View Full Version : "chickens are smarter that dogs and cats!"

Chefdavies
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Now, I have no problems with vegans, or vegitarians. I'm probably the most easy going person in the world, maybe. My problem is when vegitarians try to convince me that if I stopped eating meat I'll save the world. I picked up the Peace paper today, (just for some laughable reading). In it was the "top ten reasons to cut meat consumption." I found problems in each reason.

1. talks about bio fuels, how if we stopped eating meat that grain can be used for cars and it will stop global warming. Um, last time I checked cows are hurting the enviroment just as bad as cars. I could be wrong.

2. Deals with the fact that, I'm quoting here "These animals will never raise a family, build nests, feel the warmth on their backs, or breathe fresh air." Give me a freaking break!!! So, I should ignore the homeless guy that hasn't eaten in 2 weeks, and has the sun on his face everyday, so I can protect a chicken.

4. Apparently the World Health Organizations said that the avian flu can be caught by under cooking items, basically cross contamination and that if you switch to a vegatatian diet you can avoid stuff like SARS...Has the writer ever heard of Salmonella? Not to gross ppl out, but the workers in the fields have to bathrooms out that, i'll let you finish that thought.

9. Best one of all, "chickens are smarter that dogs and cats!" Chickens can solve complex problems, demonstrate self-control, and even worry! So does that mean, they are smart enough to know their just being breed to eat? If they are so worried and they are so smart, why not try to run away? Give me a break, only thing I need to know about a chicken is how you want it cooked.

The rest of points I didn't really have any problems with. Now, I hope I didnt upset anyone. I respect meat eaters and vegitarians alike. I can see both sides, but when someone tells me I can change the world by taking away something I like to eat it bothers me. Once again this was just a rant, I'll get off my soap box now.

alan
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
chickens taste better than cats or dogs.

Chefdavies
07-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Your not lying, but it does depend on what chinese restaurant you got to for your dog or cat...jk

MadMonk
07-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Veg-heads and Vegans crack me up. You don't want to eat meat, that's fine with me, it leaves more for the rest of us. But stay out of my face about it.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg