View Full Version : when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

Pages : [1] 2

edcrunk
07-17-2008, 09:40 PM
we all know where metro stands (hehe... love ya buddy).

i personally don't mind. i find it interesting and it eventually seems to get back on topic.

Toadrax
07-17-2008, 10:38 PM
We saw a store at Quail Springs called "Two Sisters".

Is that incest or wincest? We decided it depended on how hot the two sisters were, because when it comes to morality looks are the most important thing.

edcrunk
07-17-2008, 11:04 PM
hmmm... i'm guessing you don't mind veering off topic.
anyways, staying on the off topic... i made out with some hot twins from tulsa once. however, it was individually on seperate occasions tho, unfortunately.

JWil
07-17-2008, 11:58 PM
I'd love to end the years-long, 30-page threads. I guess I'm used to boards where, after a certain time, a thread just dies and if it comes up later, it gets another thread.

edcrunk
07-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I'd love to end the years-long, 30-page threads. I guess I'm used to boards where, after a certain time, a thread just dies and if it comes up later, it gets another thread.
i'm not sure how you go about ending threads... but my attention whoring ass will concentrate on starting threads and i'll rest assured you'll kill them when they've run their course.

JWil
07-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Deal! :)

metro
07-18-2008, 07:48 AM
This thread has gotten off topic.....................hehe j/k :) Mods can we do nothing about it please?

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
i made out with some hot twins from tulsa once. however, it was individually on seperate occasions tho, unfortunately.

How do you know they were twins? It might have been the same girl with different personalities.

Even if they really were twins, you may have made out with the same one twice.

Unless you make out with both of them at the same time, you can't know for sure.

Jesseda
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Speaking about how edmond people are, they really do have a problem, as well as those people who think a Disneyland is being built,a long with all those NBA fans ranting about the new NBA team...

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
The Ford Center Tour was fun last week.

The NBA team should not be named after the weather.

The Eagles are playing the BOK Center on September 6.

Support your favorite local business. Vote in the Gazette's Best of OKC poll!

Midtowner
07-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Speaking of Eagles, did you know that Bald Eagles have been spotted at Lake Arcadia recently???

SouthsideSooner
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Speaking of Eagles, did you know that Bald Eagles have been spotted at Lake Arcadia recently???

If you're referring to Joe Walsh, he may be getting a little thin on top but I wouldn't call him bald....

Midtowner
07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
What's with the guy in Rhinehart's comic book anyhow? To be conservative, do I have to be an old bald guy wearing overalls? Is that the stereotype?

BDP
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
To be conservative, do I have to be an old bald guy wearing overalls?

I just checked. Old bald guy wearing overalls is trademarked by the PBC.

You heard it here first... OUR NEW NBA MASCOT!

Or maybe it's just because they're conservatives...

JWil
07-18-2008, 12:20 PM
If you're referring to Joe Walsh, he may be getting a little thin on top but I wouldn't call him bald....

Hey, his Maserati does 185...

OKCisOK4me
07-18-2008, 12:44 PM

The murky waters of Lake Arcadia come all the way from just west of Ann Arbor between 36th & 39th Streets and points downstream.

Karried
07-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Speaking of water, the next two hurricanes in 2008 will be named Cristobal & Dolly.

MadMonk
07-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I love how some threads meander about based on the attention span of the latest poster. If I had my way...oooh, is that cobbler? I like cobbler.

Peach cobbler is the best.

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 12:56 PM
The lase time there was a Hurricane in Oklahoma, the Sooners beat the crap out of it.

FritterGirl
07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
The lase time there was a Hurricane in Oklahoma, the Sooners beat the crap out of it.

Do you mean the Miami Hurricane, or the Tulsa Golden Hurricane. Speaking of Tulsa, did you know that our new NBA team the Oklahoma Eagles, will be playing their first game at Tulsa's BOK Center?

Jesseda
07-18-2008, 01:07 PM
no I did not know that, will they be selling the oklahoma city nba named shirts up in tulsa as well?

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes, but they're going to cover up the "City."

SouthsideSooner
07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Do you mean the Miami Hurricane, or the Tulsa Golden Hurricane. Speaking of Tulsa, did you know that our new NBA team the Oklahoma Eagles, will be playing their first game at Tulsa's BOK Center?

Now that's what I'd call "life in the fast lane" but "I can't tell you why".....

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 01:15 PM
We'll find out the new mascot "One Of These Nights", so until then, "Take It Easy".

In Seattle, it's a "Heartache Tonight". Eventually, they'll get another team to "Try And Love Again".

sweetdaisy
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
This is the best thread ever. I wouldn't mind this becoming the new "never-ending" thread.

Thanks for the laughs, everyone!

FritterGirl
07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Wait, Wait!!! Why didn't we think of this SOONER? Here's the name:

The OKLAHOMA DESPERADOS! It's even got an "S" on the end of it.

JWil
07-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Wait, Wait!!! Why didn't we think of this SOONER? Here's the name:

The OKLAHOMA DESPERADOS! It's even got an "S" on the end of it.

***Quietly stares off glassy-eyed in another direction***

soonerfan21
07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Desperado . . . why don't you come to your senses? Oh no, then that would make total sense in the forum:dizzy:

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
We've been "out riding fences" on this mascot issue "for so long now."

Karried
07-18-2008, 04:58 PM
That name might work.. after all, they are the 'New Kid in Town' ... Seattle let them go, ' I Can't Tell You Why', but they left 'Life in the Fast Lane' to come to OKC.

True, Seattle fans are dealing a 'Heartache Tonight and it looks like it's going to be another 'Tequila Sunrise'

But in the 'Long Run' , Seattle fans will get a new team, and their days of visiting the 'Sad Cafe' and being a 'Victim of Love' will be long gone

But well give them the 'Best of our Love' and 'One of These Nights' they won't even remember Seattle.

And we never know, 'After the Thrill is Gone', we might be experiencing some of the same feelings that Seattle is feeling.

tee hee,

a) too much time on my hands
b) I love the Eagles

MadMonk
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
I'll like the name Desperados "When Hell Freezes Over". Being "The New Kid In Town" it's probably tough on the team not knowing their name. But in "The Long Run", I'm sure it'll all work out so this discussion is "Wasted Time". Just "Get Over It" and you'll get a "Peaceful Easy Feeling" "In a New York Minute".

Thank you...thank you very much. :D

BTW, anyone tried the Sam Adams Irish Red? It's pretty decent stuff.

Karried
07-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Nice.......

I've always wanted to visit Ireland.

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Seattle sued Clay Bennett as "The Last Resort" but in the end it was just "Wasted Time". Eventually, they'll "Get Over It" and stop hating us because "Love Will Keep Us Alive".

If they do go with Desperados, they should rename one of the restaurants "Sunset Grill".

solitude
07-18-2008, 05:47 PM
What is this thread about? Anyway, I LOVE Mac & Cheese, but only with fat macaroni.

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 05:50 PM
This thread is like Seinfeld. It's about absolutely nothing.

Karried
07-18-2008, 05:53 PM
And funny as heck.

Speaking of macaroni, the jury is out, low carb diets work the best, which has thrown me into a state of depression.

What is life, I ask, without pasta and bread, a baked potato or french fries... it's no life at all I tell ya. Anyone tried Zoloft?

Nawfside OKC
07-18-2008, 06:06 PM
hey guys only a couple more months till the state fair. who wants happy meals...

OKCDrummer77
07-18-2008, 06:07 PM
In that context, my "happy meal" is a turkey leg in one hand and a funnel cake in the other.

Nawfside OKC
07-18-2008, 06:10 PM
^ lol this is getting real silly ...go!!! gary england

solitude
07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
hey guys only a couple more months till the state fair. who wants happy meals...

You're right, the fair is right around the corner!

Oh!!! By the way, the temperature in Magnolia Springs, Alabama is now 84 degrees. (Chance of some storms tomorrow.)

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2129/magkn4.jpg

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 06:51 PM
And funny as heck.

Speaking of macaroni, the jury is out, low carb diets work the best, which has thrown me into a state of depression.

What is life, I ask, without pasta and bread, a baked potato or french fries... it's no life at all I tell ya. Anyone tried Zoloft?

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5388/backtothekitchenlg5.jpg

SOONER8693
07-18-2008, 07:04 PM
"Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye". Yogi Berra once said, "I try to go to as many other people's funerals as possible, otherwise, they won't come to mine".

SouthsideSooner
07-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Yogi also said " nobody goes there anymore, it's always too crowded"

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I never meant for all this to happen you know...

It all started when we won the DHS contract to create a terrorist database. Mr. Magenta immediately demanded that we develop using MUMPS. I knew he was up to no good, but little did I know that I was an unwitting pawn in his grand scheme, a pawn being manipulated from moment one.

kevinpate
07-18-2008, 07:31 PM
"never-ending" thread.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.
:fighting4

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 07:32 PM
My first step was to write tot he head of Homeland Security to explain the dire consequences of using MUMPS. I explained the many dangers, though in hindsight I realize I failed to provide enough detail. It was then that I made the truly fatal error of telling the director it was imperative that he eliminate or destroy any and all traces of MUMPS, else DHS would fail, and terrorism would triumph.

solitude
07-18-2008, 07:34 PM
But really, what can Mr. Magenta do to you?

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/975/churchsignet3.jpg

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Mr. Magenta knew me all too well. My hot temper and brash behavior. The way my tendency to exaggerate is compounded by terse commenting style. My overwhelming hatred of MUMPS. It wasn't all my fault though. If only the DHS director hadn't forwarded that email to everyone in his address book. DHS, CIA, FBI, NSA, the heads of the armed forces... they all received that email, and his note... DESTROY ALL TRACES...

solitude
07-18-2008, 08:08 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5376/tinfoilgc0.jpg

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
That's when the proverbial **** hit the fan... Mr. Magenta counted on that too - stupidity in all levels of government, action without thought, near-sighted, knee-jerk, reaction to a perceived danger. The mass executions began immediately. They scanned the medical databases, the supposed private ones, and led the vaccinated away - destroy all traces after all... tens of millions of Americans died and all record of their existence was erased.

solitude
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/138/toadbooknt3.jpg

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
If it weren't for the rare thinking government employee who noticed the medical databases had been written in MUMPS and made the connection we'd all be dead... and Mr. Magenta would have won. I'm sorry, please forgive me.

Nawfside OKC
07-19-2008, 02:12 AM
You're right, the fair is right around the corner!

Oh!!! By the way, the temperature in Magnolia Springs, Alabama is now 84 degrees. (Chance of some storms tomorrow.)

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2129/magkn4.jpg

lol solitude you did it with that 1 that's the most radom sh** I ever saw i'm scare to see who is gonna top you.....speaking of tops top-hats.com

dalelakin
07-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Peach cobbler is the best.

Meers General Store has the best ever. Oh get it ala mode the ice cream is "homemade" there as well as the cobbler.

OKCDrummer77
07-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I can't vouch for the cobbler (not a fan of cobbler in general, actually), but their burgers are well worth the drive, even at today's gas prices.

Speaking of gas prices, the Circle K at May & Britton dropped from $3.81 to $3.61 sometime between 5 and 7 last night. Not complaining at all, just curious as to what happened to cause that.

Karried
07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
sweet! .. gas prices dropping just in time for a trip to Dallas next week. Flying from there to Universal Studios and Disneyworld.....

I've never been to Disneyworld - I hope they have fast roller coasters somewhere. My favorite is the Dragster and Millenium at Cedar Point - what's yours?

MonkeesFan
07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I can't vouch for the cobbler (not a fan of cobbler in general, actually), but their burgers are well worth the drive, even at today's gas prices.

Speaking of gas prices, the Circle K at May & Britton dropped from $3.81 to $3.61 sometime between 5 and 7 last night. Not complaining at all, just curious as to what happened to cause that.

Yeah, it seems to drop 20 cents everywhere last night

Karried
07-19-2008, 03:12 PM
The only thing this thread is missing is OhGawdtheSmell .... this is right you your alley... come out, come out, wherever you are.

SouthsideSooner
07-19-2008, 04:07 PM
sweet! .. gas prices dropping just in time for a trip to Dallas next week. Flying from there to Universal Studios and Disneyworld.....

I've never been to Disneyworld - I hope they have fast roller coasters somewhere. My favorite is the Dragster and Millenium at Cedar Point - what's yours?

We went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure last year and they've got some great roller coasters.

Spend the extra money and get the express passes. You'll be glad you did.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-19-2008, 07:59 PM
The only thing this thread is missing is OhGawdtheSmell .... this is right you your alley... come out, come out, wherever you are.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/imawingnut/lolwut.jpg