View Full Version : More proof that BBJ was right about a name being agreed upon...

SoonerDustin
07-17-2008, 08:29 AM
a poster over at sonicsbeat.com suggested going to the US Dept of Patents and Trademarks and searching "The Professional Basketball Club" to pull up all the Sonics trademarks assigned to them. There are 30 of them. 2 of them are for the "Oklahoma City Supersonics" filed July 8th which coincides with the story from the NBA that they filed for the trademark on that name. Well, I checked on those names today and it now lists the "oklahoma city supersonics" as DEAD instead of LIVE. The abandonment date is July 15th, 2008 the same day that BBJ came out with the story. See for yourselves...

go to United States Patent and Trademark Office Home Page (http://www.uspto.gov/)...On the left hand side menu select "trademarks"...Select "Search TM database"....select "Free Form Search (advanced search)"...Type in "The Professional Basketball Club" include the quotations...

You'll find all that you need there. I think they know that folks are checking this and I have a feeling we will know something really soon.

autoMATTic
07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Interesting. Don't know that I would call it proof but it is coincidental.

OKCMallen
07-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Well I think everyone was already pretty sure we weren't suing the Sonics name, so this doesn't say much.

SoonerDustin
07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Interesting. Don't know that I would call it proof but it is coincidental.

Just a little more than coinicdental. The NBA filed that on behalf of the PBC...It's abandonded the same day the BBJ breaks the news that the NBA, PBC, and City agreed on a name? I worked in radio for 5 years, when we changed KQSR to the BUZZ, we had to time the announcement around the day the the patent office and FCC had the call letters changed. This is more than coincidence...

OKCMallen
07-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Or they could have it down to three names, one of which they use for sure. We don't know anything.

traxx
07-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Do you have some personal stake in BBJ being right? Is Vegas laying odds on whether BBJ is right or something?

Toadrax
07-17-2008, 09:15 AM
The team name could be a symbol, and people would call them the team formally known as the sonics.

SoonerDustin
07-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Do you have some personal stake in BBJ being right? Is Vegas laying odds on whether BBJ is right or something?

Nope just ready for it to be over with...

OKCMallen
07-17-2008, 09:29 AM
http://seeoeye.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/PRINCE.jpg

ultimatesooner
07-17-2008, 11:32 AM
The team name could be a symbol, and people would call them the team formally known as the sonics.

that would be sweet

autoMATTic
07-18-2008, 08:06 AM
The 45th comes back today. Perhaps there will be an announcement.

BDP
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Nope just ready for it to be over with...

Why? People are acting like this has been going on for months and months. I'm not even sure it's been a month yet. It's so perfect that people are alredy acting spoiled and demanding towards the owners.

I thought this team would get a few years before people started demanding wins, but we can't even wait 2 months for a name... I understand the impatience, but the anomisty and conspiracy is ridiculous. So what if they have the name and aren't telling anyone? I think it'd be weird, but why are people so upset? Guess what, they will tell you the name and, guess what, most people won't like it.

How funny is it that the entitlement has already started and no one has even moved here, yet.

autoMATTic
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Why? People are acting like this has been going on for months and months. I'm not even sure it's been a month yet. It's so perfect that people are alredy acting spoiled and demanding towards the owners.

I thought this team would get a few years before people started demanding wins, but we can't even wait 2 months for a name... I understand the impatience, but the anomisty and conspiracy is ridiculous. So what if they have the name and aren't telling anyone? I think it'd be weird, but why are people so upset? Guess what, they will tell you the name and, guess what, most people won't like it.

How funny is it that the entitlement has already started and no one has even moved here, yet.

I think you need to go back to bed. Nobody here feels entitlement. No conspiracy. No animosity. We are all having fun. This is awesome for us!!! We are like little kids the night before Disney Land.

Take a pill.

SoonerDustin
07-18-2008, 10:27 AM

Do you feel better now? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Combination_enema_and_douche_syringe.jpg/800px-Combination_enema_and_douche_syringe.jpg

BDP
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Ahhhhh, thanks guys. Pills and enemas. This place has great service.

Seriously, though, I just think all of this "they need to tell us NOW" stuff is stupid. Did you read Rhode's article? People are checking domain registration hourly and coming up with powerpoints for their own name. And now Dustin's diggin' through government documents to "prove" BBJ's clandestine name hoggin theory.

I want to know what the name will be as much as anyone, but the obssesion's bordering on hysteria... well, at least it's hysterical.

But, please, carry on with big "investigation" in the mild, laid back, relaxed post-enema Quaalude manner its been going so far.

Wait a sec... GoDaddy shows OKCBubbas.com is taken... checkin' with the feds and I'll get back to you. BBJ knows his stuff!

Kerry
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
SoonerDustin: Then what are we gonna do?

BDP: Start making our way back home.

SoonerDustin: No, I meant about BBJ. He's gonna steal the team name.

BDP: We stop him.

SoonerDustin: Is it really so hard to believe that someone's gonna try to steal the team name?

BDP: The OKCTalk site gets 75 tips a week. They're not gonna worry about something they're sure is safe.

SoonerDustin: But anyone that can do anything is gonna think we're crazy. Anyone crazy enough to believe us isn't gonna want to help.

BDP: We don't need someone crazy. But one step short of crazy, what do you get?

SoonerDustin: Obsessed.

BDP: Passionate.

brianinok
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
SoonerDustin: Then what are we gonna do?

BDP: Start making our way back home.

SoonerDustin: No, I meant about BBJ. He's gonna steal the team name.

BDP: We stop him.

SoonerDustin: Is it really so hard to believe that someone's gonna try to steal the team name?

BDP: The OKCTalk site gets 75 tips a week. They're not gonna worry about something they're sure is safe.

SoonerDustin: But anyone that can do anything is gonna think we're crazy. Anyone crazy enough to believe us isn't gonna want to help.

BDP: We don't need someone crazy. But one step short of crazy, what do you get?

SoonerDustin: Obsessed.

BDP: Passionate.:LolLolLol Nice use of the movie script!