

Really? I thought it doesn't do that anymore? The last time I went to watch a movie closed caption in the theater was Kiss Of The Dragon with Jet Li

Luke
07-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah, Quail Springs just installed the reflective captioning. Just give 'em a call.

MonkeesFan
07-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Quail Springs just installed the reflective captioning. Just give 'em a call.

Thanks, will do!

Karried
07-19-2008, 07:18 PM
755-2418 Customer Service.

Tonight - Wall E in Theater 20 9:00 and 10:00 pm

You can also go to MovieTickets.com and they said there should be a symbol next to the movie with captioning.

solitude
07-19-2008, 09:51 PM
From the reception Warren has received in Moore, I bet they kick some AMC butt when they open in north OKC.

Karried
07-19-2008, 10:10 PM
omg, thank you otgs.. for that save.. whew! that was a close one.. lol I'm such a dweeb.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-19-2008, 10:13 PM
:tiphat:

Mr Hiram Abiff
11-01-2008, 08:29 PM
What do think of The Warren having a Formal Night once per month, whereby there would be a string quartet in the lobby, adults only, and formal clothing required: ball dresses and tuxedos?